Class Rankings

The table in question:
897794a761e9528ef15eec0a8c90da11.jpg

the rogue problem = being melee and relying solely on being behind a mob to dps. i've seen draeos do 2,100 dps on bosses that stand still.

I think with rogues all the pieces are there for the class to thrive, but the game/world itself needs to accommodate them.
More locked doors and meaningful traps for a start. To keep rogues from becoming mandatory maybe Bard skill caps could raise and Mages (in need of love) could get a few ranks of "Summon Key of Opening" that have a few charges of unlock.
Poison making being an ammo slot thing and some of the more basic poisons being useable by other pure melees (also arguably in need of love) to boost overall utility for all three.

Makes targeted AOEs smart like the paladin AOE stun to help out mages/druids and throw in some kind of Druid HOT overheal mechanic* and the three fairly widely agreed on low tier classes would be midtier classes... which I guess would become the new lowtier. Progress!
Please no more locked doors and traps. I also don't like the idea of poisons for other classes; it will reduce how much power can be given to them. Buffs to existing traps, poisons or making new things like grenades for middle range disconnect times would be neat.

Please no more locked doors and traps. I also don't like the idea of poisons for other classes; it will reduce how much power can be given to them. Buffs to existing traps, poisons or making new things like grenades for middle range disconnect times would be neat.
if throwing was a thing it'd help out on the big rogue draw back, moving monsters and things you cant be in melee range for

So, how accurate is the original post about Beastlords nowaday? I'm new to the server, and there's is a bunch that intrigues me. Selectable Warders is one.

So, how accurate is the original post about Beastlords nowaday? I'm new to the server, and there's is a bunch that intrigues me. Selectable Warders is one.
the class is fine but most people that play one make it look bad because the player is bad

Excellent. I think I might start one today then... Now the question is: Vah Shir, Barbarian, or Ogre >.> (Not looking for an answer about best, this is more about me deciding on character identity.)

Best racials = Barbarian. This one makes the most sense. If you want to be a tankier version but w/ not as good racials, go Ogre. Stay away from Vah. It's awful for BST.

I'm a tad disappointed that "Bear" was removed from the Ogre's potentials...All the others still have their originals. (If they were avoiding duplicate, would have swapped Elephant for Bear, and given Mammoths to barbarians instead) Have to add Iksar to my consideration too now. I just found out that Elhasaur means "Drogmor" the LoY mount, and what I would want the Froglok Warder to be if they ever released a BL class for them. Had to go back and look at ogre after your comment. Looks like they no longer have full-frontal stun resist, just a lessened version of the barbarian's reduced stun? Odd, I guess they felt Ogres were too easy to default to?

Funny, Barbarian was working its way off my list, too, because I don't remember them ever updating the polar bear model.

Last edited:
Had to go back and look at ogre after your comment. Looks like they no longer have full-frontal stun resist, just a lessened version of the barbarian's reduced stun? Odd, I guess they felt Ogres were too easy to default to?

As far as I know, frontal melee stun doesn't exist for any race in SoD. It's a non-issue that won't get in the way of your race selection.

You've probably come across it already, but in case you haven't, there's a handy chart on the wiki for quick comparison of all racial bonuses. (Sounds like you're considering every possibility except for my favorite -- Troll! :()

As far as I know, frontal melee stun doesn't exist for any race in SoD. It's a non-issue that won't get in the way of your race selection.

You've probably come across it already, but in case you haven't, there's a handy chart on the wiki for quick comparison of all racial bonuses. (Sounds like you're considering every possibility except for my favorite -- Troll! :()
Alligators, basilisks, and leeches are probably my least favorite pet options.
And never been a fan of trolls. They did horrific things to the frogloks. And unlike the ogres, who are mostly just dumb/hungry/prone to rage, trolls have a bit of a cruel streak as far as EQ lore goes.

But they do make excellent characters! Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom