Can someone explain how SK R2 (and presumably veils in general) work,

Pecannius

Dalayan Elder
Wiki and spell parser say it's a group buff that transfers hate by X% (depending on the spell).
I've been told varying things that it's not as simple as actually targeting someone in a group (assuming /tgb on) but it's more complicated than this. Can anyone confirm?

My understanding is that you cast it on a person and it hits their whole group, and eats a buff slot from everyone one of them plus the SK. And then for the next 3 ticks or however long it lasts, part of their aggro gets sent towards the SK instead. But I'm just a druid who only boxes SKs for content that warriors don't work on so I'm probably wrong.

My understanding is that you cast it on a person and it hits their whole group, and eats a buff slot from everyone one of them plus the SK. And then for the next 3 ticks or however long it lasts, part of their aggro gets sent towards the SK instead. But I'm just a druid who only boxes SKs for content that warriors don't work on so I'm probably wrong.
That's how I thought it was but I've been told by others that if you're trying to target a group other than your own then you have to have a target (detrimental) for the initial cast and then while it's casting switch over to the group that you want it to hit.

It does not do it as hate it is transferred as though the SK is doing that damage. It is not 100% hate driven but fairly close. Also, heals act like the sk cast them for a % of healing similar how the dmg works.

I have always been able to target a person and cast veil, having it land on their group and myself. (Ensuring /tgb on)

If its not pure hate but rather damage / heals, this would explain how in certain instances sk R2 is on yet i don't have agro (due to people doing nothing thinking it is the best option to drop agro, when in fact the opposite is true if sk R2 is active)

- pazms / yursio

Every time you cast SK R2 the spell becomes sentient then immediately time travels back 5-10 years to write posts about how Paladins are the AoE tanks so SKs deserve X, Y, and Z. After that SK R2 gets a middle management job at Kinko's and moves in with its girlfriend, Trish. They are at a party one night and a friend offers them some bugger sugar which leads to a downward spiral of financial problems, fights, and eventually incarceration. SK R2 does the time, but rediscovers himself behind bars and works on its music. Really soulful stuff about hitting rock bottom and feeling like a total Paladin. Before his parole hearing SK R2 is offered a record deal, but the company thinks it'd be better for sales if he was still behind bars. The execs are insistent and SK R2 is faced with a difficult decision- his freedom or pursuit his dreams? SK R2 totally shanks a guy for pronouncing 'forte' like an Italian word when used to mean strength. The parole board agrees that SK R2 did the right thing, but he still has to stay in prison because his public defender forgot to photo copy form SKR-2. Janice finally comes to visit. Her name is Janice now. They talk for a while. It is awkward and neither really has anything to say to the other but the spark is still there- ya know? Despite all the crazy mess and her blowing that dealer behind a dumpster for a keybump you can't choose who you love. Wait, what were we talking about...

It does not do it as hate it is transferred as though the SK is doing that damage. It is not 100% hate driven but fairly close. Also, heals act like the sk cast them for a % of healing similar how the dmg works.

Is this so all those SK aggro modifiers get a chance to function?
Does having a detrimental target and/or being actively engaged matter? Could you (for hypothetical reasons) cast R2 before engaging anything and still receive the transfer once combat began for the remaining duration of the buff?

Is this so all those SK aggro modifiers get a chance to function?
I think so but it is very hard to test

Does having a detrimental target and/or being actively engaged matter?
No

Could you (for hypothetical reasons) cast R2 before engaging anything and still receive the transfer once combat began for the remaining duration of the buff?
Yes, but this is a little bit tricky as you have to get on the aggro somehow in order for agro to transfer to you. For example if you cast R2 and then your cleric facepulls a group of mobs, until you do something to aggro each mob then they will stay on your cleric. In my experience the best way to utilize it like that is to cast veil, tag with click while spells are on CD, and then try and damage or terror each mob. Or, even better is to pull mobs, while they are incoming cast R2, and then when they get in camp click eclipse, or FG ear.

Back
Top Bottom