Unimplemented Tome Idea Thread

If there's any class that cannot have another dps tome, it's ranger.

(and tevinter)
<3

yeah rangers are nuts in this game, they have like 90%+ accuracy and hit like freight trains. oh yeah, they are also one of the best tanks against pure melee damage, scale really well with tomes and gear, and can DPS while moving. also, hits above 10k are pretty common if you're using one of the t11+ bows, particularly the one from spires trash. a ranger tome based on the pet dying less is probably the most reasonable power increase to ask for.

enchanters are probably too good in the places they are good, but too bad in places where they don't shine. it'd be neat if future enchanter tomes boost their power in duo/solo/exp group situations. without 2hand bane they might be pretty balanced as a raid dps, possibly lackluster in 6 man though. but thats discussion for other places.

some classes (warriors/sks/clerics/rangers/monk) are already in a pretty good spot balance wise so making tomes for them that don't add too much power but also aren't useless is pretty difficult.

ranger tome of less bad melee while duoing - your ripostes have a chance to launch an arrow instead/in addition to a melee strike, 10/17/24/29% chance on successful riposte.

Sorry for 4th tome ideas, coffee+ slow day at work.

So, here is another SK idea

SK third tome
#% chance on SK death for one additional item to drop.

I feel this would make SKs useful and people would like them more!

EDIT: this would be better for a mage, but no 4ths

Last edited:
Sorry for 4th tome ideas, coffee+ slow day at work.

So, here is another SK idea

SK third tome
#% chance on SK death for one additional item to drop.

I feel this would make SKs useful and people would like them more!

EDIT: this would be better for a mage, but no 4ths
sks are one of the strongest solo/duo/6man/raid classes in the game when played properly. i hope this post is a joke.

Yes, a joke.

Part of me feels it might be 6 months before tomes happen, if they do at all. This brainstorming provides a moment of entertainment though.

So, i play a SK(draakos) and a cleric (grahf). The wiki describes a SK as "maximizing your team dps"; is this a accurate description of the current meta? Or if this a reflection of older times?

Yeah I was scratching my head on that also , just finish the ones we got is enough and move on to bigger things. Tomes are Evil anyways and there is so much more this client has to offer beyond the aged tome concept.
The tomes dont need to be complex, enhance something yada yada yada.

So, i play a SK(draakos) and a cleric (grahf). The wiki describes a SK as "maximizing your team dps"; is this a accurate description of the current meta? Or if this a reflection of older times?
SKs remove the need for threat management on bosses (they have quite strong AoE threat too) as well as being able to provide relatively strong +mana regen and +ATK buffs to their group. They also have pretty strong personal DPS for a tank. They have really good on demand burst between harm touch, spears, and lifetaps. They can also maintain quite a bit of their DPS while at range too.

The tidbit on the wiki about maximizing group DPS is still mostly relevant.

some classes (warriors/sks/clerics/rangers/monk) are already in a pretty good spot balance wise so making tomes for them that don't add too much power but also aren't useless is pretty difficult.

That is a really good point. I like how Enchanter was somehow absent from that list- though a fair point about them ranging between "why are you here" to "why are the rest of us even here" depending on content. Anyhow, there indeed are several classes waiting on Third Tomes who are good, great, or overpowered as is. I think for those classes shifting the focus off the individuals performance and more onto group/raid utility and QOL improvements makes those classes better without making them more OP than they already are.

Third Beastlord Tome: I know little about the current state of the class. Probably something to make short term buffs less annoying, but I don't know.
Honesty

Third Cleric Tome: Clerics reduce the Death Fatigue duration of those in their group/raid by X/Y/Z time
This fits with the class feel and is useful without adding too much power to a god class. it would generally speed up groups/raids which everyone likes without being unbalancing.

Third Druid Tome: Someone think of an idea for a tome that would make Druids more desirable healers than Clerics. Stop laughing. I'm serious. Now that you have thought of this amazing awesome tome cut its power in half. Now give it to Druids, and Clerics are still way better, just less way better.
I don't think anyone other than sadistic clerics likes how lackluster druids are at healing compared to clerics. Fixing this through tomes is bad design, but it beats not fixing it.

Third Enchanter Tome: Tev nailed it. Enchanters need something that makes them more group/duo desirable. Again, I don't know enough to make a strong case for anything.
Go ask Tev or Grinkles

Third Monk Tome: [Grinkles: Convincing Death – The Monk heightens his/her ability to produce a convincing feigned death. So long as the Monk is the sole aggressor in sight, all nearby enemies will discontinue any spell mid-cast immediately once Feign Death is activated, convinced that the Monk truly has died.]
This makes life a little better for monks and notably better for raids that sometimes have to wait around on splits.

Third Ranger Tome: Something that makes your pet better or better yet makes SpotIV benefit groups/raids more.
Nevermore.

Third Shadowknight Tome: [Hogmart: 'Manual of Torment Mastery' - Increases the effects of all reverse damage shields cast by allies by x/x/x/x%]
I think this fits under "being useful without adding too much power".

Third Warrior Tome: [Ovisha: Gives an offensive stance to make warriors lower end DPS, tradeoff being not in s4 for life]
Should probably have a big ol' downside. Like Shaman Tome stance level downside.

Few druid tome ideas:

Druid current druid tome 2 revamp:
Get rid of queen bee and just have tome slowly increase duration of the swarm bees for both are dot spells that give pets (relic: doomswarm and Crawling swarm) so that by opus 2 they last the full duration of the dot instead of depopping before hand. also maybe add in at tome 2 letting us be able to get the swarm pet component indoors for crawling swarm and at opus 2 relic bees indoors. Currently swarm pets only work outdoors on druid dot line and for just those 2 spells while swarm pets work indoors and outdoors for rngs.

Druid tome 3 idea:
always liked the idea of giving a druid a chance to use our stamina so a stance that improves cast time of druid spells (all but 2 druid spells are fairly long cast times).

A tome that allows for benefits from over healing. Does not need to be like clerics heals rest of group but maybe improves that players mitigation for a tick or 2 for a certain amount of every 100hp over heal or so. High versions of this tome can increase time the mitigation lasts or the amount of damage that is mitigated.

ranger tome of less bad melee while duoing - your ripostes have a chance to launch an arrow instead/in addition to a melee strike, 10/17/24/29% chance on successful riposte.

hell yeah, that'd be dope! You see it happen in movies and shows like "Arrow", where they'll be in hand-to-hand combat then someone pulls an arrow out and stabs the enemy with it. Great thought Tev

Druid 3 tome idea:
points of healing that overheal (like tools of the divine) that come from single-target HoT sources go into a 'healing reservoir' that has a point cap on it. When the next hot tick comes through it heals as normal and if the healed target has less than max hp the entire reservoir of healing points dumps (even if the reservoir would overheal). Ranks in the tome increase the point cap on the pool.

druid 3 tome ideas:
Call of the Wild - Druid stances and drains stamina while in stance and all allied pets within radius get a hp buff or other effects. Ranks in tome could decrease stamina drain or add different effects to allied pets

Savage companion - This would be like servant training, but for druids. Grants a new stance each rank that sacrifices the pet with the following effect: (I'm going to list potential effects here, not in order of rank or in power, because they could be scaled to be in any order)

-pet gets a vulfwere illusion and lifetaps the target giving life back to the group
-pet becomes a treant illusion and gets rooted, it explodes into sap and every ally within radius gets X amount of stamina back
-pet becomes a BEES swarm and does a fire based splurt/DoT on the target (see here for reference:
)
-pet becomes a water elemental and explodes into and every ally within radius gets X amount of mana back

Back
Top Bottom