Make Enchanters Great Again

Blinkonian

Dalayan Adventurer
Enchanter is a class that can charm a monster, buff it, and make it kill his buddy. You can put a monster to sleep, and even make it forget you(and your party) exist.

Everything i just said is a lie because that's not what Enchanters do here.

You're a "CC" class who oftentimes is worse than Bard at your primary function.

Enchanters here are a "Buffer" class. They spend 3/4 of their time every raid casting buffs on allys. Most of the raids don't even require mezzing. When not with a group or raid they are virtually useless, which wouldn't be SO terrible if there was a population that could sustain random xp groups.

So let me remind people some of the stuff Enchanters have had ripped away here on SoD.

Charm pet damage is MASSIVELY DEBUFFED when you charm it, meaning even if you twink it and buff it, it loses a 1v1 to the same monster non charmed. (the ICONIC Cleric/Enchanter combo is GARBAGE here. You'd be better off as a SOLO SK, Warrior, Paladin, Necro, Wizard, Bard etc. To add to that, ANY CLASS paired with a Cleric is a better duo.

Memory blur doesn't drop combat.

So in a world where Enchanters don't actually have a good duo partner (box a shadowknight and do less dps than them? Cast runes/aod?) The class is not fun.

But wait theres a class tome! Enchanters may be able to buff themselves and do some semblance of damage, cosplay a melee or something. But that class tome is garbage, and you're better off casting relic nukes you got 8 years prior to completed 4 useless class tomes.

Maybe I'm just venting but long story short imo Enchanters need A LOT of love from the development team.

Hopefully this is a troll post. If so, 10/10

Not a troll post at all. Enchanter is super weak(outside of raids) and extremely boring(in raid and out.) The only "reason" ever given for them being so weak is that they carry raids. Big whoop they make everyone else better. I'd gladly sacrifice some raid-buffing power for some ability to solo/duo, and that has been my sentiment for years.

Agreed that ENC is super weak alone and in a duo. ENC tends to be far less weak in a group, though that depends on group setup quite a bit. IDK what you do on your raiding ENC, but "extremely boring" isn't my experience here 90% of the time, quite the opposite.

Agreed that ENC is super weak alone and in a duo. ENC tends to be far less weak in a group, though that depends on group setup quite a bit. IDK what you do on your raiding ENC, but "extremely boring" isn't my experience here 90% of the time, quite the opposite.

For me 90% of the time its aod, aod, aod, unless a wizard gets dropped or is busy then its aod, aod, boon, somatic

Other times I mez some stuff.

Whoever plays the class is taking a hit for their guild so that everyone else can progress.

In an age where SK can solo t5 raid boss, Enchanter has trouble soloing trash in fire grotto.

I guess we censor posts with no coarse language or name calling on these forums now. Suppose I'll give the response everyone else will give you.

Enchanters are god tier in raids, especially in high tier fights. They increase everyone's dps, while being able to put out great numbers on their own. Mezzing is very useful on some fights, AoD and curses can make some seemingly impossible encounters, possible. Sure they suck as a solo class and aren't the best duo, but tampering with them in that regard could make them way too strong in raid situations. That is all.

Suppose I'll give the response everyone else will give you.

No, you'll give me the response you'll give me. You do not speak for anyone other than yourself.

tampering with them in that regard could make them way too strong in raid situations

I'm talking about buffing their solo capability at the cost of raid capability (which is already being nerfed see 4.3 changes.)

I guess we censor posts with no coarse language or name calling on these forums now. Suppose I'll give the response everyone else will give you.

Enchanters are god tier in raids, especially in high tier fights. They increase everyone's dps, while being able to put out great numbers on their own. Mezzing is very useful on some fights, AoD and curses can make some seemingly impossible encounters, possible. Sure they suck as a solo class and aren't the best duo, but tampering with them in that regard could make them way too strong in raid situations. That is all.

Yea like if ur playing with a magician and two rogues with custo sword you would do t5 monk dps as a t13 enchanter.
its a DPS gain to boon custo sword rogues because 100% uptime on 60% overhaste is better than inconsistent uptime on a 75%. also, you can do some pretty legit numbers meleeing w/ verdict, which requires no support from other DPS.

Solo class, yeah they're not great, but they can solo. There are other classes that aren't great as well so it's hard to see eye to eye on that. Everything else you've said I don't really agree with.
Chanter/druid vim is good. Chanter/warrior bloodlust/enrage is good. There are ways to duo efficiently with an enchanter. Hell I did 90% of Vextal's Blackscale/MQ/Vah/Giant quest by boxing a warrior np.
In raids, I don't see how they're very boring or under-utilized. AOD/Boon/Bond keep you busy enough. Curses/dampening as Sab said can literally change the outcome of a fight drastically.
There are plenty of other classes that have to constantly re-cast buffs upon deaths. This sounds like a whiny thread.

This sounds like a whiny thread.

Sorry the other mained enchanters quit instead of posting their thoughts. Tev doesnt main enchanter. You don't main enchanter. I don't main enchanter. Nwaij maybe mains enchanter (probably doesnt want to but does to keep his guild afloat.) Nobody wants to play this class.

So, in summary.

Mages suck because they cannot rain: most encounters require mezzing

Enchanters suck because: "Most of the raids don't even require mezzing."

Last edited:
its a DPS gain to boon custo sword rogues because 100% uptime on 60% overhaste is better than inconsistent uptime on a 75%. also, you can do some pretty legit numbers meleeing w/ verdict, which requires no support from other DPS.

The buff you would want to cast on them is Somatic Bond, which doesn't stack with drakeform.

I'd love to see some of your numbers duoing with Verdict. How often do you do that? Is it comparable to duoing with Lowako? ( you don't have to answer this, I know that your monk is 3x as tanky and does twice the dps easily)

P.S. Casting boon on a rogue with drakesword just to watch the sword proc half a second later feelsbadman.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry the other mained enchanters quit instead of posting their thoughts. Tev doesnt main enchanter. You don't main enchanter. I don't main enchanter. Nwaij maybe mains enchanter (probably doesnt want to but does to keep his guild afloat.) Nobody wants to play this class.
Just for the record: I do main my enchanter, and I actually like playing it. The fact that my only other toon worth mentioning isn't even tagged to the same guild should have given that away. Aishii also likes playing her enchanter. So your statement about noone wanting to play this class is incorrect.

Yes, enchanters are amongst the worst of the worst you can pick for a duo. No, I have no solution for that. But truth be told, any duo that doesn't have a toon with some tank ability and a healer will be vastly outparsed by a duo with such capabilitys, so being bad at duoing isn't reserved to ENCs by any means.

Back
Top Bottom