Changing deity.

Because your only as strong as you you have followers? Even better, this guy will now even stop raiding your realm.

It happens a lot in human history too you know. Once enemies, then allies. It's a very short minded God that would not accept new followers because of their past. I guess I can see the arguement for lawful Gods, but Chaotic ones deff. should accept that sort of behavior heh.

Just that the power of a dalayan god isn't based on the ammount of puny mortals worshipping them, it's based on them being superpowerful elemental spirits in their own right. And as other people stated before in this very thread, they aren't excatly known for their forgiveness (except Althuna maybe), and very well known for being tied up in their petty struggles and eons long feuds and grudges.

And to counter your argument about chaotic gods accepting this: "You killed my followers in spades, then betrayed XYZ. Now you want my blessing? Yeah right, nice try, I call your bluff, I'm just the next you want to betray! Here, take some eternal suffering instead!"

Because your only as strong as you you have followers? Even better, this guy will now even stop raiding your realm.

Except you're wrong. Having more followers would give them more influence over the material plane but not increase their personal power. The squabbles of these gods existed before the mortals of the material plane, only briefly involved them, and will continue long after Dalaya is nothing but darkness and ash.

Your raiding their planes is the equivalent of a toddler running into your house you just cleaned and threw an absolute shit fit. Maybe some shit is broke, maybe it needs to be replaced or cleaned but the house is still standing and you just wish you could beat that child. Now this toddler is coming to you with monopoly money and their favorite half chewed crayons and promising to be good if it can stay at your house this week because you have best snacks on the block.

Basically the only way to make sure you offend a god short of murdering their followers is to pledge loyalty to another god. You can wantonly burn a hot streak across the planes of Dalaya and as long as you do it in the name of lolz you can still settle down with Jayla or Enthann.

Your raiding their planes is the equivalent of a toddler running into your house you just cleaned and threw an absolute shit fit. Maybe some shit is broke, maybe it needs to be replaced or cleaned
Not sure clearing out the entirety of tower of tarhyl including tarhyls generals is just "like a toddler throwing a shit fit"

Why do the Gods even allow anyone to pledge it in the first place?
Why do they reward their pledgers the more work they do, and why do the faction with the deity increase?

It's common pratice in SoD in general, that you can change faction (KoS in OG City, go kill the Infesteds for example), why would the very Gods that made this entire system be different?

I mean each deity has different reasons to have followers, for example gradalsh, he wants to spread destruction and entropy and along comes a horde of murder hobos who want to help you out, so you give them some stats and point them in a general direction and all is well. As far as faction changes go im pretty sure those are all by design intent by the devs that made those factions, og is a good example of a faction that is supposed to go back and forth, choosing silver crown or blacks ale is a pretty clear faction choice that is permanent

This thread is making my head hurt. If you don't like your deity you can always go Pariah. If you've already raided every plane, Jayla, Enthann, Divine Light, and Pariah are all options.

There's no plans to allow you to change deities.

I don't like my deity, and I am already Piriah.
I am ally with the cult of entropy, but KoS to Plane of Entropy, because I didn't know Plane of Disease was Entropy, when I came from live to this server back in 2008...

This is besides the point though, the point was to make a more fun and agile deity environment in general, where you don't have to reroll you character if you made a little (MAJOR) mistake down the road.

Sad to hear it hurts your head to read my suggestions :oops::eek::(
Thanks for staff answer, appreciate it.

When I played as a new toon, a guild made helped me get the ground spawn for a murk quest in city of mercy.

My plan then was to go althuna. He got near the elemental and started dying. I was just running in from zone in and reflex healed him (as clerics do).

Insta KoS. Now im jayla

seems strange a chaotic evil diety like tarhyl wouldn't just LOVE to take away followers from someone like goodie two shoes althuna to further his following and spread his destruction

seems strange a chaotic evil diety like tarhyl wouldn't just LOVE to take away followers from someone like goodie two shoes althuna to further his following and spread his destruction
Not as much as he would love to give you the sivyanna trearment for hampering his progress by murdering his minions in the hundreds or thousands.
This thread is making my head hurt. If you don't like your deity you can always go Pariah. If you've already raided every plane, Jayla, Enthann, Divine Light, and Pariah are all options.

There's no plans to allow you to change deities.
With that being said, why is there even any discussion in this thread any more?

No, discussion is not outlawed by any means. I just don't get the point of discussing this any further, knowing that a re-pledging is not on the table.

Back
Top Bottom