Solosolki

I snapped some photos of the handout with his obituary in it. Nwaij deleted the obit post I had made earlier, but here is the whole thing for viewing now.

http://imgur.com/a/fENOs

It was a really nice outdoor ceremony, his parents sang and everyone including myself cried a lot. Lots of people stood up and told stories. I tried my best to tell his family about this world and what a big deal he was in it. We are going to try and arrange for them to get to view some of his new content when it goes live and explain it as best we can.

Last edited:
I tried my best to tell his family about this world and what a big deal he was in it. We are going to try and arrange for them to get to view some of his new content when it goes live and explain it as best we can.

big thanks to fidel for being a great representative of the community. i know solo's family was glad just to meet a couple of his internet friends, and fidel went the extra mile to talk about what solo was about here and how we could try to share that with them.

I just found out about his passing tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. RIP Solo

This is sad news. :(

Me and Satrig still consider one snipe Solo made happen ages ago as one of the best memories of our time in SoD. Where Solo, back in FWF, out of nowhere made us get a full raid online on euro hours when Exodus was forming up outside TurRuj and have all FWF members to port in at the exact same time and run past Exo that had no idea what was going on until it was too late. I still recall him making the calls in vent and /gu "Melees, start casting gate items!" "Casters cast your gate spell NOW!" "If you camped outside TurRuj, hit enter NOW!" Just to time so that we all got into position at the same time to snipe the zone.

That was a really fun raid altho you beat my roll on that Signet of Worship.

Today Solosolki's girlfriend joined on to staff IRC to inform us that he has passed away.

Solosolki began playing SOD in 2009, and has been a huge part of the community ever since. Over the last few months, Solosolki has spent numerous hours developing a zone for the continuation of the Ikisith expansion. The Silent Halls are around 90% done, and we hope to finish the zone and release it in his honor over the coming weeks.

I will update this thread if I come across any more information regarding his death. I welcome anyone to post any stories, memories or screenshots they have with Solosolki in reply to this thread.

GOD DAMNIT

R> I< P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pour one out for my lil, dead homie. I'm 32 and he is/was about 26? maybe. that is a f*ing shame. he was hard up into those DRUGS. don't do drugs kids. just don't do 'em

Bless you Solo, we will all meet in the underworld.

Now Cyllenian Hermes called away the suitors' ghost,
holding firm in his hand the wand of fine pure gold
that enchanted the eyes of men whenever Hermes
wants or wake us up from sleep.
With a wave of this he stirred and lead them on
and the ghosts trailed after with high thin cries
as bats cry in the depths of a haunted cavern,
shrilling, flittering, wild when drops from the chain -
slipped from the rock face, while the rest cling tight ...
So with their high thin cries the ghosts flocked now
and Hermes the Healer led them on, and down the dank
moldering paths and past the Ocean's streams they went
and past the White Rock and the Sun's Western Gates and
the Land of Dreams, and they soon reached the Fields of Asphodel

The Odyssey, Homer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom