Broken encounters in 2.5

Pecannius

Dalayan Elder
Could we get a list of mobs that are deemed broken and shouldn't be engaged?

Encounters I've heard that are too buggy to engage:
Saitha

Encounters that are wayyyyy more bugged (last I checked than Saitha that I assume we shouldn't engage):
an Overgrown Szrithi (Abyss)
The Murkwater (Abyss)

I assume those Abyss mobs are off limits as well? Are there any other encounters I'm missing?

Good idea. An updated list of broken mobs would be neat. It will save time for those who are actually putting up with the bugs to raid content and then find out the mobs are broken. It will also save time for the staff who have to hunt down the items that were looted.

Hatesfury B is broken at the moment. You get perma stuck in stow away, and you can not start the post-dialogue part of the instance.

A list of mobs I'm interested in knowing if possible...

Blazewind, Kara'kadar, 4.3 (i want this BP more than jenroks), Jenrok (i want his BP god damnit), Curator, FG, Rohk (might have done him since 2.5, i forget... it's been a while 2 months), Taeshlin.

Has anyone attempted Yale or Eniva since 2.5?

Also Dread. He drops a really awesome weapon that that low tiered guild could make significant use of, so I really hope he's not broken.

A list of mobs I'm interested in knowing if possible...

Blazewind, Kara'kadar, 4.3 (i want this BP more than jenroks), Jenrok (i want his BP god damnit), Curator, FG, Rohk (might have done him since 2.5, i forget... it's been a while 2 months), Taeshlin.

Has anyone attempted Yale or Eniva since 2.5?

Also Dread. He drops a really awesome weapon that that low tiered guild could make significant use of, so I really hope he's not broken.
yale was broken/not killable before 2.5 (one of the mob models is wayyyyyyyyyyy too big, among other shit), no clue on eniva. You are better off farming a phoenix robe instead of jenrok bp, it will be way more healing and actually be useful in a group/raid.

4.3 works.
Curator works.
FG technically works, but the knockback shenanigans make getting to the boss all but impossible.
Rohk works. (Mez not making you freeze in spot and instead keeping you running without controll of your path is a thing)

Enivia looks to be the same in 2.5 and 2.0, very tedious gear check and some wicked/unique strats to beat it, but the encounter isn't broken.

very tedious gear check

AKA the group is full t13 and you still get fucked... tried this mob for a bit back in 2015. We were getting close to the end and Marza shows up makes the AoEs do a lot more dmg, never got it below 75ish% again. There's got to be something we were missing, the world may never know =((

yale was broken/not killable before 2.5 (one of the mob models is wayyyyyyyyyyy too big, among other shit), no clue on eniva. You are better off farming a phoenix robe instead of jenrok bp, it will be way more healing and actually be useful in a group/raid.
I am going to set the record straight since apparently the handful of people I already talked to about Yale are either awful at communicating or absolutely worthless. Yale was significantly overtuned when people first attempted him I will give you that but he was never "broken", impossible sure but not broken. Since than I have cut his hp down to about 25% of where it was (yes I was completely off). The hand you are referring to which had HUGE models was just an unfortunate side effect that I had to do the testing of the mob in a different zone that didn't have those same issues, so when it spawned in OG the model was all messed up. It has since then been fixed, in fact that is something I fixed while people were still attempting it, and it was only a problem for one pull. Honestly I even addressed the massive HP issue before the last pull you all made on Yale. The fight didn't have any mechanic bugs when it was being attempted, it was just overtuned. I think it is more than killable honestly, it is just no one has bothered to put some time in to learning it. The fight is hard mechanic wise I will say that much, but the loot is pretty solid. I know some asshole actually leaked some of the loot from the fight but that was before the focus effects/spells ever got implemented on them.

AKA the group is full t13 and you still get fucked... tried this mob for a bit back in 2015. We were getting close to the end and Marza shows up makes the AoEs do a lot more dmg, never got it below 75ish% again. There's got to be something we were missing, the world may never know =((
Marza didn't "show up" I was there the whole time. Obviously I have an interest in to making sure that my encounters are working as expected. When I made the port of the encounter from QST to LUA I forgot to put the resist checks on the nukes. The damage on the nukes was absolutely pitiful because of that, and that was with you all messing up the fight left and right. I know there is like a standard of bringing one healer to 6man fights nowadays, but honestly for a fight that doesn't have a dps check and is a pure mechanic thing its better to bring 2 until you get the fight down.

Sorry if this post comes off as a little snarky but I just hate how quickly people are to dismiss content by saying its not killable even though that is not even true. I know there are some growing pains for getting encounters just right, and I hate that as much as all of the players believe me, but I almost always try to address these things as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
Saitha is fixed and killable again. One part of the fight is likely to generate quite some lag., making the thing harder overall. That is a known thing and will eventually be adressed, just not top priority, so no need to /bug this.

Saitha is fixed and killable again. One part of the fight is likely to generate quite some lag., making the thing harder overall. That is a known thing and will eventually be adressed, just not top priority, so no need to /bug this.
Thanks for the update. The original meaning of the post was to get some feedback from staff about fights that shouldn't be engaged (which I'm still not sure about some Abyss fights and I've recently been told Sharvahl shouldn't be attempted). Would be nice to keep this updated on the forums, just like this update, thanks!

loot is pretty solid. I know some asshole actually leaked some of the loot

If people know the loot is shit already then why would anyone want to go attempt your HORRENDOUSLY broken content! what are you even being paid for ??

I think it is kinda cool Marza threw a loop into the six man world. Dps checks are ok bit it is the mechanic fights people enjoy most after figuring it out and not dying repeatedly. One (raid related) I still remember well after veing gone for five years is in PoDiesase. The mechanics make it fun!

Side note: Good to hear Saitha learned how to fight again. :p

Back
Top Bottom