New Title Suggestions

AngryCow

Dalayan Elder
The new title system is great. It's a lot of fun and enjoyable to show off your shiny achievements. I'd like to propose some additional titles based on some other in game achievements:

More AA titles -

Or perhaps larger gaps. Back when when Baron/veteran/etc for 6/12/18 AAs respectively was put in that was likely A lot of AAs. Nowadays there are many characters with hundreds of AAs. I think it would be cool if either 6/12/18 was changed to 50/100/250 (or similar) or just additional titles past 6/12/18.

Combined Trade titles -
This is for those folks who's only real goal in life is to develop arthritis as early as possible. Titles for this would be for players who had achieved 'expert' in multiple tradeskills, or had say 500/750/1000 total skill levels in tradeskills cumulatively. I humbly suggest something like 'Jack-ofAll-Trades' or 'Master Tradeskiller' as options.

Main Quest titles -

These would be tied to the high seeker charm so you could have something like 'High Seeker <Playername>' and rub it in Gavin's face.

Deity Quest titles -
When you complete a deity questline, you essentially become the Champion for that deity. I'd love to see 'Champion <player name>' for folks who have completed their quest-line. Pariah could just get 'Pariah' as a title.

Tome titles -
Titles tied to how many tomes you have completed, similar to the AA concept. Perhaps tie a title into having CoP bonus maxed out.

Faction titles -

Did you complete the quests that have you go through the rites to become a Cultist of Entropy while hanging out in Newport Sewers? then great you can now be 'Cultist <playername>'. There are lots of newbie guilds and associations that have NPC's with titles and you work to join them. The title could be tied to the questlines or to having 'ally' faction with a particular faction. ( I also love things like 'Othimir-Friend <Playername>')

MQ faction titles -
Complete your MQ faction quests so we can see some 'Trader <playername>', Mercenary Warlord <Playername>' and 'Councilor <playername>' running around.

I think Donator titles would also be an added bonus. It may not be the best method of getting people to donate, but may help.
Doesn't necessarily have to be a custom title - but something other than the generic "XXXX the Donator"

Last edited:
Cool idea, perhaps also have titles for killing "main" bosses in a certain zone? Examples being Rujik, Saitha, ToT Generals, Serizus, Etc. Something like "Sabuti, Heir of Flame" "Sabuti of Greenmist." Just a thought

Yeah only issue I'd see with main bosses is the repetitiveness of the titles. One raid kills Saitha and instantly you have 18 flagged for that title.
Maybe kill shots could be a fix for this? Since everyone and their scum alts would have these titles after enough farming of the mob.

I suppose you can say this about most of the mentioned ideas come to think of it.
There has to be a way to make the title a big milestone although most of them currently, aside from tradeskills, are super easy to get.

I like the faction one because there are some quest lines out there with weird faction requirements "i.e. Silver Crown and Othmir faction" that could be pretty neat and unique since theoretically only 1/3 of the population would even be qualified for it, and it still is a skippable quest.

I do see the comparison to WoW now the more that I think about all of these, but could be a good addition.

Or we all just wait eternally for 1000 fame :(

With the title suggestions, I'm talking about the new titles system (Shift +T) which are prefix titles, not suffix titles. Suffix titles are likely to stay the same as they always have; as a fame reward or special event reward. If your looking for something with kill flags, it would be more possible (in my understanding of how it works atleast) to make a title based off of unique kill flags (like those that were discussed with the CoP changes) so if you had say 200 unique kill flags (from the same flag as 'you have slain a mighty foe' bonus) you could get a prefix title such as Slayer <Playername>. For 'boss' kills, for example killing rujik, you could maybe go with something like chieftain-slayer <playername> or for saitha perhaps Tower-crasher <playername>. Since prefix titles are stackable with suffix titles, you could have some rather long names, for example: Chieftan-Slayer Bango the Hand of Jyre.

Here is another stray thought for a title: merchant
This would be available for player and/or donators who stacked sell boxes or bought the title from the majordomo in the house, and then can be marked as a trade bot essentially. Maybe thats too trivial for a title, I dunno. If the staff ever chooses to expand the possible title pool, it'll be up to them to go with titles that our plentiful and relatively easy to get, or a few rare and hard ones to get.

Also some quick googling found potentially better terms than 'prefix title' and 'suffix title'. Apparently prefix titles are called 'honorific' titles, and suffix titles are called 'post-nominal' titles

Yeah only issue I'd see with main bosses is the repetitiveness of the titles. One raid kills Saitha and instantly you have 18 flagged for that title.
Maybe kill shots could be a fix for this? Since everyone and their scum alts would have these titles after enough farming of the mob.
Do you think that would be an issue? If a system like this was implemented, there would be many options for titles so I don't believe everyone would be running around as "Saitha-Slayer <name>". And in the case of Saitha, there is no kill shot :p perhaps a kill on every boss in the zone, including the final, would warrant a title.

With the title suggestions, I'm talking about the new titles system.
Forgot about the pristine suffix titles. Would be cool to have them for other things like boss kills/raid zone clears. I'll settle for any prefix titles that aren't related to monks or infinite mouse clicks.

Last edited:
I didn't intend to limit them to suffix titles when I began listing ideas. I do like the idea of having both, with maybe the suffix titles being hardest to obtain, and the prefix titles being similar in obtainability(real word?) to the ones already implemented.

Was speaking theoretically about Saitha, but you got the main point.

perhaps maybe a kill on every boss in the zone, including the final, would warrant a title.

I like this. This example you gave kind of ties in with Mart's idea of "Tower-Crasher ____." Which is a cool thought. Only after getting a new encounter bonus on each mob in the zone (as in actually being alive, receiving the XP bonus, etc.) as well as the end-boss. Once that's done, you've officially "crashed" the entire tower.

Back
Top Bottom