having trouble patching

Zethax

Dalayan Beginner
I keep getting the following error when trying to patch my EQ client (from the Daybreak games website):

"Unable to launch game process, failed to copy eqhost.txt. See error log for details."

Here's the error log.....

Initializing SoD Patcher v2.5 Version 1.0.1 at 1/20/2016 4:08:13 PM
Retrieving patcher checksum
Checking file C:\Users\****\Desktop\Everquest F2P\eqhost.txt
Checking file C:\Users\****\Shards of Dalaya\sodfiles.txt
Deleting file C:\Users\****\Shards of Dalaya\sodfiles.txt
ERROR: Deleting file C:\Users\****\Shards of Dalaya\sodfiles.txt: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\****\Shards of Dalaya\sodfiles.txt' because it is being used by another process.
Checking file C:\Users\****\Shards of Dalaya\sodpatcher.log
Checking file C:\Users\****\Shards of Dalaya\sodpatcher.exe.old
ERROR: Could not copy to eqhost.txt: Could not find file 'C:\Users\****\Desktop\Everquest F2P\eqhost-sodlogin.txt'. (using SoD login)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Er... all of those eqhost files should be in the same directory -- e.g., my install has eqhost.txt, eqhost-sodlogin.txt, and eqhost-eqemulogin.txt all in the C:\Shards of Dalaya\EQ Client directory.

It's a fresh install. I basically downloaded the client from Daybreak game's website, let the Launchpad fully update the game, and then ran the sod patcher in the game's main directory, and got the error.

UPDATE: I finally managed to get the Sod patcher to patch the client by unchecking the "Patch and Run" button. But I get the same error, when I try to launch the game. It looks like I'm missing all of the host files. The only one I have is eqhost.txt

Does anyone have a copy of the sod host files?

i have no experience installing the base game from Daybreak. maybe someone else can pop in and comment on that.

however, i have a set of instructions on installing the game from Sony's aspect.
if you are up to trying another fresh install.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5bvnGfHeksOUVM2NWNDaDdwbnM

it was made prior to 2.5 (a year or two back) so adlib and use the 2.5 patcher of course, etc.

I installed the eq/daybreak FTP download a few weeks back and downloaded the new 2.5 SoD patcher and it worked perfectly as the instructions said.

Something the OP did messed something up and he/you need to just do a full delete/clean install and do as what is said.

Back
Top Bottom