what's this thing outside blackburrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svielora

Dalayan Beginner
0LUHEQF.jpg

does this purple portal looking thing serve a purpose?

if so? what purpose and how to use it?

and if not, why is it here???????

also sorry if this isnt the right place to post this im bad at forums

This is an environmental particle put in by the file qeytoqrg_environmentemitters.txt. (qeytoqrg stands for "Qeynos to Qeynos Ranger Guild"—in other words, Qeynos Hills.) Environment emitter files were introduced at some point ~10 years ago in EQ to allow Sony devs the freedom to put new particles in any zone to depict things like mist, fire, magical portals, and even bugs (like the butterflies seen at the char select). I have no idea what this blue thing outside of Blackburrow was ever used for, but I'm pretty sure it is nothing more than a holdover from Live.

I see the following text in qeytoqrg_environmentemitters.txt:
Code:
Name^EmitterDefIdx^X^Y^Z^Lifespan
void_a_151^261^3388.676514^-1006.737915^-1.000000^4000000
void_b_150^260^3388.676514^-1006.738342^4.533447^4000000
void_b_15050^259^3388.676514^-1006.738281^-1.000000^4000000
If you were to delete those three void lines (or the entire file) and then relog, the blue shimmer should vanish.

There are similar oddities in other zones, like floating torch fires and smoke plumes in Darkwoods. The solution is the same for any zone: delete the code or even the whole _environmentemitters.txt file and the mysterious particles should disappear.

Here's a pic I took a couple months back when I was first figuring out this very feature. The particles are poorly documented, so I was testing various values in the char select zone when I accidentally lit the whole forest on fire. Whoops!

s4RG2UP.jpg

EDIT: @Svielora, I see you're using ClickSwap's buff window but reverted to the default song window. I cobbled together a fixed version of the ClickSwap song window the other day that you can have if you like:

Last edited:
as far as i know its an environmental effect that appeared after the client upgrade, probably a leftover from live that has been overlooked (darkwoods is another zone full of them)

idk, I kinda want to let someone else take this one since you just minimalized the efforts of two entire guilds, although I will say
You're thinking of the "SoD 2.5. HP buff" Sabuti
doesn't really make me seem like the salty one. and I could also understand if it came from a Bango, Lleoc, etc. type that put in years of work, but ..... Great post though.

idk, I kinda want to let someone else take this one since you just minimalized the efforts of two entire guilds, although I will say doesn't really make me seem like the salty one. and I could also understand if it came from a Bango, Lleoc, etc. type that put in years of work, but ..... Great post though.

fuck @madforplaps

sabuti sounding like a salty prick shouldn't be news to anyone here. it does make me sad that 2.5 left the game eternally unbalanced and ez compared to the original game. but this thread isnt supposed to be about this topic.

idk, I kinda want to let someone else take this one since you just minimalized the efforts of two entire guilds, although I will say doesn't really make me seem like the salty one. and I could also understand if it came from a Bango, Lleoc, etc. type that put in years of work, but ..... Great post though.
I simply made a playful joke with truth behind it and you made a snarky remark toward me personally. Funny how you tell me not to belittle someone's efforts, and then you immediately do it to me. Don't tell me I "scummed" my way to tier 13 and that only Bango and Lleoc have the right to make jokes. I dual boxed clerics on blazewind every raid day for guilds while you were farming plane of frost. Maybe I'm wrong but I just figured a guild breaking t13 right after everyone gets +2000 hp and all other guilds quit wasn't a coincidence. I'm not salty at you or your guild, I don't play this game, or any games anymore. It would certaintly appear you have some anger or something toward me though

Edit: Come to think of it I actually do have "years" of playtime so I guess you can add me to your list of "hardworkers who deserve to poke fun on the forums."

:cool:

Last edited:
@Croc: Is there something I did to you besides petition when I loaded my wizard and found all my gates and ports deleted?

@GMs: Why is this guy still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom