Please create a new PINNED thread listing open bugs and fixed bugs.

noklu

Dalayan Beginner
I have noticed that there has been a number of patches lately, which makes me really happy. A number of my friends quit Shards after 2.5 went live, mostly because of all the bugs and how long we went without any fixes.

Having access to a comprehensive list of current bugs and another list of fixed bugs would accomplish a lot for the server.
  • It would make it easier to report on bugs that are not already acknowledged
  • It would mean we wouldn't need to "check" within the game if an bug still existed
  • It would allow the dev's to not only show their work, but to share their priorities
I have patched a few times when checking in, and I not seen anything mentioned about some of the bugs that have bothered me. A list like this would disclose the status of the bug, or if has yet to be reported.
  • One example would be that when purchasing multiple items from a vendor, it was a crapshoot on what you would get. This may have been an issue when more than one person was buying from a vendor. I have no idea if that has been fixed.
  • Another issue that was probably fixed, is that you could not form a group in just any zone.
  • Another 'minor' issue is that NPC's in some zones "float" around the zone without walking. (everfrost - skeletons)
I realize that these are minor, but if a full list was posted, pinned, and maintained... It would make a huge difference.

updated an old post i made and moved it to these forums

but specific to the bugs you noted:

1. One example would be that when purchasing multiple items from a vendor, it was a crapshoot on what you would get. This may have been an issue when more than one person was buying from a vendor. I have no idea if that has been fixed.
  2. Another issue that was probably fixed, is that you could not form a group in just any zone.
  3. Another 'minor' issue is that NPC's in some zones "float" around the zone without walking. (everfrost - skeletons)

1 - bug still exists, you avoid it by reopening the vendor after every purchase (pain in the butt i know)
2- bug fixed
3- bug still exists, default skeletons won't animate without Luclin Human male models turned on

#2 is awesome, and thank you for the work-a-rounds for #1 and #3, I will use them

My list there though is just an example of a few things I know about. I'd love to see a comprehensive bug list posted that is updated as bugs are fixed and reported. It could also list the work-a-rounds.

I think pinning a current bug list thread here would go a long way to getting players back into SoD. I have two buddies that I am pretty sure I could get them to log back in if there was such a list. (especially if the bugs they felt were most painful have already been fixed)

Example Comprehensive Bug List

Graphic Issues
  • NPC's in some zones "float" around the zone without walking. (everfrost - skeletons)
    • work-a-round - turn on Luclin human male models
Groups / Raids
  • When in raid... xxfjjfjf jjfjfjf
  • fixed 1-1-2017 -- Can not form group in non-town zones.
Quest / Encounter
  • Abc def
  • eeeee kkkk
Vendor
  • When purchasing multiple items from vendor, you may not get what you selected
    • work-a-round - reopening the vendor after every purchase (pain in the butt i know)

Back
Top Bottom