Bard Runic1

Xorz

Dalayan Elder
Can we do something with bard Runic1? its a shame to do all that work for a song thats only really useful to get into Abyss. Having a 30 second charm with a long cooldown is no bueno. I was thinking maybe we could make it cost mana over time, and when oom, out of charm. kinda like on live.

and make runic2 worth doing.. can bards get some runics that are worthwhile?
runic 2 is a good dps option and a pretty decent AC debuff which makes all of your melee DPS in the raid stronger. Its the best dps song to sing with relic until you have a 4.3 sword which isnt a very accessable option to a lot of bards. Not to mention bard r2 is available quite a bit before 4.3 sword

runic 2 is a good dps option and a pretty decent AC debuff which makes all of your melee DPS in the raid stronger. Its the best dps song to sing with relic until you have a 4.3 sword which isnt a very accessable option to a lot of bards. Not to mention bard r2 is available quite a bit before 4.3 sword

now justify R1

now justify R1
Not every spell has to be awesome in every situation, this is even more true for runics. Consider bard r1 as a means of crowd controll - that pull was a tad too big? Charm one of them to help getting the situation under controll.

Not every spell has to be awesome in every situation

Future Man: What a grim world it is here in the year 2527, when the only thing the government gives us to eat is soylent cowpies.
Future Woman: Well, at least it's hot.

Back to getting serious about this game, I love your pithy little anti-aphorisms. 10 words and you have (as long as nobody thinks about it) shut down literally all criticism of any spell, ever. /slowclap. Perhaps if this type of backwards thinking wasn't so prevalent in the server mentality then server population wouldn't be such a small number. Few people, if any, want to embark on a long quest line in order to get a spell that is sometimes useful, except...

High mana cost - check
Resistable - check
Short duration - check
Long recast - check
Level 63 max instead of 64, so that dark blue is PROBABLY ok - check

That is a check or two or three too many.

I like how you quoted only half my post. I like how you utterly ignored the part where I explained the purpose of that spell. Want a spell to compare it to? Here you go. Exact same purpose, even longer recharge, equially shitty duration.
Considering that BRDs even have an AA that tells them a mobs level, I fail to see your problem here really. If it is about "R1 is hard to get and should be awesome all time everywhere", please ask around how often other classes deem their R1 usefull. (Spoiler: quite a few people will answer with a variation of "not very often")

and make runic2 worth doing.. can bards get some runics that are worthwhile?

Runic 2 is actually worth doing if you don't have a 4.3 sword. It's also very close to 4.3 sword outside of the stamina regen (which is why 4.3 sword is so busted)

I like how you quoted only half my post. I like how you utterly ignored the part where I explained the purpose of that spell. Want a spell to compare it to? Here you go. Exact same purpose, even longer recharge, equially shitty duration.
Considering that BRDs even have an AA that tells them a mobs level, I fail to see your problem here really. If it is about "R1 is hard to get and should be awesome all time everywhere", please ask around how often other classes deem their R1 usefull. (Spoiler: quite a few people will answer with a variation of "not very often")

Control has a -1000 resist adjust, I think you are underplaying the importance of opportunity cost in a hectic situations like you mentioned above. A resist in a situation like that can be the difference between surviving, and a wipe. Considering that the bard was has a resist adjust of 0 I really don't think this comparison holds much merit, and its already less useful since the range of mobs it can charm is lower.

To be honest the issue isn't that the bard runic1 is bad, but more that what can you possibly give bards these days that is useful without being overpowered. I'm still dreaming about a bigger jolt with a mana cost that doesn't interrupt detrimental songs.

Even if the runic1 were buffed in every way it would still be a quirky mostly useless song. Originally it had a small resist adjust and half? the recharge time and didn't really get used...until it did and then it got nerfed a ton.

edit: also runic2 has its place like others have said, if someone finds a real string mod its probably even worth playing over 4.3 sword.

Runic 1 is situationally useful but as Reehs said there's really not a whole lot you can do to bards since they're already strong on raids and with tomes get even hilariously stronger. The problem with R2 is string mods pretty much stop at t10 outside of like conglo shoulders (which have a worse mod than t10 items) and shoulders from a mob that got removed from the game due to an insane loot baby's mental issues.

