Solosolki

Waldoff

Administrator
Staff member
Today Solosolki's girlfriend joined on to staff IRC to inform us that he has passed away.

Solosolki began playing SOD in 2009, and has been a huge part of the community ever since. Over the last few months, Solosolki has spent numerous hours developing a zone for the continuation of the Ikisith expansion. The Silent Halls are around 90% done, and we hope to finish the zone and release it in his honor over the coming weeks.

I will update this thread if I come across any more information regarding his death. I welcome anyone to post any stories, memories or screenshots they have with Solosolki in reply to this thread.

RIP Solosolki, we had our disagreements, we had productive discussons as well. :(

Today Solosolki's girlfriend joined on to staff IRC to inform us that he has passed away.

Solosolki began playing SOD in 2009, and has been a huge part of the community ever since. Over the last few months, Solosolki has spent numerous hours developing a zone for the continuation of the Ikisith expansion. The Silent Halls are around 90% done, and we hope to finish the zone and release it in his honor over the coming weeks.

I will update this thread if I come across any more information regarding his death. I welcome anyone to post any stories, memories or screenshots they have with Solosolki in reply to this thread.

Had a lot of fun playing with the guy. He was always pro-SoD community. Below is the last time I played with him. We killed Jenrok. Solo got those arms but was a little bummed channeling wasn't what it used to be :)

Attachments

• EQ000195.bmp
    3.8 MB · Views: 69
Holy cow. I'm kind of at a loss for words. Solo was a fixture of the SOD community since before most of us even started playing. He will be sorely missed.

I enjoyed my time playing video games with this dude, gonna miss being able to hear his voice over vent. Solo loved this game so much, kind of funny that his girlfriend thought she should tell his internet nerd friends about his death.

This was a player with a lot of passion. As much as I may have disagreed with his opinions, he was a pillar within the community and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

I enjoyed my time playing video games with this dude, gonna miss being able to hear his voice over vent. Solo loved this game so much, kind of funny that his girlfriend thought she should tell his internet nerd friends about his death.

I've thought about this a lot and I think it's the right move on all counts. If anyone here dies I hope they have someone who would tell all their e-bros about it.

I did not know him well at all but did raid a few times with him. I am glad we were informed of his passing or we would have thought he just vanished. It brings closure.

My brother and I played with Solo for a really long time. I still remember being in <Eternal Wrath> with him doing VD maps on tier. And who could forget the night our whole guild got banned in Halls of Misery for macro-questing with myself solo and my brother being of like 6 people left.

He was a great guy, and a good friend to me in this game. He will be missed... RIP brother Solosolki.

Wow this is terrible. Solo was the only person on shards whom I've never had anything negative to say about, nicest most helpful dude youve ever played shards with, and I'm not just saying that now that he's passed away. Truly makes me sad, rip gabe..

I just talked with Solos girlfriend on facebook and confirmed that this is not a prank. She is going to let us know what the arrangements are. I think it would be really nice if we could somehow show support for her and his family from his internet friends

I just talked with Solos girlfriend on facebook and confirmed that this is not a prank. She is going to let us know what the arrangements are. I think it would be really nice if we could somehow show support for her and his family from his internet friends
maybe start up a donation fund to help cover the cost of the funeral?

I don't know what to say. Somehow, nothings seems appropriate. I know he had passion for SoD and many people that play it. With that in mind, perhaps the best thing I could say in his memory is, "the dude had game."

When I first read this, I thought it was a joke, since I just talked to him yesterday. I am truly at a loss, he was a good dude and I was enjoying working with him on things. It just doesn't seem real.

real sad to hear about this, spent countless hours slaying monsters and talking with solo. good times

Back
Top Bottom