Theurgist Iztala

narmarratuk

Dalayan Adventurer
Please Devs head my plead. Took down this adept 5/24/2015 after 3 attempts with full raid and VERY good geared people. The drops two caster cloaks(that can easely be replaced with Traekoth's cloak a MUCH easier adept) and a crappy stone with a not so useful 20 charges clicky Theurgist's Stone (Summon Coldstone). The problem I see here is that this adept defeats the purpose of what Adepts where originally intended to be. I will like to ask you to consider removing the FD element in the erath elementals as this is very distracting and multiple procs wiped us pretty much because of its insane damage, completely unnecessary . I understand that pre-nerfed this adept had way awesome gear...but that gear has been nerfed thus not many do what I did the other day to put a raid together and help people for the past 3 days to lvl up to catch up and help us do it. It is a lot of work, a lot of effort, reward is not there ... at least not anymore, tonight it certainly was not worth the 5 hours and 3 attempts. Adept's purpose is to train newbies to raid, not to make it insane difficult t10 strategy and everyone above average gear to defeat, that is NOT the purpose Wiz made adepts for. Please tone down the difficulty for this adept, make it enjoyable not something newbies are gonna skip and hate because the preparation it takes and difficulty is nearly impossible and the rewards are just only so-so except for the earring. It is a heck of a fun fight, except for the annoying distracting FD otherwise.

The difficulty could be taken down a notch or two, or the loot code could be rejigged to match the encounter's current difficulty. I would prefer the latter.

The fight in its present form is very challenging and (wipes aside) enjoyable. However, what is not enjoyable is the fact that, after the ragtag group of 30- and 40-somethings finally manage to scrape by with a victory, they're rewarded with a measly two pieces of equipment along with one Theurgist's Stone. All variants of the Theurgist's Stone are [EXPENDABLE] and limited to 20 charges. This means that the (already minimal) benefit they confer will evaporate once the final charge is used up. I believe the loot table is coded such that one of these clickies will take one of three loot slots every time this mob dies, which effectively reduces the payoff of this rarely-attempted Adept to only two genuine loot rewards.

Theurgist Iztala is uniquely stingy in this way. She stands in contrast to all other Adepts in the 17-57 range, each and every one of which drops three pieces of "permanent" loot, whether it be in the form of a weight reduction bag, a Throwing clicky (with infinite charges, by the way), or -- most commonly -- old-fashioned, equippable gear.

In short:
  • Theurgist Iztala involves a strategy akin to 65+ mid-tier planar raiding, including multiple phases, forced Feign Deaths, explosive PBAEs, adds galore, and more.
  • When she dies, she drops two pieces of equipment and one 20-charge novelty clicky.
  • The risk vs. reward would be more palatable to would-be Iztala raiders if her loot code were revised to drop three pieces of equipment alongside one of the disposable Theurgist's Stones.

I will agree about those lame clickies, please remove all those clickies with charges Including her summon food clickie (since flitterwing drops much better summon food clickie, and another drops as a world drop item, no need to waste her loot space with it) with something more useful like Blue Leather Gloves that will cover gloves for wis casters and melee DPS pre-traekoth/pounders. http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Blue_Leather_Gloves. Also the real purpose of this is not really the loot, but the purpose of the fight, what Adepts were originally intended to be, this one does not fit the role at all. Please revise.

Curious that an [EXPABLE] item like Blue Leather Gloves would exist yet avoid discovery by players for this long. (The item was added to the wiki via GM permissions, as far as I can tell.) It predates Theurgist Iztala's entry into the game by at least a year and probably much longer than that, so it don't seem to have any connection to the Paw Adept's intended loot table. They definitely bear the hallmarks of Adept loot though.

Anyone have input of these glubs? o_O

EDIT: Actually, a little Fomelo sleuthing turned up one solitary player who wears this item -- a level 12 Ranger called Yast. Still doesn't shed much light on the matter, apart from indicating that the item is attainable and that it must come from a mob no higher than level 27 (unless it's quested or something).

