Client Crash at load screen, no error

ventuz

Dalayan Beginner
Ok I miss playing Shards of Dalaya, it been long time ago (old character name was Durfenity, idk login info, that's ok, I will start fresh account)

I have Windows 7 PRO, I'm using Underfoot install base then ran 2.5 patcher on it.

I made account.

I tried log in, success, enter selected server... wait, see load screen just split second. Client window crash, no error log. I tried run in other compatibility mode, and tried run program as an administrator, no success. What do?

Is EQW still a thing? (I remember I had to use EQW to make this to work)

Last edited:
go to your eq directory/logs and find a file called dbg, either paste the last 30 lines or look for the error

Take a look at the official account management tools available to you in case you want to try retrieving your old character(s) after all. Perhaps you still have access to the email you used for SoD all those years ago?

Regarding your crash problem, you might be best off starting with a fresh modern install. I would recommend the Steam method. You can find a (slightly incomplete) tutorial on acquiring the game from Steam here if you need guidance.

If you'd like to leave the fresh install as a last resort, there's one other possible fix I can think of. Download the following .zip and place the included globalpcfroglok_chr.s3d into your directory, overwriting your old version. Then, try logging in and see if anything changes.
  • globalpcfroglok.zip
EQW is unnecessary, hence the old "Use EQW" button was removed from the patcher.

EDIT: Removed download link as the file didn't help anyway.

Last edited:
No I don't have access to the old email, it is unmonitored / expired. That's ok, I never liked to go back to old high lvl char / game because I would be like "What am I doing, I forgot how to play properly".

Thank you for the file, it worked but it spit at me another "this is not a PFS file". I'm trying steam method now.

*edit -- Steam method worked

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom