Jyre

Doesn't having the sword equip as a weapon give you a 50% chance to block melee hits (which is more then a shield would) and when equip to ammo it does not give this additional block rate?
Didn't see any mention of this in the 4% spec posts, which is weird cause isn't that the op part of jyre

no confusion, never parsed one, half hits , 50%, haven't played since nerf. sounds legit.
still didn't see no mention of 10% flat block rate in the math break downs in previous posts, but reading marza post says u get that 10% from ammo also now? uber

Last time I checked you don't get the block from ammo, and the other thing is the proc rate in ammo was severely nerfed some time ago (even though it still says 100, it is not) which is kind of silly imo.

to my knowledge the avoidance hasn't worked from ammo at any point of me playing characters with jyre

I have actually been thinking this over for a long time now, and I think sometime in the future (maybe) there will be a way to get the passive benefits (and detriments) of Jyre without having to hope a really rare item drops. What I mean by this is you could complete the Jyre quest and receive an ammo slot item that did everything the current Jyre does except you can't use the sword part of it. Eventually, and maybe sooner than you might think, using Jyre as a weapon is no longer going to be a thing anyway. Having said that people who went down this route would be able to turn their ammo only item in to a full fledge Jyre if they ever do get the rare quest piece, so that way they cannot lose out on anything.

in EQ2 each class epic weapon had a clicky that did something invaluable for it's class. after a while they were de-valued and there was a quest put in where you turned in your weapon and got like...a trophy, but a clicky button that did whatever your effect was. so my SK epic weapon could be right clicked to "lock agro on me" for 20 seconds or whatever. it became a hotbutton after it was devalued due to overleveling of gear. I thought that was pretty dope.

I have actually been thinking this over for a long time now, and I think sometime in the future (maybe) there will be a way to get the passive benefits (and detriments) of Jyre without having to hope a really rare item drops. What I mean by this is you could complete the Jyre quest and receive an ammo slot item that did everything the current Jyre does except you can't use the sword part of it. Eventually, and maybe sooner than you might think, using Jyre as a weapon is no longer going to be a thing anyway. Having said that people who went down this route would be able to turn their ammo only item in to a full fledge Jyre if they ever do get the rare quest piece, so that way they cannot lose out on anything.

I don't know the actual Jyre quest, but the new 'Know Your Enemies' quest, seems like a good requirement to begin a Jyre-ammo quest (perhaps turn in one of each token, to get the quest... just brainstorming).

The Jyre 100% DB (not a full health DB though) I feel is a pretty essential part of higher tier raiding, it saves the raid from wipes. There just are times when several mechanics stack up, its murphy's law, or even just a series of "lucky" hits from a very hard hitting mob, and tank is down, and we meditate ect. for 10+ minuts, before we can go again...

So though I dislike the whole neg20% deity, the necessity of a 100% DB on higher tier raids is just so big, that its not really a choice to be honest.

There just are times when several mechanics stack up, its murphy's law, or even just a series of "lucky" hits from a very hard hitting mob, and tank is down, and we meditate ect. for 10+ minuts, before we can go again...

I would like to think that if the 100% deathsave didn't exist, many of the bosses that hit for those absurd #'s would likely and or should be turned down damage wise to make it within reason.
gotta remember that a lot of new fights were put in or tweaked after Jyre was a thing and it was likely taken into account for tank damage from bosses.

Fair point.
True, I was just inside the "We got Jyre, so now what" -box. The outside of that box should be concidered too, agreed.

I would like to think that if the 100% deathsave didn't exist, many of the bosses that hit for those absurd #'s would likely and or should be turned down damage wise to make it within reason.
gotta remember that a lot of new fights were put in or tweaked after Jyre was a thing and it was likely taken into account for tank damage from bosses.
This isn't really true, a majority of the time a tank dies is due to either negligence, or stacked heals. I don't know of a single mob in this game that is capable of actually "one rounding" a tank.

That may be true but i dont tank on raids Lleoc or Jraul would be better on that subject f they care enough to chime. But i know ive heard them basically say they die on engage (lose jyre or DB) a couple times but that could be on our healers as well.

Keep in mind that you guys only use 4 healers on a fair bit of encounters which leaves a lot less leeway with healing.

Keep in mind that you guys only use 4 healers on a fair bit of encounters which leaves a lot less leeway with healing.

I don't think we killed anything for the first time with less than 5 healers. But yea we pop jyres/db plenty but its not been less than 2 rounds to kill us so far unless special abilities are involved.

edit: This is as far as thaz goes. Idr how many healers we took to FoF stuff but i think it was also 5.

This isn't really true, a majority of the time a tank dies is due to either negligence, or stacked heals. I don't know of a single mob in this game that is capable of actually "one rounding" a tank.
I remember Duke Thanes on tier used to be a dice roll, and was a fight that really kept healers on their toes. I believe it did have a chance that the tank was going to die, and there wasnt much you could do about it

Last edited:
Marza when I finished the Jyre quest, most of the quest wasn't even properly integrated into the game, eg. you sent me the quest dialogue in a word doc. I definitely did not knowingly sign up for a -4% deity spec penalty.

With that being said, I agree the item is dumb for balance, although the novelty is very neat and hope it is able to stay around.

P.S. I only read a few posts from people who aren't droolcups so I'm sure I missed something someone will say is important.

Marza when I finished the Jyre quest, most of the quest wasn't even properly integrated into the game, eg. you sent me the quest dialogue in a word doc. I definitely did not knowingly sign up for a -4% deity spec penalty.

With that being said, I agree the item is dumb for balance, although the novelty is very neat and hope it is able to stay around.

P.S. I only read a few posts from people who aren't droolcups so I'm sure I missed something someone will say is important.
I think that most of that word doc was actually just lore, much of which I never even got around to adding in to the game even to this day for various reasons. As far as the deity spec penalty you are the only person who could claim to not know about it. Everyone else knew exactly what they were signing up for.

I think that most of that word doc was actually just lore, much of which I never even got around to adding in to the game even to this day for various reasons. As far as the deity spec penalty you are the only person who could claim to not know about it. Everyone else knew exactly what they were signing up for.

You're still a big doo-doo head and won't play games with me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom