I'm coming back

Titanas

Dalayan Elder
Its been a few years since I've played SoD. I think its time to make a return. I'll be starting some level 1 toons with a few friends. Hope to see you all in game.

I see a lot has changed with 2.5. Can any one give me a quick crash course on what is new, Good/Bad. What should I expect different leveling up from 1-65? Or point me in a direction that this has been said. I saw some posts about raids being busted. How bad is this and what are the workarounds?
Thanks!

I see a lot has changed with 2.5. Can any one give me a quick crash course on what is new, Good/Bad. What should I expect different leveling up from 1-65? Or point me in a direction that this has been said. I saw some posts about raids being busted. How bad is this and what are the workarounds?
Thanks!

the big difference now is that you wont have fun leveling 1 - 65

you wont have fun
bunch of bard songs dont work, cunning doesnt work, monk aggro is goofy as fuck, raids/groups are awful, spellcasting feels weird in general. at least you have +25% exp bonus and increased vendor prices? oh, new bank spaces and hotbars too, should be more than enough to outweigh the negatives

I also noticed my codex of power bonus on fomelo is only 2.? % I had all of the tomes completed in the past. Same with my druid showing 0% codex of power. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

codex of power tomes were removed (the bonus is now automatic as you exp your first umpteen tomes), you can talk to the guy who used to sell them to transfer the exp into new tomes and refund plat (which iirc you need to have the old books to do).

All of your AAs will be unassigned, unless this was fixed (I don't play anymore). You will have to reassign them all.

Yeah I put my AA's in then was checking my self out on fomelo. So I need to buy new tomes to convert the EXP to them? Oh man that is a pain. Any one want to sell me some Paladin/Druid Tomes for cheap?

Yeah I put my AA's in then was checking my self out on fomelo. So I need to buy new tomes to convert the EXP to them? Oh man that is a pain. Any one want to sell me some Paladin/Druid Tomes for cheap?
Although its a pain, you are essentially getting, what, 550 AAs for free?

I didn't play much Ikisith. So my tome collection is nil. I need to buy tomes to gain the 20% codex bonus back. Yeah I know I get the tome bonus too so thats good.

Most rank1 generic tomes can be bought off players for as little as 2k (if you are lucky). So getting enough for the 20% bonus shouldn't be that bad.

Is my ugly math right?

Tomes 550 aa’s
Bodily avoidance 2 60aas
Tome of Bodily resilience 1,2 120 aas total
Tome of Vitality 1,2 120
Tome of Striking 1,2 100
Tome of the Swift 1,2 70
Tome of resists Fire frost1,2 40
Tome of resists Poison Diseas1,2 40
Tome of resists Magic 1,2 40

That's 590 AA in tomes. Get rid of the poison and disease resist ones to maximize your power boost with that tome set if that's the set you want to put them in

We are leveling up new toons. Myself, 1 other SOD vet, 2 EQ vets, and 1 guy new to EQ. 5 of us total. We are going to take it easy leveling and stop for adepts. In our group we have 1 ranger, 1 cleric, 1 enchanter, Warrior/cleric combo, 1 mage.
We plan to level to 65 and start raiding T1 content with all fresh toons. The solo cleric is going to pickup his monk or necro to box at 65 and the solo mage is going to pickup a cleric to box. At max level to start raiding we will be looking for DPS classes to join us. I know server population is low but if any one has any 50+ toons that want to join us as we level that would be awesome. I have no intention of rushing 65 content. we will take it slow and progress without ringers. MSG me if you are interested in joining us.

We are leveling up new toons. Myself, 1 other SOD vet, 2 EQ vets, and 1 guy new to EQ. 5 of us total. We are going to take it easy leveling and stop for adepts. In our group we have 1 ranger, 1 cleric, 1 enchanter, Warrior/cleric combo, 1 mage.
We plan to level to 65 and start raiding T1 content with all fresh toons. The solo cleric is going to pickup his monk or necro to box at 65 and the solo mage is going to pickup a cleric to box. At max level to start raiding we will be looking for DPS classes to join us. I know server population is low but if any one has any 50+ toons that want to join us as we level that would be awesome. I have no intention of rushing 65 content. we will take it slow and progress without ringers. MSG me if you are interested in joining us.

VINTAGE 2.0

http://vintagesod.com/

Back
Top Bottom