Bring Back Nadox

Personally, I'd love to see Nadox back as well. But last thing I heared about that matter was that the stat reduction in Nadox had issues of its own (read: simply did not work for reasons I didn't really bother to understand) in 2.5, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would love to see Nadox again. I only ever got to take my paladin and Druid into it once.

Nwaij do you have any info on whats currently being fixed or worked on? If anything?

The motd updated pretty recently with ethereal dojo possibly being back up (so something seems to be going on anyway).... Hopefully soon someone's able to get around to things like monks being a raid liability or bard songs not working.

The motd updated pretty recently with ethereal dojo possibly being back up (so something seems to be going on anyway).... Hopefully soon someone's able to get around to things like monks being a raid liability or bard songs not working.

i'm doing everything i can guys. give me a break!

Nadox never made much sense...

Can understand how changing the visible stats on items might be non-obvious with the new codebase (there used to be an obvious function where stats were explicitly taken from the item struct and slotted into the packet struct for sending to the client; in eqemu's code the item struct is set up such that this is a one-line thing buried in a header file instead, at least before the packet struct is implicitly sent off to the obscurely-coded per-expansion packet encoding functions).

The way the nadox stuff was originally hard-coded was ugly anyway. Would make more sense to expand the scripting system to add a hook where a client's stats and inventory can be mucked with on a per-zone basis before spawn and inventory packets are officially sent to the client to plop you into the zone. Wouldn't be worth it just for an old gimmick zone though!

Can understand how changing the visible stats on items might be non-obvious with the new codebase (there used to be an obvious function where stats were explicitly taken from the item struct and slotted into the packet struct for sending to the client; in eqemu's code the item struct is set up such that this is a one-line thing buried in a header file instead, at least before the packet struct is implicitly sent off to the obscurely-coded per-expansion packet encoding functions).

The way the nadox stuff was originally hard-coded was ugly anyway. Would make more sense to expand the scripting system to add a hook where a client's stats and inventory can be mucked with on a per-zone basis before spawn and inventory packets are officially sent to the client to plop you into the zone. Wouldn't be worth it just for an old gimmick zone though!
i bet if you did this and published it to eqemu other servers would also take advantage of it tho, so could be worth it

It was more than a gimmick to me. :(

Back
Top Bottom