Maybe a final goodbye

Goldfolk

Dalayan Elder
Haven't played for several years but do occasionally log in to see a much depleted game. Came to Shards after playing EQ2 for a month for the princely price of £1.

Played Shards for 6 years but Euro base became so depleted that after the fifth or so guild folded I went to playing EQ1 and ironically play EQ2 now although since Daybreak took over from Sony the game looks like it is in a slow death spiral.

Unfortunately, I may also be in a slow or not so slow death spiral as well. I was always one of the oldest players on the server and left when I was about 58. I am 64 now and when I went to the doctors with the traditional prostate problems that people of my age get a precautionary biopsy revealed a Gleason 4/5 prostate cancer which is a very aggressive grade. Thankfully there is no apparent spread and will be having a radical prostatectomy but given the high grading I have about a 70% chance of surviving another 10 years.

So a fond farewell to all the players who may still remember Nuchre and Eleazer and if anybody wants the toons they are welcome to message me and I will gladly hand them over to anyone who wants them.

So farewell to Europa, Seven Virtues, Chaotic Winds, Exodus and all the other Guilds past and present. To anybody who remembers me I wish you well.

Final words of wisdom: this is just a game. What matters is your health, family, job and enjoyment or real life. It always seemed that there were too many people so obsessed with pixels that they ruined the rest of their lives. Don't be one of those people.

Goodbye, hopefully not forever.

We only raided together sporadically, but I always remember you as the raid's fuddy duddy "grandpa." :) I wish you well with your prognosis, Nuchre.

All the best to you, I hope the treatment is effective and you're handling the situation in the best possible way. May you live long and prosper!

Haven't played for several years but do occasionally log in to see a much depleted game. Came to Shards after playing EQ2 for a month for the princely price of £1.

Played Shards for 6 years but Euro base became so depleted that after the fifth or so guild folded I went to playing EQ1 and ironically play EQ2 now although since Daybreak took over from Sony the game looks like it is in a slow death spiral.

Unfortunately, I may also be in a slow or not so slow death spiral as well. I was always one of the oldest players on the server and left when I was about 58. I am 64 now and when I went to the doctors with the traditional prostate problems that people of my age get a precautionary biopsy revealed a Gleason 4/5 prostate cancer which is a very aggressive grade. Thankfully there is no apparent spread and will be having a radical prostatectomy but given the high grading I have about a 70% chance of surviving another 10 years.

So a fond farewell to all the players who may still remember Nuchre and Eleazer and if anybody wants the toons they are welcome to message me and I will gladly hand them over to anyone who wants them.

So farewell to Europa, Seven Virtues, Chaotic Winds, Exodus and all the other Guilds past and present. To anybody who remembers me I wish you well.

Final words of wisdom: this is just a game. What matters is your health, family, job and enjoyment or real life. It always seemed that there were too many people so obsessed with pixels that they ruined the rest of their lives. Don't be one of those people.

Goodbye, hopefully not forever.

please keep us posted on the status of your health man! best of luck to you and I hope your body reacts well to treatment.

Thanks all for you good wishes. As I said, I am not in any immediate danger and have avoided worst case scenarios already. Waiting for the operation is the difficult bit but very likely to have a few years of relatively good health even if there are micro metastases. We shall see.

It was a pleasure having the chance to play with you over the years. Best of luck in your diagnosis and procedure - I really hope everything works out for you!

Nuchre and Zoroth will be some of the most memorable people from my time in Chaotic Winds. Dudes were funny to play with.
You're gonna be fine E-Lazer, I have faith. Keep us all posted on how things go.
Before you know it, you'll be back. Everyone comes back.

I have the most fond memories of hanging out with you and raiding for years on here old man. It's been a long time and thankfully the old cw crew keeps me updated. I just had to log in and let you know that nothing can beat e-lazer. Nothing dude. And don't you forget it. If you actually log on Facebook maybe we can chat a bit more and play some games sometimes. Luckily being a musician let's me still play on euro hours :)
Anyways hang in there and keep us in the loop.

Ps I'm still mad you wouldn't let me date your daughters ok.
-lumi

Thanks for the note Nuchre, it was great playing with you in CW. I don't think Burgs checks the forums much anymore, but I'll let him know what you're facing.

Best wishes ol bud.

- Brickey

PS - Lumi is a stand up guy, you should give him a chance. He'll probably blow it for himself anyway.

Hope it works out Nuchre, but you would probably know better than any of us, being a doctor your self :)

I may have complained about you how you play, but I always liked you ;)
Polight, sensire, willing to take critique and eager to learn.

All the best from your ADHD gaming friend :p

I always had a blast playing with you. You were *usually* one of the most level headed people around! I miss the days when we all played and progressed together. The last time I logged in the UI had changed and all my AA points were reset, and the server was just a husk of what it once was. As cheesy as it sounds I don't think I'll ever forget you or the rest CW and those that came before. SoD did a good job filling the itch that I felt from the beginning of EQ 1. I wish you and your family the best of luck with what is to come.

-Eihesk

Attachments

• EQ000094.bmp
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
Always enjoyed playing with you, Nuchre. You were always complaining about something but it was never annoying, usually just amusing. You're one of the ones that really made CW feel like a real bunch of folks and made CW the best guild I've played in. Good memories.

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in 2012 and he's still kicking. Thoughts and prayers your way, my man.

Aelias

Last edited:
Well back from the hospital after a technically successful operation but still in a lot of pain from spasm. Christie's is one of the best cancer hospitals in the UK but there solution to all pain is high dose oxycodone. It's actually very poor for post-operative spasm and gave me horrible nightmares. Saturday night must have woken up 20+ times and felt like I was in a horror movie. Won't know pathology results for a few weeks but at least for now 99.99% of the tumour has been removed and if the lymph nodes are free of cancer may actually be cured. Thanks everyone for your good wishes and good luck in the game.

Back
Top Bottom