Fendrik, Champion of Tarhyl's quest

Swight

Dalayan Elder
Krik the Jealous in this quest cranks out a ton of damage that may make him difficult to kill if you don't have a tank. You might say then go get a tank. The problem is Fendrik due to his faction will attack any non-Tarhyl aligned toon(which due to various reasons is kinda rare on this server). This prevents continuing the quest until you get the non-Tarhyl toon out of the zone. And you risk killing Fendrik on any damage shields or ripostes ect. you may have on the tank.

Suggest either reducing the difficulty of Krik the Jealous(this is the first quest of the series that requires combat) or fixing Fendrik to not attack your help while this quest is active(probably the best fix if this is intended to be grouped). Another option is buff Fendrik's defense so he doesn't die as quickly to Kirk the Jealous.

Also the aug you get currently has race:None on it(already bug reported)

Last edited:
I just did this portion of the quest and I can agree it's pretty inconvenient that he's KoS to anyone non-pledged. I don't think the difficulty of Krik was too much, but definitely should look into a way for Fendrik to not attack while helping with the quest or at all.

Also the aug you get currently has race:None on it(already bug reported)
This isn't a bug. You're banished from Tarhyl's domain and are unworthy of wearing his aug. High Warden Ansaag trolls you by giving you a badge you're not allowed to wear.

As for the aggro issue, all I remember from when I did this quest myself is that aggro wasn't an issue whatsoever. I can ask about lowering his aggro radius if this is a big enough problem, but I don't have the tools I'd need to do it myself right now.

I'll at least share my experience and at least shed some light on why I thought it was sketchy.

Begin the quest with my Tarhyl character, with a non-Tarhyl character lagging behind because Fendrik conned KoS. Fendrik begins his pathing, and I lag behind on both characters with the KoS toon on auto-follow to keep spacing. I started pre-pulling the giants because I really didn't want to get Fendrik on aggro. Everything goes fine until the last part where Krik comes in. I also tried pulling Krik away from his normal spot but I'm not sure if Fendrik is just coded to attack him regardless of position for dialogue purposes, but Krik, the add giant, and Fendrik all aggro my non-Tarhyl toon. Now came the debacle of positioning Krik and the add giant in front and keeping Fendrik behind the warrior to avoid heavy riposte damage. Once Krik and the giant died, I couldn't progress dialogue with Fendrik on my quest toon until the warrior zoned out in some way, shape, or form.

I guess where I'm headed with this is - 90% of classes will need assistance with this quest from at least one person, otherwise either the player will die or Fendrik will die. There's a lot of room for error with the more people you add since they're almost all going to aggro Krik just based solely on the 10 < players actually pledged Tarhyl. Many new players won't really understand why Fendrik is attacking one of them and either assume they're supposed to kill it or generate some other confusion. To be honest, the only way I felt I could progress the quest would be to /q out the warrior to continue dialogue which didn't really feel right to me. I'm not saying it's bugged since I know it's intended to be this way, but there's been very few people to actually do this quest, let alone give input on it.

Back
Top Bottom