Curious question

Cleric + anything is a solid choice. You have the best heals in the game, moderate tankiness when you're duoing (especially at low levels), and all sorts of utility. Be sure you check out SoD's unique Zealot's Strike spell line for Clerics, a series of melee-range spells that damages the enemy while simultaneously healing that enemy's target. It's a real class changer.

As for the Magician, note that water pets work slightly differently here, with their ice nuke inflicting a 20% slow instead of a barebones nuke. Magicians are likely the rarest class in all of Dalaya these days due to the tiresome micromanagement that the class entails (such as resummoning a pet, the pet's armor, the pet's weapons, redoing its buffs, and so on following a death), but it is a highly rewarding class for those patient enough to put up with the occasional tedium. There's definitely something to be said for taking the road less traveled, even if it isn't as glamorous as playing a Wizard or Bard or whatever.

Also, weigh your race options carefully! It's the one aspect of your character you'll never be able to change with gear, AAs, etc. I recommend spending some time poring over the racial bonuses chart over at our wiki to make sure you're happy with your choices. When in doubt, I say go with whatever race you find most aesthetically appealing, but there are those who'd argue min/max is the only way to go (even if it means your character ends up being morbidly obese or having a gigantic forehead).

Once you have enough experience under your belt to think about questing, check out this post for a run-down of all sorts of newbie quests with great rewards.

And lastly, welcome to Dalaya! :)

I would suggest a class that is at least somewhat tanky(chain or higher unless maybe a monk) so you might be able to survive some of the harder hitting mobs preferably with a good agro method if paired with a dps and a port class(even if it isn't one of your main two) because SOD is a big place and being able to get to places quickly is very nice. Probably best to have some type of healing between the two. Though personally I hate Mansion of Portals which could alleviate the need for a port class for some people to me it is just too risky and time consuming for me to want to use it regularly.

I very strongly encourage you to pick Troll as your race. Trolls are a seriously underrepresented minority in Dalaya and we need more.

I'm new here and server sounds fun! I'm just curious what a good combo would be to make some progression I was thinking mage/cleric
1 thing to consider is the cleric vs druid as your boxed healer debate. If you have any inkling or desire to raid, then cleric is 10x as desireable as a druid. But if your goal is to just make alts, do quests and have no desire for raiding, a druid might be more to your liking. Druids can port, evac, track and are in general a really good questing buddy for whatever toon you have.

I very strongly encourage you to pick Troll as your race.
And yes, troll4lyfe. But make sure you turn off luclin trolls because those are an abomination.

The amount of time you can spend improving characters on SoD is enormous so IMO the most important thing will be to pick two classes that you will enjoy the most.....or rather the combo you will enjoy the most.

The amount of time you can spend improving characters on SoD is enormous so IMO the most important thing will be to pick two classes that you will enjoy the most.....or rather the combo you will enjoy the most.

or just make everything like i did

Back
Top Bottom