Adding Peridots to Augurs

lemonhead

Dalayan Adventurer
This is just an idea for solving the Peridot "problem." The magician augur can cast this for a small fee of maybe 5pp per cast at level 65. Or if you're feeling very generous, add it to all the augurs, or add a special Peridot augur near the banks.

Or how about the requirement just get taken off rune and raego... as it stands, every raid or xp session I log in a mage to summon a few stacks of dots, and then log the mage right out...

No engrossment...

Last edited:
Yes, I don't disagree with your argument. But, I don't disagree with what I think the counter-argument is either: Part of what makes EQ great is it's challenge, even if those challenges are banal (maybe most of the difficulty is that way.) And if you don't draw the line somewhere, it eventually becomes WoW (or live EQ). I always thought SOD was a nice balance between classic EQ and today's EQ.

I don't really have an opinion on this (but I would love wizard runes free from Dots). I just thought of this and wanted to throw it out there.

I totally agree that the game to 65, and even early 65, is all about 'teh struggle'. It's the same on live, and in the old school world, preparedness separated the men from the boys.
65+ in SoD is way different than anything before it, and at this level of play, it just doesn't really make sense to have regents. (Ports and destroys are particularly stupid because a mage can't even summon the regents...)

Think levitate vs levitation. At some point your character passes the point where regents are a useful and meaningful roadblock.

Just my thoughts why the suggested change is silly... Also, basically all regents can be purchased in athica b.

Edit - I guess what I'm saying is that I would see a fair middle ground as once a char hits 65 and has 350 aa, their spells should not use regents because at that point they have transcended the use of things so material.

Last edited:
Hmm, very interesting! How bout a tome that does that? I'm sure that's a coding hell though.
Transform all current "Ambuscade Expertise" books into "Tome/Opus of Utility Duplicity". Have it give a 10/20/30/40% chance to save reagents on spell casts, but also 5/10/15/20% chance to save ammo for ranged attacks. This would allow classes who don't use reagents ALL the time, such as wizards/druids etc. to not absolutely have to have a reagent con item, while still not being a huge impact to the need for reagents. Additionally this would aid rangers in arrow usage above their tome, and classes who use throwing as well.

Let us not forget that Ambuscade Expertise still does NOTHING and is already in the game...

It's too bad we can't have a regent con 100% tome (buyable at murk/refuge for tons of plat) that excludes the few that are necessary: Necro rez, Wizard destroy and maybe ports, Druid weather...the ones you can summon I suppose.

They should just take the summon peridot spell out of the game. Make people cast with real peridots since this is such a problem (logging in a mage to summon dots + damage shield)

I really think that the lack of players on this server is because of the people playing on it now. The people playing on this server now do nothing but complain about trivial things and want everything on a platinum plate.

LOGGING IN ONE CHARACTER FOR DOTS IS NOT A BIG DEAL.

Last edited:
LOGGING IN ONE CHARACTER FOR DOTS IS NOT A BIG DEAL.

Assuming you have a mage. Has there ever been another game where you go through the tedious exercise of logging on other characters to buff up and summon crap pretty much every day? I wonder why that design element has not caught on more?

Anything to mitigate or eliminate that terrible game element is a winner.

Assuming you have a mage. Has there ever been another game where you go through the tedious exercise of logging on other characters to buff up and summon crap pretty much every day? I wonder why that design element has not caught on more?

Anything to mitigate or eliminate that terrible game element is a winner.

that is the way to eliminate the terrible game element. either you BUY THEM or wait a minute and log in a mage.

Could always - Ask someone to summon them for you.
Pay a mage for some dots...

that is the way to eliminate the terrible game element. either you BUY THEM or wait a minute and log in a mage.

Could always - Ask someone to summon them for you.
Pay a mage for some dots...

Or the game evolves.

Regardless, as long as regents are required, we will all be summoning dots and carrying stacks of pearls and opals in the bag next to the potions and rez urn.

I am a strong advocate of removing the mage summoning spells and ALSO removing the vendors for these items which would mean that all reagents for spells have to come from world drops. I think this would make the spells (and gems) a lot more interesting and valuable instead of "required" Also I think that instead of casting the buff on the group the buff should consume the gem and replace it with a consumable droppable clicky buff item. I think all major buffs should require world drop reagents if you did this.

This would fix so many problems with buff and buff bots and also do really cool economy things and be really great for new players. Also players could carry their buffs around with them which would mean that a wipe or buff fading doesn't mean that fun time is over.

Last edited:
I am a strong advocate of removing the mage summoning spells and ALSO removing the vendors for these items which would mean that all reagents for spells have to come from world drops. I think this would make the spells (and gems) a lot more interesting and valuable instead of "required" Also I think that instead of casting the buff on the group the buff should consume the gem and replace it with a consumable droppable clicky buff item. I think all major buffs should require world drop reagents if you did this.

This would fix so many problems with buff and buff bots and also do really cool economy things and be really great for new players. Also players could carry their buffs around with them which would mean that a wipe or buff fading doesn't mean that fun time is over.
Pretty cool idea.

What? This would exacerbate so many problems with buffs and buff bots and create another annoying economy thing to tirelessly track. I think the vast majority of players want buffing to be less a part of the game, not more that also requires bags and bags of space. How about look at good games that people like to play for inspiration instead of taking a part of the game that sucks and building the game around it?

Permabuffs, auras, short term but overlapping buffs, or just no buffs are all options incalculably better than logging on the shit classes once a month to fill your precious bag space with buffs. Buffs which you say should be "valuable instead of required" but also up 100% of the time so those not-at-all-required buffs "fading doesn't mean that fun time is over". Seriously, how did you put those two ideas in the same post?

What? This would exacerbate so many problems with buffs and buff bots and create another annoying economy thing to tirelessly track. I think the vast majority of players want buffing to be less a part of the game, not more that also requires bags and bags of space. How about look at good games that people like to play for inspiration instead of taking a part of the game that sucks and building the game around it?

Permabuffs, auras, short term but overlapping buffs, or just no buffs are all options incalculably better than logging on the shit classes once a month to fill your precious bag space with buffs. Buffs which you say should be "valuable instead of required" but also up 100% of the time so those not-at-all-required buffs "fading doesn't mean that fun time is over". Seriously, how did you put those two ideas in the same post?

I don't think that logging a character into create a bunch of spells is worse in some way than logging a bunch of characters in one after another to buff characters??? no one is making you cast the buff twice at the same time, you could play exactly the same way you are now if you wanted to.

I don't think that giving people the option to carry buffs with them at the expense of bag space............ or chose not to.............or choose to let someone else in the group carry buffs is a downgrade from what we have now??? If that didn't suit your playstyle or your bag space then you could just continue doing exactly the same thing everyone does now and just cast all your buffs in town.

I do however think that giving buffs a real value that makes casting them a decision instead of a given moves them further from being a chore and more in the direction of fun. The current system kind of feels like playing the game with cheat codes on. (very literally the cheat code for WoN is Radaeres login)

It is ok if you disagree I just want you to know where I am coming from.

Introduce an epic quest type thing, reward is a clicky raid buff set. Since we're hearing things about ikky 2.0 make it go with like 2nd seeker Aug or drop from baldakos

Back
Top Bottom