Raid Bugs

Raids are definitely a bit quirky, but people are making it out to be the end of the world. If you mess with your raid setup, having people come and go or moving people around in groups, you'll likely have to reform the raid once or twice in a night. That said, I have been raiding regularly with my guild and Pecannius has been running rather successful pugs on a weekly basis. The people who quit were just whiny babies (I wanted to use another "b" word here) who were looking for a reason to quit and slam the door so everyone would know they were throwing a tantrum.

I have been playing this game for over 10 years. When I first started playing, there were many issues. Remember being in a zone for more than an hour and experiencing packet loss? Remember when around 2 AM every night the server would have a major hiccup (literally everyone stopped exp until the hiccup was over, it would even lag /ooc out badly and sometimes the server would just plain crash)?

This server is run by volunteers who have real lives. I happen to know that a couple of them have had real life blow up a bit on them. Plus, it's summer so people (including the staff) are spending more time outdoors and with family. Patience is a virtue, folks. It will get better.

The few raids i led when i was trying to make a guild were incredibly irritating, within 1.5 hours of raiding we had to reform like 5x and the zone lagged out twice. The kicker that made me think it wasn't worth the time is when we engaged the boss the clerics couldn't group heal because the raid apparently bugged out and we wiped and kaltan trash respawned. This may have been the unluckiest raid since 2.5 was released, who knows? All i do know is farming the same content I've done for 5 years now while dealing with the raid bugs just isn't worth the effort if I have to lead.

Most of the remaining people are not people who have experienced the content they are now able to experience and are more than willing to deal with the problems. But when those remaining 50 people who finally get a chance to see the end game get burned out then you have nobody remaining to play. So enjoy it to your hearts content.

I've been on the server for nearly 10 years as well, and during those years I've never experienced the lack of dev communication as severe since 2.5 was released. If some of the staff have had a rough time personally that is a bummer. A simple post/update on that sort of thing would go a long way for letting the community know that people didn't just abandon the player base. It doesn't have to be spectacular or personal news or go into detail, however no update at all since March makes people indifferent to the servers future.

edit:zone lagged out making people relog not crashed so fixed that

Last edited:
Raids are definitely a bit quirky, but people are making it out to be the end of the world. If you mess with your raid setup, having people come and go or moving people around in groups, you'll likely have to reform the raid once or twice in a night. That said, I have been raiding regularly with my guild and Pecannius has been running rather successful pugs on a weekly basis. The people who quit were just whiny babies (I wanted to use another "b" word here) who were looking for a reason to quit and slam the door so everyone would know they were throwing a tantrum.

I have been playing this game for over 10 years. When I first started playing, there were many issues. Remember being in a zone for more than an hour and experiencing packet loss? Remember when around 2 AM every night the server would have a major hiccup (literally everyone stopped exp until the hiccup was over, it would even lag /ooc out badly and sometimes the server would just plain crash)?

This server is run by volunteers who have real lives. I happen to know that a couple of them have had real life blow up a bit on them. Plus, it's summer so people (including the staff) are spending more time outdoors and with family. Patience is a virtue, folks. It will get better.

Yeah,whiny when everything takes 3 times as long as before 2.5.do you really expect me to
say hooray ?

Last edited:
Would you all like some cheese? I hear it goes well with wine. If you don't play any more, why do you keep coming back to these forums? Nothing better to do? As the saying goes, $h!+ or get off the pot!

Back
Top Bottom