Upcoming patch

Any other zones crash when people zoned in and did nothing?
I also see crashes from a pet attacking in fearstone, mielehc a, crystal caverns, fire grotto, first ruins. Anyone from those zones that crashed stuff have any information?

My dev environment is extremely limited right now so I can't test it. The more info I have the more I can plea to slaar to give me more access to stuff so I can test it.

was sitting at DL evac spot, grouped. 2 toons, Daenar + pet, Maideshi sans pet. Not attacking anything. Came back, couldn't get in. Saw binsin talking about it on guild forums, gave up playing for a few hours at that point.

Yes, there's 2 types of crashes I'm aware of. I can't reproduce them in my limited dev environment. I'm just waiting on getting more DB info to test this with. So as soon as I get the db info requested I can have a more robust test environment and actually reproduce these issues. Hopefully I'm able to get this information soon... unfortunately out of my hands for now, back to poking slaar.

I apparently crashed Cesspits about 4 times on Grinklum attempting to kill Headmaster Zoldin; every time I'd get him to low HP and execute the killing blow (/s 8 since I was on a Warrior), his HP bar would freeze, his combat and mine would freeze, and the latency bar would begin to tick down to show that a crash had happened. I logged in about an hour later to see if it'd work that time. It did. /shrug

This was on Saturday.

I apparently crashed Cesspits about 4 times on Grinklum attempting to kill Headmaster Zoldin; every time I'd get him to low HP and execute the killing blow (/s 8 since I was on a Warrior), his HP bar would freeze, his combat and mine would freeze, and the latency bar would begin to tick down to show that a crash had happened. I logged in about an hour later to see if it'd work that time. It did. /shrug

This was on Saturday.
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Followup question: Does Headmaster Zoldin have a pet? And is there a chance that the crash happened around the time his pet started hitting you?
I actually see this crash in the logs and have fixed it locally. That means I just have 1 other crash I need to figure out before we can try this patch again.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Followup question: Does Headmaster Zoldin have a pet? And is there a chance that the crash happened around the time his pet started hitting you?
I actually see this crash in the logs and have fixed it locally. That means I just have 1 other crash I need to figure out before we can try this patch again.
I believe he casts a spell to summon a skeleton pet once he is engaged, but he doesn't summon the pet on his own upon popping like a normal NPC would. Not sure if that's relevant. I also did nothing whatsoever to the pet itself, focusing solely on the headmaster. (No ripostes, no DS, no AE.) I'm sure the crash occurred as soon as I would have killed Zoldin and not when the pet engaged me, because the latency bar began ticking down as soon as I pressed enter with /s 8 (which easily takes off >50% of his HP bar with a 29 WAR).

Zoldin used to summon his pet on spawn (usually takes him a min or two of being spawned before he does) but the ghost does not. Its been awhile since I was in cesspits though, like since 2.5 went live so take it with a grain of salt.

Small update on this, everything is taking longer because I'm new to most of this. The test server isn't turning out to be as useful as I thought it might be.

My plan (assuming I get the permissions needed to restart the server which it sounds like might be a thing) is to take a day upcoming soon and have the server be officially down during a non-peak playtime (thinking around 2-5am EST, I normally only see < 20 people on at that time) and I'll try out my patch that broke the server at one point and that has been tweaked since. If the patch is good I will keep it up and boom, we might have good stuff. If it's bad, I'll take the trace/crashes from live that I record and see what I can fix later.

While the server will officially be down for some/most of that time, people are welcome to log on and test stuff if they want. But please don't do important quest stuff because the server will likely be going down at any given moment and nothing will be reimbursed. I will try to give a days advance on when this will happen.

Also, Jumbers did fix a few memory leaks (probably were causing the random server restarts) so we'll see if that had anything to do with why my patch was killing everything. Some of Jumbers' fixes were already pushed to live but I know at least one wasn't yet.

Rymy for SoD president 2017
Seeing someone actively putting in work to fix things is friggen awesome. It doesnt even matter if stuff DOES get fixed; the fact that someone is trying is +1000% awesome. Should hit up the forums and seek out these people that offered to help also.. The more the merrier. Long live SoD

Thanks for putting effort into this game. I hope you plan to share some of the future balancing publicly before implementing them. Or at the very least seek some kind of thoughts from some of the very experienced players.
you expect to much

In the meantime, if people just remembered to disband their raids when they're done, the world would be a much happier place.

Not much to update yet, still just waiting on my superiors to grant me permission to restart the live server and then i'll take a morning to patch/try out my new code in live...
There's a lot of low-hanging fruit I want to take care of once groups/raids are fixed but I don't want to divert my attention until raids are fixed.

Not much to update yet, still just waiting on my superiors to grant me permission to restart the live server and then i'll take a morning to patch/try out my new code in live...
There's a lot of low-hanging fruit I want to take care of once groups/raids are fixed but I don't want to divert my attention until raids are fixed.
Has this been done and needs more work? Or are the "superiors" mia? I was getting excited but its been over a week now. I still thank you for all the work you do.

dangit, you've done all of this hard work and they still aren't able to give you a small bit of their time?

If Slaar's plan falls through, I know Liam Neeson- he has a particular set of skills.......

Still waiting/bugging/pestering my superiors. Slaar has a plan that may or may not involve kidnapping any kids Woldaff may or may not have to make this happen.

it's such a massive let down to see this guy trying to fix things and whoever is in charge apparently can't be bothered to help make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom