What's Rymy working on (as of 8-1-2018)

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
In an effort of transparency as well as keeping myself honest, I will try to keep this updated.

What I'm currently working on:
https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/th...g-on-as-of-8-29-2017.30397/page-2#post-309840

Stuff that is fixed in dev and should be patched in soon:
-Bards and other clickies with no casting messages shouldn't spam you with spell effects.
-"Show Mine Only" filters should work now (although it seems they aren't loading properly so every time you have to zone if you change 1 filter it should update to the correct filters).

Stuff that I'm working on in approximate order of importance:

-Figure out why filters aren't loading correctly (this is kind of blocking me, probably will skip this for now and hope Jumbers saves the day)
-Re-add new raid code and test it in my improved testing environment
-Finish implementing the class tome that is mostly complete.
-Figure out why knockbacks put you in terrain and stop that.

Stuff that I will look into once the important stuff is taken care of (in no particular order):
-Custo sword proc & Somatic Bond stacking
-Issue with beastlords procs not mimicing properly.
-Rujik aug ammo proc
-Including missing files in the patcher (stuff that Grinkles/Haenir have links for).
-Worn see invis / movement impairing effects on items.
-Incorrectly labeled AAs/zones
-Fomelo to be more correct
-/who /who all bugs (possible correlation with why you can't /who all murk & kedge?)
-Invisible bug (zoning in sometimes people can't see you)
-Aggro bug (sometimes mobs just won't aggro you at all)
-Why character loading takes so long
-Non-rogues can use poison
-Bard songs not showing up in the correct positions

Stuff that I'm kind of blocked on and pestering others for:
-Getting permissions to update the in game patch notes.
-Getting permissions for quests/scripts to fix things like Mindful not spawning correctly.

Last edited:
Not to add yet another thing to your list as it looks like its long enough, however I've been told by multiple people that worn bane damage is not working, bane on weapons is.

Not to add yet another thing to your list as it looks like its long enough, however I've been told by multiple people that worn bane damage is not working, bane on weapons is.
If someone wants to do the work of showing some data/parses that this is likely an issue I will be more likely to take a look at it.

Any ideas about the aggro bug? What makes it happen? Any way to avoid it happening?

-If you don't know what it is its basically you zone, and now you cannot aggro anything at all, can still damage stuff but nothing aggros you, The only way to clear it is to refresh, zone, reload client. It can take multiple of all of the above to make it finally stick. I heard in guild today someones record was reloading 5 times before it stopped. Not only is this super frustrating for tanks and anyone who wants aggro, it also seems highly exploitable the only saving grace in that concern however is there doesn't seem to be any repeatable and concrete way to make it happen, and its pretty rare when it does.

I have not been able to reproduce the invis bug (when you zone in and others can't see you) or the aforementioned aggro bug. It's really hard to test/debug something I cannot reproduce. I will add those to the stuff to look at list.

Can you look at the bard song window and why the songs and HoTs are not going into it in the proper order ? In the default ui you need to expand the window to see the order in which they appear in the song window, with a custom Ui like clickswap they appear to be starting at slot 5 or 6 in the song window.

For the Bard songs, Hyofen fixed my UI with a fixed bar of 6 songs... Perhaps Rymy if I send you both the original and the modified UI, you can clue in on what should be fixed in the code?

Just a quick update. So I rewrote raids a while ago in DEV and I realized groups needed a full rewrite too (aka revert to eqemu code). So I've been busy lately but am hoping to finish this implementation this week and get testing. No guarantees that it will be that easy to fix, but I want to finish up my class tome but convinced myself to push out groups/raids first!

Groups/raid code is killing me irl so my plan is just to do groups, hope that doesn't break the universe and take it from there. I also have lua access now and am starting to look at some broken fights. Anyone familiar with the reason Vordrek the Earthen was pulled? Can PM me if it's a sensitive matter or post here I don't care.

@Rymy Vordrek was pulled because raids could port out of zone, return, and he would no longer do any of his mechanics.

When fighting him as intended, the mechanics worked just fine. If you'd like a PM of fight mechanics, I'll happily oblige.

Similarly, Elael Honor Guard in Temple was pulled because the fight timing mechanic of kill boss before X time or the zone implodes, only worked once. Then it stopped functioning for repeated attempts.

Correct. Wiping to Vordrek would not cause the event to cease functioning, in my experience.
Prophecy spent many hours wiping on the mob before we got our strat figured out. The mob functioned correctly throughout that process.
Feedback of the bug that I had heard was a raid port out of zone during the encounter would cause it to stop working.

Thaz Earth boss should be fixed. I can't for the life of me figure out how it's been disabled. But if I'm around you can petition to get it respawned if you clear the appropriate trash etc until I figure out how it's been disabled. Thanks for the helpers who confirmed it works.

Thaz Earth boss should be fixed. I can't for the life of me figure out how it's been disabled. But if I'm around you can petition to get it respawned if you clear the appropriate trash etc until I figure out how it's been disabled. Thanks for the helpers who confirmed it works.
It's possible someone used /cmd killspawn on him.

That sounds right now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure it was Taryth who disabled it, maybe he said something in his post about it if I can find it.... Also the deacon has a message that says that the boss has been removed when you flag him to start the wing, this message should be removed or modified.

Small update, I'm blocked on submitting server code due to external factors that are hopefully getting resolved. So for the time being so I've been turning my attention to fixing broken encounters / maybe quests, but mostly encounters.
I've been learning a lot and fixing stuff as I see it.

I've recently fixed that stupid refuge bug that kills your bindpoint and the thaz earth boss.

So I know you've probably submitted bug reports etc but if if there's something still broken (I'm sure there's a lot) if you can PM me (Doing a bug report via /bug works too)
1) The full mob name
2) Describe the issue
3) Steps to reproduce the issue

I might be able to fix stuff.
Things I've been made aware of recently (Harn being a rebel and not waiting for his bros to get killed, Astatine sometimes crashing the zone and spamming the 80% emote).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom