Tag BST on some Items?

Any other reason then "It would be cool/convenient"? Because that one usually isn't good enough by a fair margain.

don't really seen any of those getting beast added to them

this one would be great for bsts since they need a cold focus after sorrow belt and before monstro face. i honestly wonder if bstlord would even be on bloods burning grasp without the 10 fire dmg on it.

i guess you could argue this one pretty deep but sapping wristguard is better dps anyways. (gg t12 abyss loot)

bsts already get two rewards from doing the quest that yields raiment of faith don't see them getting an additional one.

you should ask for A Glowing Black Pearl to get bst on it since to this day they have no option for a reagent con 8 item, or a reagent con item in general that they can wear high tier

Zero options for reagent con at higher tiers. Can confirm. Either the 4.3 ear or change loop of the tireless to reagent con 7/8 instead of comp strength 5 (lolwut).

Source: the tears I shed having to constantly log in a mage so I can savage even though I carry numerous normal stacks of peridots.

Curator's Touch on Hands, Mask of Multiplicity on Face vs The Matron's Grasp on Hands, Maw of Madness on Face.
You sacrifice some HP/AC/Cold DD for your pet to gain some Health. Our bond is strong! When he dies, it brings me to tears, it stuns me.

Bracelet of Withering Curses - BST is a pet class and should be able to max or have highish Conjuration somehow without taking too bad a AC/HP loss for it. Necro/Mage 1 Class Tome for pet. BST 2 Class tome for pet, maybe a 3rd.

Raiment of Faith - BST is kind of like a utility mini healer. Should be able to obtain 10-15 Alteration without too bad a AC/HP loss.
BST should be removed from the ring on the quest. I can heal myself. I would not spend 8 seconds to cast a 300 HP when I can heal myself faster and probably med and heal myself faster. The H2H mod is useless for BST. There is almost no high tier BST that goes barefist. There has not been a glove made in game that has made them even tempted. And the ring has Magic DD: 40, I think someone is still under the impression that Bitter Cold is Magic DMG because it hasn't been moved from Damage over Time > Magic yet.

Not to hijack, but another cold focus somewhere might be nice anyway. As a monk, as far as I've noticed, it's Sorrow belt or Monstro face, and there are better/more logical options (in the belt case many) in both slots, so we either wear the good thing and have no cold focus or stick with old stuff. If I have time later, maybe I'll try to come up with an actual decent suggestion to fix the lack of monk (and bst?) cold focus options.

Not to hijack, but another cold focus somewhere might be nice anyway. As a monk, as far as I've noticed, it's Sorrow belt or Monstro face, and there are better/more logical options (in the belt case many) in both slots, so we either wear the good thing and have no cold focus or stick with old stuff. If I have time later, maybe I'll try to come up with an actual decent suggestion to fix the lack of monk (and bst?) cold focus options.
While you are at it, come up with a decent suggestion on how to fix the lack of Control Enahncement options for all classes.
/sarcasm off: the high end of this game is and has always been about juggeling focus effects. Granted, some of them are harder to find, and for some classes it is harder then for others (ever talked to a NEC about focus effects?). But the argument of "This focus effect is kindaa hard to get" has never worked in the past, and I doubt it will work now.
STAFF CAVEAT -- THIS IS NOT MY DEPARTMENT AND ITS BALANCE, CODING, IMPLEMENTATION, RESTRICTIONS, OR DENIAL ALL PROBABLY WOULD INVOLVE ME INDIRECTLY ONLY, IF AT ALL.

Been playing this and lurking on these boards for most of nine years now, lol, well aware. It's basically why I gave the disclaimer that I would try to put it into some kind of thought out form when I have the time. Mostly on topic though, and I don't mean this sarcastically really, do you not think it's worth bothering to even look into the whole part that you mentioned yourself, that "some of them are harder to find, and for some classes it is harder than for others"? I usually tend to agree with your assessments of these kinds of requests (mostly because 99% of them are not thought out at all and/or have no real reason other than I want this), but at the same time, it seems like you're loaded and ready to shoot down anything like this. Do you just not think things like this are worth tweaking? Things are fine as is? (again, asking seriously, because I'm trying to decide if I'm wasting my time putting the thought into coming up with a legit version of the above) (and I understand the last part about staff, but I'm also asking because you're one of the few people left that has been around longer or even as long as I have.)

