Group/raid test cases

Here is another test case for you create a group and raid invite someone not in a group. in raid window all of your group will show as un-grouped and the single raid invited toon will show as in a group by himself.

Did we fix things related to groups or were more problems created or is it still the same? This might help to pin point the problem.

Things fixed when it comes to groups:
  • People joining/leaving groups now propperly show joining/leaving, raid or not.
  • /cm refresh is a thing again, so should someone end up being invisible (especially groupleaders in raids) its just one command, and not a full reform/relog. (not a fix really, more a bandaid, but still a huge QoL improvement!)
New problems created:
  • None I'm aware off.

Things fixed when it comes to groups:
  • People joining/leaving groups now propperly show joining/leaving, raid or not.
  • /cm refresh is a thing again, so should someone end up being invisible (especially groupleaders in raids) its just one command, and not a full reform/relog. (not a fix really, more a bandaid, but still a huge QoL improvement!)
New problems created:
  • None I'm aware off.

You are aware of "none" because you do nothing. You a forum mod at best and that's stretching it.

Also from my limited time grouping and raiding with him, fairly level headed. I'm surprised too, cause being a raid leader for all these euros would drive me insane.

You are aware of "none" because you do nothing. You a forum mod at best and that's stretching it.

And what have you ever done to help the game? Yeah, I thought so. Shoo troll. Nwaij has done a ton for this game both as a member of the staff and as a member of the SoD community. All you have done is trolled people with naive ignorant statements.

Small update, with not booting players from group/raid on ld etc it is definitely better, but not worth releasing. Changing this in dev has made it easier for me to identify some of the core group/raid bugs. The summary of this is that each zone has a group list and we have the groups saved in the DB. When you are "group bugged" which happens in a variety of situations, it stems from the db and the zone's group list disagreeing about what is correct. Obviously, this is bad. So, now I understand the situation and I know how to fix it, which is most of the problem. Probably going to add a command to sync the misaligned group lists in the 1st iteration and figure out when this needs to be called automatically later. Once I get a few hours to crank this out when I'm not super tired I should be able to release something that's better.

Thanks for the update Rymy, and also the work you're putting towards it. I know this was one of the main issues people had complaints about and should make things a lot smoother if fixed.

nwaij is actually one of the few people who will play this game til the end of time, say what you want about his actions as a staff member but I'd assume he'd know if something is bugged given how much he plays

Nwaij only plays this game so he has content for his pen and paper dnd campaign

Quick update, I made the change locally to try to see if not booting people from group/raid seems to work better and it does (I think). But then I tried to fix another dozen things that are super annoying that would be nice to have and every single one of them ended up being more complicated and decided that pushing this 1 change wasn't worth it with so many other bugs.

Trying to patch groups/raids is like trying to put a bandaid on Three Gorges Dam. Soooo I decided to attempt a full revert back to eqemu group/raids while still preserving sod group/raid logic which is a significant change. I'm about ~80% done through this grueling process, won't know if it works until I'm done though. Going to suppress hopes and just assume this is going to fail miserably, but here's for trying. If it fails miserably I'll just push the change to make groups/raids not boot you when linkdead and figure out the next step. But hopefully won't have to go there.

If groups/raids get into a position where they don't suck hard, I will turn my attention to other 2.5 fixes that are bad and then finally some balancing stuff and maybe even looking at some unimplemented class tomes! That's the plan at least.

Groups are totally busted right now. Certain zones (Athica, Tears of Eleal) will auto join you into a raid, but you will not show up in the raid window but can see other people's raid chat. When you are in that raid you will not get exp for mobs that you kill even if you do it solo, you will also not be able to loot no drop items.

I spammed /raiddisband but it did not work in the broken zone, I had to zone out then /raiddisband before i could get invited into a group, and then when I zone back into the broken zone I was back in the raid.

I can deal with group bugs but now I can't even get exp for the mobs I kill. Not cool, can we get this fixed?

Back
Top Bottom