Character Deletion - "You have been disconnected."

Halfwise

Dalayan Beginner
Title pretty much says it all. Any time I try to delete a character, I get disconnected from the server.
Upon logging back it, the character I attempted to delete has not been deleted.

I haven't noticed a general "bug" thread, yet. So I figured I'd post this in here.

Title pretty much says it all.

With the advent of character sharing for all levels of play, culminating in the guestlock feature because people were being bad with each other's loots, I believe character deletion was disabled. If you want a character deleted, you'll have to petition/hit up IRC/make a forums post about it.

With the advent of character sharing for all levels of play, culminating in the guestlock feature because people were being bad with each other's loots, I believe character deletion was disabled. If you want a character deleted, you'll have to petition/hit up IRC/make a forums post about it.
Hrmm, okay...good to know...though a fair bit encumbering for a suffering altaholic... (i like to give a bunch of combos a go before settling...and the idea of a bunch of discarded character clutter in my selection menu. Brrrrr)

News to me. I deleted a character ~2 weeks ago with no problems. Though I just confirmed that I get the same disconnect issue now -- probably not working as intended and should be /bug reported.

News to me. I deleted a character ~2 weeks ago with no problems. Though I just confirmed that I get the same disconnect issue now -- probably not working as intended and should be /bug reported.
Oh right! I completely forgot about that. A lot of other servers the /bug doesn't work, so I just sorta forgot about it.

Not totally helpful maybe but remember you can always make alts on different accounts (so if you ever want both online at the same time ever in the future). I usually stick to 1 toon / account just in case.

Is this a process we should be following? I have a HC character I suicide because I wanted to get his name for another toon (the king is dead, long live the king, etc) and found out that I can't actually delete him. Not a big deal, obviously, but I just really liked the name haha.

Not totally helpful maybe but remember you can always make alts on different accounts (so if you ever want both online at the same time ever in the future). I usually stick to 1 toon / account just in case.
This is a very important thing if you want loot on 6 different characters at once and you are in a position to make your guild load them all.

I remember a post a long time ago about not being able to delete characters after a certain level, maybe 10. This was to deter people from deleting others toons.

Back
Top Bottom