SOD 2.5 Memory Error on Launch after Patching

Culvero

Dalayan Beginner
Hi I am receiving an error after upgrading to Shards of Dalaya 2.5. The error occurs after completing a full patch on the launch of the application. The error states: "EverQuest Windows - Application Error. The instruction at 0x0235B2F6 referenced memory at 0x00000044. The memory could not be read."

I am running Windows 10 on the latest version of Parallels. I've run SoD in the past for years on Parallels successfully, but a couple of hours of research hasn't come up with a winner. Note that I did try and download and install the D3DX download on the patcher, but no change in results.. Full patch too. Right click and run as Administrator. I did read that SoD screen resolution might be set lower t oclear, but not sure how to do that if I cannot run the application.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Culvero

Hello, Exact same problem here as Culvero.
I grabbed the latest update for the eq client, then tried to run SoD Patcher. Same results as Culvero is reporting.
I checked the eqclient.ini and it was set as follows:

[VideoMode]
RefreshRate=60
WindowedHeight=1080
Height=1080
WindowedWidth=1920

So, video mode is already properly set.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Is your client installed in Program Files x86? A lot of the errors people are posting about are basically a 32bit DLL trying to load a 64bit DLL and then vomiting up errors.

I did read that SoD screen resolution might be set lower to clear, but not sure how to do that if I cannot run the application.

Open your eqclient.ini file and change your videomode entry to:

[VideoMode]
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WindowedHeight=600
WindowedWidth=800
Height=600
BitsPerPixel=32
RefreshRate=60
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
Width=800

Hi Haenar, Thank you so much for the video setting directions. I copied the current eqclient.ini, pasted into a holding folder and then edited the active eqclient.ini to overwrite the [VideoMode] section with your content above. I then saved and relaunched. Unfortunately, same error.

Today I also did some troubleshooting from content in this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/referenced-memory-could-not-be-read.1443/

Mostly, I removed recommended files and then repatched all with SOD Patcher.....Same memory error...so no prize for that work.

For your question:
"Is your client installed in Program Files x86? A lot of the errors people are posting about are basically a 32bit DLL trying to load a 64bit DLL and then vomiting up errors."

Answer:
The Windows 10 EQ path is: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

I am not sure about the 32 bit. The Windows Operating System was a Windows 8.1 32 bit version that was successfully running SOD (before 2.5) and later upgraded to Win 10.

I will continue to search for an answer and if anyone has a suggestion.....assistance is always very greatly appreciated.

Culvero[/QUOTE]

If you upgraded to Windows 10 from an 32-bit version of 8 it should be 32-bit Windows 10. Some additional ideas:
  • try various compatibility modes yet? E.g., right click on eqgame > properties > compatibility set it to windows xp (sp3), and toggle the run as administrator box.
  • tried reinstalling? Try installing it outside of the program files directory (so in something like C://SoD25
  • checked registry for corrupt entries?
  • updated video drivers?

Thanks for chiming in on this - My installation isn't int he program files folders, I have it running on a secondary hard drive. Is there a way to force x64? I am on Win 10 x64 bit system.

Is your client installed in Program Files x86? A lot of the errors people are posting about are basically a 32bit DLL trying to load a 64bit DLL and then vomiting up errors.

Open your eqclient.ini file and change your videomode entry to:

[VideoMode]
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WindowedHeight=600
WindowedWidth=800
Height=600
BitsPerPixel=32
RefreshRate=60
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
Width=800

Back
Top Bottom