Honestly that would probably be one of my only gripes about bards that aren't a client issue, 1000 wind mods later on and no strings. Also 4.3 sword is probably too good.

i just think that EQlive got bard - charm correct.. it costs mana over time, rather than a 1 time cast that might get resisted.. then your just shit out of luck - dealing with whatever you were trying to charm. i guess maybe if you look at it from a crowd control perspective like oh shit, glad i had my runic 1 in my spellset for a 20 second charm o_O but in all honesty nobody does that. The song is used to get into abyss. I cant really think of a situation where i would waste a spellslot for charm unless i was memming it - then refreshing to get it to gem in a timely fashion, just to get into abyss. i dont care about the resist adjust etc. im just suggesting making it a song that costs mana over time, and can be constant instead of blowing your load on 1 charm then waiting 2mins for it to gem again. Would this really make it OP?? Theres a lot of things that obviously didnt translate from live to here - and i understand that it was intended to be that way. I'm just requesting/suggesting that it get pushed just a little bit in a more useful direction.

and yes - i understand that my comment about R2 is probably a little unwarranted - i havent completed R2 yet so i cant really say too much until I have it

Vartax

There, I quoted the whole thing, even the parts I am not responding to. That is pretty fair since you quoted none of my post, nor did you appear to read it.

As Marza very accurately pointed out your comparison to Control is absolute and utter crap. Going back to the list of downsides I listed for Anthem of Command (the one you didn't read), Control is unresistable and has almost double the duration (which isn't really equal last I checked). That lvl 64 spell is better in every important way, especially in the one situation you listed Anthem of Command being useful for. Even Necros get an unresistable charm, albeit undead only.

I do not recall saying R1 should be "awesome all time everywhere", however, I do recall quoting SNL:
Future Man: What a grim world it is here in the year 2527, when the only thing the government gives us to eat is soylent cowpies.
Future Woman: Well, at least it's hot.

Which is EXACTLY the same broken, stupid, unappealing mentality you end your post with. How about instead of living in a crab bucket dragging each other down we fix things that are broken or useless? Furthermore, I'm going to call your bullshit because of the 12 classes that receive Runic1 three get awesome pets they use all the time, three get heals they use frequently to all the time, one gets a nuke they use all the time, and avatar of destruction much? Celestial Well is fairly useful, the necro pet is a thing, and the wizard nuke is a solid upgrade though I have no idea how used it is. I guess what I'm saying is- why are you on the staff for a game you do not seem to know much about and inject negativity into conversations about?

66509d1410565068-iphone-6-preorder-discussion-500px-anchorman-well-escalated-quickly.jpg

Vartax

There, I quoted the whole thing, even the parts I am not responding to. That is pretty fair since you quoted none of my post, nor did you appear to read it.

As Marza very accurately pointed out your comparison to Control is absolute and utter crap. Going back to the list of downsides I listed for Anthem of Command (the one you didn't read), Control is unresistable and has almost double the duration (which isn't really equal last I checked). That lvl 64 spell is better in every important way, especially in the one situation you listed Anthem of Command being useful for. Even Necros get an unresistable charm, albeit undead only.

I do not recall saying R1 should be "awesome all time everywhere", however, I do recall quoting SNL:

Which is EXACTLY the same broken, stupid, unappealing mentality you end your post with. How about instead of living in a crab bucket dragging each other down we fix things that are broken or useless? Furthermore, I'm going to call your bullshit because of the 12 classes that receive Runic1 three get awesome pets they use all the time, three get heals they use frequently to all the time, one gets a nuke they use all the time, and avatar of destruction much? Celestial Well is fairly useful, the necro pet is a thing, and the wizard nuke is a solid upgrade though I have no idea how used it is. I guess what I'm saying is- why are you on the staff for a game you do not seem to know much about and inject negativity into conversations about?
Fyi:
Wiz nuke is really good when it can be used. IE the longer raid fights only.

So bards have to play/quest for months/years to get a song that isnt as good as a level 64 enchanter spell? Does this seem backwards to anyone but me? Just make it a "pulsing" detrimental song and cost mana over time instead of a once and done. I really dont think this is too far fetched, and its not going to break the game. Song is broken - please fix it

Vartax

Back
Top Bottom