The 2 box rule needs to go away.

Buff in two minutes? Ok bro brb crashing 5 times.

15 minutes later

Can finally play shards

Buff in two minutes? Ok bro brb crashing 5 times.

15 minutes later

Can finally play shards
Maybe the fact that goons buff fast is why we are killing all the content? When I duo I have my two in required buffs in under 5 minutes...

I very heavily support unlimited concurrent boxes in designated zones (for buffing). Buffing is an incredible waste of time, and buffing a duo takes way too long even with fast camp. I know, I know, they're saying just group with real people and buff. If you say that, you should try grouping. Before I last quit, I could ooc all night and never get any interest.

Buffs don't add any fun to the game, and if it were up to me I'd take the radical option of rolling all the buffs into one super buff and letting you hail for it in towns.

Maybe the fact that goons buff fast is why we are killing all the content? When I duo I have my two in required buffs in under 5 minutes...
You're so stubborn there's no point in even arguing but I will say you're delusional if you think buffing should stay and is not a waste of time. Give me one reason why it should stay besides well that's just the way it is and has been.

Edit: yeah like fuwok said, people say group with people who can buff, but last night I ooc'd for a group for about an hour and never got anything

Obviously a shot at my thread in SoD Discussion.

Good one bro. If you want to comment on it you should do it in that thread, not this one.
your thread was made
Ludovician, Today at 12:23 AM

my post was made
Tevinter, Yesterday at 11:23 PM
Also, people have always argued that enchanters are unwanted in groups(which is simply not true) because haste/jb last too long. If they had short duration, it would be foolish to not take an enchanter to every exp group which would be a much worse situation imo.

For buffing, I'm 100% fine with this, but I am adamant that this is NOT a good idea for actual content!

Aside from disincentives toward grouping (keep all the plat to oneself), this is also going to create an inevitable gap between people who have the machines to quad+ box and those who don't. As a thought experiment, let's look at the fights which can be duoed vs the ones which are easily 1 grouped. Assuming the fight does not require extensive movement, many, many fights are easily 1-grouped because they function as a gear / numbers check, not a strat check. Something like this is going to lead to all of the lower level raid content being permafarmed by a few neckbeard types that have compulsions to gear out a new alt every week. Think about what a ringer tank with two highend dps, 2 clerics, and either a druid or shaman could do, and then explain how this won't break the crap out of this game.

I litterally 5 boxed original everquest on a pentium3 533mhz box. (loading was slow as shit)

I do not think the intent of this thread is to make buffing easier, but to change the 2 box rule (the title gives it away). If you want to argue the merits of the buff system and how there should be some half assed band-aid fix (like allowing multi-boxing in cities just to buff) to an annoying and unenjoyable system then head over to this thread which is about buffing.

People arguing that 3 boxing will kill grouping I do not think have actually played SoD. Two boxing allows people to go off and play with themselves for hours on end which they do completely ignoring anyone lfg in ooc because the benefit of killing things a little bit faster is miniscule compared to giving up half the loot/plat. In other words, if your concern is groups forming then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Solutions to the forming groups problem have been proposed (and ignored, as is protocol), the two best that have seen are scaling xp up with more group members and having rust code pops scale up with the number of people in zone. Bam, there is an INCENTIVE to pull in those people lfg in ooc. People play together more instead of logging on for 10 minutes, getting frustrated they cannot find a group, then logging off. This thread doesn't even need to exist anymore because the core problem is fixed in a positive social way instead of a weirdo playing multiple characters alone way.

Solutions to the forming groups problem have been proposed (and ignored, as is protocol), the two best that have seen are scaling xp up with more group members and having rust code pops scale up with the number of people in zone. Bam, there is an INCENTIVE to pull in those people lfg in ooc. People play together more instead of logging on for 10 minutes, getting frustrated they cannot find a group, then logging off. This thread doesn't even need to exist anymore because the core problem is fixed in a positive social way instead of a weirdo playing multiple characters alone way.
The loot side of things is the crux of the issue. From both a quest, cash, and item standpoint, if the ability exists to box enough toons to kill hard mobs, people will do them boxed instead of grouped because they don't want competition.

The loot side of things is the crux of the issue. From both a quest, cash, and item standpoint, if the ability exists to box enough toons to kill hard mobs, people will do them boxed instead of grouped because they don't want competition.

Ah yes, the comical "charms exist as a platinum sink" vs "100% of all money enters the economy through deliberate farming for charms" problem.

Limit of 3 sounds more reasonable to me, atleast like that I could play a tank, healer, and a character that actually needs exp.

People saying grouping would be even less than it is now, uh which is zero? Seriously try ooc for a group, it wont happen unless you are playing a tank and healer. People don't group because its almost always better to just grab someone from your guild/friends list.

Yes plat is a big reason people often just duo, but that's not their fault. The server puts such a big importance on charms, and most characters are at the point where exp isn't as important to them as money.

The problem in my opinion is trash mobs drop almost nothing and all cash value is on named farming. The whole economy sucks as it is, but maybe its to late to fix that.

If they let me 3 box content, I'm never grouping anyone again. Only as charity. Most likely, it would be guild only leaching forever. I can do basically all content I want to with tank/healer/dps... No joke, dudes that are higher tier than me hardly need to group dudes as is...

If they let me 3 box content, I'm never grouping anyone again. Only as charity. Most likely, it would be guild only leaching forever. I can do basically all content I want to with tank/healer/dps... No joke, dudes that are higher tier than me hardly need to group dudes as is...

I'll never group you, BACK TO THE REMNANTS TUNNELS WITH YOU.

Ok well have fun being a recluse while I box a extra toon when we only have 5 ppl in a group

Ok well have fun being a recluse while I box a extra toon when we only have 5 ppl in a group
this is the point, cool dudes like Sabuti would be able to bring three people to fill out a group and no one would be forced to group with awful people like daffie anymore just to play the game.

If people want to go solo then who cares, if people want to box and kill low tier content who cares? It would give a lot of people a reason to play the game again. It would make low tier content matter again.

i dont see a problem buffing characters when you can just ask a guild member of yours to log your character in for a second. I think a real solution to the lack of groups is to increase the exp groups get.

setting the box limit to 3 will definitely hurt trying to get into groups
increasing group exp will do nothing but help people get in.

Increase box limit to 3, bump up group xp, increase trash cash drops, allow tome turn ins, increase buff timers, instance 6 mans. None of this matters, because the root of the issue here is that none of you are me. I'm me, you you. Get like me.

I also want to add that a good number of people have flocked over to p99 because of their rules against boxing. If you were to poll the players that have left over there a good majority will say because of boxing.

Back
Top Bottom