Broken encounters in 2.5

She didn't. She just learned how to lag out your raid and kill it off. That's essentially cheating :p

Another broken encounter in 2.5: The whole zone of Yclist. Throughout the 30 minutes we stayed there, 1/4 of the raid force was completely lagged out / spell gems wouldn't refresh even after relogging etc.

This thread/game is a JOKE! I vote emergency rollback to last client so high end can raid again... There's a LOT to love with 2.5 but this is a headache, not a game. 2.5 should've been held back another 6months-1yr.. This was a bad move and lost me as a long-time donater. I'm not saying anyone is bad at what they're doing, I appreciate everyones hard work on SoD- but this was rushed

This thread/game is a JOKE! I vote emergency rollback to last client so high end can raid again... There's a LOT to love with 2.5 but this is a headache, not a game. 2.5 should've been held back another 6months-1yr.. This was a bad move and lost me as a long-time donater. I'm not saying anyone is bad at what they're doing, I appreciate everyones hard work on SoD- but this was rushed

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DONATE UNTIL THIS!

How much high tier raid content is bugged? Haven't heard of much beyond a few here and there. Hell most of what I have heard is people exploiting a bug, and then not reporting it.

I hope the guy was trolling, but internet males sarcasm hard to see.

Everyone on the internet is male and our sarcasm is ever present. Shouldn't be hard to see at all. Why do you think the fog in every zone was so thick for a while? Slaar had to fix the HVAC, it was becoming smothering.

Another broken encounter in 2.5: The whole zone of Yclist. Throughout the 30 minutes we stayed there, 1/4 of the raid force was completely lagged out / spell gems wouldn't refresh even after relogging etc.

I dont think its a mob/encounter or zone thing,same happened to my Druid yesterday in Emberflow.

I dont think its a mob/encounter or zone thing,same happened to my Druid yesterday in Emberflow.
I'm reasonably sure this is a packet flooding issue, as in if too much is going on around you (too many NPCs too close), you get too many packages sent from the server and experience lag. Atleast this is consistent with my observations:
  • Saitha fight is when you aggro, gets a bit laggy when shadows spawn and lags like HELL once wands spawn. Lag goes away as adds die.
  • Emberflow lagged for me at one point only: 1st platform, aka the spot with the highest mob density. It got better once I got far enough from Mistborn wing.
  • Yclist is lagfest galore - ten billion fish, anyone?
What makes this theory even more plausible for me: I upgraded my internet since 2.5 came out (from 7Mbit/s to 45Mbit/s) - lag by mobs dropped considerably ever since.

adding basic exping to a list of broken encounters, tomes forget the exp you putinto them,

Example pre last(1-2 weeks ago) night my tome exp was at 6% after last night it was at 36%
cant even exp QQ

I'm reasonably sure this is a packet flooding issue, as in if too much is going on around you (too many NPCs too close), you get too many packages sent from the server and experience lag. Atleast this is consistent with my observations:
  • Saitha fight is when you aggro, gets a bit laggy when shadows spawn and lags like HELL once wands spawn. Lag goes away as adds die.
  • Emberflow lagged for me at one point only: 1st platform, aka the spot with the highest mob density. It got better once I got far enough from Mistborn wing.
What makes this theory even more plausible for me: I upgraded my internet since 2.5 came out (from 7Mbit/s to 45Mbit/s) - lag by mobs dropped considerably ever since.

Never had this kind of "lag" before 2.5,still "suffering" from it 36 hours later,stting in Athica memming buffs works odd,sometimes all seems to be normal then a buff wont load at all and
30 seconds to a minute later it suddenly loads howevwer.
Had the same effect with the alt currency tab,clicked it,was empty,suddenly a minute later the token counters show,all while I was chatting with a friend without noticable lag.

As stated before, just because he has a blue name on the forum doesn't mean he knows what the hell is going on at all and to ignore it completely. Everything is messed up and we are in triple alpha now and will take years for mobs/quests/zones to be as they were 4 years ago.

if you use levitate this won't happen.

Levitate doesn't work in BQ unless that got changed.

jKJLOFb.jpg

saithia lag can be fixed by disabling logging

Some more fights that are mildly to severely broken, bug reports have all been filed: (Note that I'm not listing these necessarily as a complaint to the staff, but rather to raise awareness to the staff on what's broken and also so people don't spend hours clearing trash only to come to the same conclusion that I have and realize you wasted your time because the encounter is broken)
Putting in spoiler tags just because:
-Claw Commander: Severely broken. Regains / regens way too much life in phase 2. Impossible to get under 20% or so.
-Researcher Thekrak: Severely broken. Back to the "old" Thekrak that likes to 15k nuke people.
-A Reanimated Priest: Moderately broken. Back to the "old" priest" who likes to AE the bejeesus out of everyone.
-Sorrow: Moderately broken. Goes into his nuking frenzy after post 3rd wave DURING the 3rd wave instead, making it nearly impossible to kite a buttload of adds while someone is taking a bunch of dmg. This is not how it worked in 2.0.
-An Overgrown Szithri (Abyss): Mildly broken. Does a fair bit more melee damage than before, although I don't have logs to prove it.
-The Murkwater: Mildly broken. When he does his GFlux phase, people randomly get wedged into the wall, I believe /rewind fixes it.

I thought about needing to make that disclaimer butt no, no group heals at all. And I checked parses compared to 2.0 wins and we had even more dps. Wonder if it was changed recently or some other strange crap is happening.

Back
Top Bottom