Okay, let me start with the mandatory disclaimer:

STAFF CAVEAT -- THIS IS NOT MY DEPARTMENT AND ITS BALANCE, CODING, IMPLEMENTATION, RESTRICTIONS, OR DENIAL ALL PROBABLY WOULD INVOLVE ME INDIRECTLY ONLY, IF AT ALL.

Now that this is out of the way:

Personally, I'm fine with not every focus effect being easily obtained for every class. Mind you, I'm not saying the bad cases couldn't (or shouldn't) be reviewd - for example, I never understood why BSTs have no reagent conservation options throug the tiers, or why we have 2 different pet foci, one of them basically stopping to appear around t11, or why there are exactly 2 items with control enhancement 4 (read: slow/mez/charm focus) in the game.

Me being "ready to shoot down anything like this" is part of the job, kinda:
Class Addition Requests
Contrary to common belief, there are in fact items that do not correspond to the common class combinations, or that can only be used by one or two similar classes, and are actually supposed to be that way. So unless you have a better argument for why an item should be <my class> usable than "This here other class that shares armor type/casting stat with mine can use it and I can't!" please do not post a request to have your class added to it. If you do post without a good argument for your class to be added to it, the post will be trashcanned.
This thread started essentially as a request to add BST to a few items, with no reason given.
This goes both ways btw - when I find an argument convincing, I do my best to make sure that a Dev (whoms department of balance this is!) actually reads the thing - no promises from me what said Dev does with that then though.

This thread started essentially as a request to add BST to a few items, with no reason given.
This goes both ways btw - when I find an argument convincing, I do my best to make sure that a Dev (whoms department of balance this is!) actually reads the thing - no promises from me what said Dev does with that then though.

I did add some reasons 4 post down. The Raiment of Faith one has a pretty valid argument. Tell me how I can benefit from Peacegiver after reading that and we can talk.

The Bracelet of Withering Curses also has a kind of ok argument. The 2 items are not much different in comparison pretty close actually. The BST is the only class that 2 of it's Class Tomes are more for the pet and not for the actual character. The 3rd one may be for the pet as well, who knows what is planned for the future. In that case, then the BST should be allowed to receive at least near max Conjuration without having to forgo too much AC/HP for it.

The gloves is just whatever really. I just looked at whatever options were available to my class in the tiers to come, but they didn't really incite a "I want that item feel". (The 2 Grasp Items)

Notable Mentions

Brutalist's Bludgeon
As a BST only tagged item wtf is this? You know my Seeker Aug does have H2H on it right? As a BST tagged only item, it should of been some insane fist item or an insane glove item that would tempt bsts to forgo their weapons and go barefist. An item that is tagged BST only but I don't think I've seen any BST wear this item except for when they feel like I'll just mess around.

Xenelaqui, Muse of the Fallen
Does not stack with Cunning, but stacks with Bard Fiery Song? Why tag a BST on a 3 class item when they have to click their main dps buff to use it.

I did add some reasons 4 post down. The Raiment of Faith one has a pretty valid argument. Tell me how I can benefit from Peacegiver after reading that and we can talk.

The Bracelet of Withering Curses also has a kind of ok argument. The 2 items are not much different in comparison pretty close actually. The BST is the only class that 2 of it's Class Tomes are more for the pet and not for the actual character. The 3rd one may be for the pet as well, who knows what is planned for the future. In that case, then the BST should be allowed to receive at least near max Conjuration without having to forgo too much AC/HP for it.