Last edited:
I remember these gloves being part of the Shedari's Tasks quests from Surefall Glade. I only remember someone linking them to me years and years ago just after the quest line was released. But, the quests I believe are broken now and only go up to the 2nd or 3rd task.

Well that is an example of an item, I really don't care as long as they put something else in the loot table that is not some click item that only has 20 charges of some sort of low level spell pretty much useless.... or a summon food item as they are many to be obtained from elsewhere it is just a waste. So far there is no "melee" shoulder piece from adepts, and some other selections that are short (for example clerics and shamans got tons of BP items while druids only have the hide from sludgebreath, not much to play with there, and there is only one bow from treant while there are tons of piercers and 2handers..) to be wasting it on some crappy item not worth the effort and turn people off after waiting so long for this fight. But most importantly, not about the item, it is about the difficulty my complain here which is very hard for people who are not properly geared and learning the ropes.

I remember these gloves being part of the Shedari's Tasks quests from Surefall Glade. I only remember someone linking them to me years and years ago just after the quest line was released. But, the quests I believe are broken now and only go up to the 2nd or 3rd task.
I completed all three available steps to Shedari's quest this morning in hopes of nabbing the glubs for myself. However, the questline completes after the 3rd task and she gives no indication of any further quest, let alone anything related to the Blue Leather Gloves. :(

==========​

Back to Iztala's loot, and I'll admit I now have a vested interest in the matter. I notice that Iztala's equipment bears a recommended level of 40. The Adept herself is only 2 levels above this (max 42 engage), and it is not uncommon for toons in the mid-to-high 30s to pitch in against this kitty cat. So, why is the rec level so close to the engage level?! Even Snowskin, who is one level higher than Iztala, has loot with a much more generous rec level of 35. Iztala's cape summons Jaspers, but only if the player is level 40+; this means the clicky has an effective lifespan of only a couple levels, as the level 44 reagent spells for all the listed classes upgrade from Jasper to Peridot. Lowering the rec level on this item would give it greater longevity. Again, though, I admit I'm making this request out of self-interest.

Oh, and another Theurgist's Stone dropped tonight. I believe it rotted with the corpse. Good riddance! :mad:

For some reason my brain is telling me that adepts only drop 2 loots per kill -- am I making things up? does this change at some point?

For the stones, why not change them to summon the four (lvl 34?) mage pets instead? Reduce the charges to 10.

The vast majority of Adepts drop three "real" loots without fail. Off the top of my head, the only exceptions to this rule are:
  • Rabb the Rat (Level 1)
    • Drops 1 piece of equipment + Rat on a Stick x 3 (1-charge Mez clicky)
  • Gristle (Level 4)
  • The Junkbeast (Level 15)
  • Theurgist Iztala (Level 42)
    • Drops 2 pieces of equipment + 1 [EXPENDABLE] clicky
It's possible the Theurgist's Stone spot on Iztala's loot table is shared with the Bottomless Picnic Basket, but I can't confirm it. That clicky at least has unlimited charges, but I'm sure a third piece of equipment would be much preferred over an Adept food clicky (which already exists anyway).

Having the fight drop 3 loots plus 1 flavor stone seems like a relatively simple fix that would incentivize killing it slightly more, but that still doesn't really address what OP states is the problem here. I've never done the fight but the strat (at least from what the wiki says) seems significantly more complicated than any other adepts and a whole lot to expect from a group/raid of level 40's.

I vaguely recall reading something about how this adept was aimed at luring people to roll alts for the challenge?

Okay we down her a few times, here are some issues I found:
1 - the earth elementals proc way too much one attempts we had them proc one after the other not allowing us to even cast a fast heal. had like 4 procs in a row, was crazy - please lower the proc rate, it is ridiculous as is and not many on those levels can take those hits.
2 - room re-spawned on top of us while killing the earth elemental wave the second attempt! please remove those adds, no one kill them anyways.

please remove those adds, no one kill them anyways.

How about a script that disables their respawn until 20 minutes after the adept is dead or has no aggro. I can tell you for a fact I and many others have killed those mobs when working on Newport faction. This way is a win/win. :)

Back
Top Bottom