Permanent Pet Invetories

Bonk84

Dalayan Elder
This is more along the lines of finding no drop raid gear only for pets that you could give to an NPC to flag your account, so that any time you summon a new pet, it will spawn with that equipment. Pets could still accept temporary items given to them, like ember weapons and such, but if they die they revert back to their original inventory.

That would be like having permanent buffs. Not really sure anyone would go for that. Your pet is what it is, any gear or weapons you give them are basically "buffs." When your pet dies, it loses these.

Lol, animation blades would pretty obviously never become a permanent pet item, w/o being nerfed hard.

I don't really pet class much, so I don't really know... do pets need a boost in terms of survivability/dps?

Maybe instead of an npc flagging process there could be a line of archtype tomes that give a chance for pets to retain armor. Or a line of focus effects that make pets come summoned w/ a set of armor.

I'm not talking about making items like animation staff permanent, more along the lines of weapons with bane damage or small procs that could range from 10-100dd depending on tier 1-13, or haste items that could never disappear, armor with +10-100 more hps or extra resists again depending on tier. Nothing overly extreme or on par with character gear, but enough to see small differences in their survivability or dps.

Just would be nice to upgrade pets somehow, as except for BL pets, a tier 1 character's pet isn't much different than a tier 13's in terms of dps or hps.

I'm not talking about making items like animation staff permanent, more along the lines of weapons with bane damage or small procs that could range from 10-100dd depending on tier 1-13, or haste items that could never disappear, armor with +10-100 more hps or extra resists again depending on tier. Nothing overly extreme or on par with character gear, but enough to see small differences in their survivability or dps.

Just would be nice to upgrade pets somehow, as except for BL pets, a tier 1 character's pet isn't much different than a tier 13's in terms of dps or hps.
there are no dev's sir

Quite the contrary.. i think a t1 pet vs a t13 runic pet with max comp health and comp str and aa's and whatnot - theres probably an insane difference

Provided we are talking about a real pet class and not a shaman or sk or something

I'm not talking about the runic pet that you can only realistically acquire at endgame, I'm talking about the relic pets or other regular pets you could acquire at tier 1 that last until late into the tiers. You can have comp str/health 5 from BoE's at the start of tier 1, which means you are only going to increase your pet 5-10% until you reach tier 10, and then another 5-10% from tier 10-13. I would just like to see some other progression for pets beyond two focus items and a very small amount of tomes.

Quite the contrary.. i think a t1 pet vs a t13 runic pet with max comp health and comp str and aa's and whatnot - theres probably an insane difference

Actually, the relic pet mitigates dmg better than some of the runic pet. FOr mages at least.

Back
Top Bottom