The gloves is just whatever really. I just looked at whatever options were available to my class in the tiers to come, but they didn't really incite a "I want that item feel". (The 2 Grasp Items)

Notable Mentions

Brutalist's Bludgeon
As a BST only tagged item wtf is this? You know my Seeker Aug does have H2H on it right? As a BST tagged only item, it should of been some insane fist item or an insane glove item that would tempt bsts to forgo their weapons and go barefist. An item that is tagged BST only but I don't think I've seen any BST wear this item except for when they feel like I'll just mess around.

Xenelaqui, Muse of the Fallen
Does not stack with Cunning, but stacks with Bard Fiery Song? Why tag a BST on a 3 class item when they have to click their main dps buff to use it.
i told myself i'd stop caring about this game but god damn is this thread awful. there are a plethora of items in this game that a literally "useless" for some of the classes on them. bringing up any jenrok loot in general has been DONE TO DEATH and i really dont see it ever changing unless there is a new endgame content patch. peacegiver is a sidegrade at best for 1 single class that is on the item. you can get cold focus from the BP you should be wearing anyways. Yes you lose out on 1% cold focus but simply put sometimes itemization in this game sucks at certain tiers and you have to wear "shitty" items until you can get the proper set up. the bludgeon is really the only argument here i can see you winning, as its a BST only item. you're gonna have to try harder if you want to get stuff changed dog

the only class who benefits from peacegiver is a monk because they use str/dex to directly enhance their dps, dont bitch about the clicky unless you also want to bitch about how the raiment of faith clicky would ALSO be a useless clicky for you

the only class who benefits from peacegiver is a monk because they use str/dex to directly enhance their dps, dont bitch about the clicky unless you also want to bitch about how the raiment of faith clicky would ALSO be a useless clicky for you
monks "benefit" from it. Im not sure the marginal upgrade in STR/DEX is worth losing 1 dbl atk from hellhound ring. it might be good if you dont use BW gloves, monstro 2h (str dex dont even matter her), and/or blazewind ring. item could be useful for casters if their other ring slots werent so good, magic damage is decent for mage. necros may benefit but i think their only magic dot is r2 and im not sure if that would even apply ele damage from gear because of the way it works

monks "benefit" from it. Im not sure the marginal upgrade in STR/DEX is worth losing 1 dbl atk from hellhound ring. it might be good if you dont use BW gloves, monstro 2h (str dex dont even matter her), and/or blazewind ring. item could be useful for casters if their other ring slots werent so good, magic damage is decent for mage. necros may benefit but i think their only magic dot is r2 and im not sure if that would even apply ele damage from gear because of the way it works

yeah the ring sucks not really the point of this thread tho =p also all shall bow to abyss loot

I complained about some item yes. I did truly bitch about 1 item tho, I used a WTF on the Brutalist's Bludgeon, because that item is WTF.

Even if the Raiment of Faith has a terrible clicky for a BST, the item in it's entirety is not bad for a BST, and tagging another class to an item is probably a lot easier than creating a whole new item.

And the quote I reread it and it comes off as rude. I admit that, but that was not my intention. I posted that from work so I kind of just posted it short style, but my intention was only to inform Nwaij that I added reasons later that he may not have seen and to look at it and join the discussion.

Also don't remember how long ago, but I already made a post about Reagent Con so yea, that's probably not happening.

All in all I just make a post, I have nothing to exp and nothing to farm plat for. So now I spend some time looking at future items and seeing if it gives a "I want that item feel".

If it gets implemented then Yippie!

And if not then Oh wells, but at least I tried.

And if not then Oh wells, but at least I tried.
if you cant put in the effort to give a decent explanation on why beastlord should be added on the item the overworked and non-paid devs probably wont put in the effort to even consider adding beastlord to those items

It is critical to the overall balance of the game that we keep these items the same. Thank you for your time

i thought all staff is dead/mia? how can changes be done? did someone collect the 7 dragonballs and not wish to revert the client? who performed this evil voodoo on us?

Back
Top Bottom