Opus Changes

There's a bug that will exist until next patch where you can't loot the untranslated opus if you have a copy of the translated one.
Just a fyi, this bug shouldn't exist anymore. You shouldn't have to worry about any opus poofing on looting. Also, updated the original post with the updated location relative drop rate groupings.

i might be a stretch as i havn't done them recently but i think the deep Fire Grotto Efreetis (Blademasters and the like) and maybe the Everchill Ice Giants may be eligible for lower tier (1.5 to 2.5 range tops) tome drop rankings. beyond that i cant think of anything else offhand

It seems like Blood Quarry elites ought to be in the same group as Citadel, and Rust factory perhaps might be bumped up as well—it seems like it's at least as difficult as Catacombs or Highkeep basement, and unless I'm mistaken hardly anyone farms or runs XP groups there on a regular basis as it is. That said, maybe Underwater Starfall could be moved down to group 1 or 1.5? I say this as someone who does regularly farm there, but it's probably easier (and certainly more convenient) than Mielech C basement or even Kaesora.
Amazing change though, overall.

I was thinking that there are some encounters where tomes used to be part of the draw to do that encounter. Lower thaz wings come to mind most prominently. I was thinking that maybe those encounters could have a chance to drop scholastic tokens, so that they still have a tome related reward, but it wouldn't directly be opus drops.

Adding opuses back to lower thaz would go against the recent declaration that they don't intend raid content to be farmed for years for opuses. It would make lower thaz the new turruj.

Couple of points id like to emphasize; first, lower thaz is just the first one that comes to mind, not the only mob that had tomes as a bonus to balance it's loot. Second, turruj tables got modified to compensate for thier losing tomes, but not other loot tables in the game. Third, if bosses in thaz (for example) have a chance at dropping tokens, that's only half an opus and not a direct book drop. Finally , a large part of the turruj problem was that it was part of the linear raid progression through ikkisith and was a single claim, allowing it to become a large block because it had 4 of the 7 t12 mobs in the game in a single claim, lower thaz has 4 claims and I doubt would be as much of an issue as turruj was.

i personally think it would be fine if some raids bosses at least dropped class tomes as a potential bonus loot (like saitha once did) such as Saitha, sharn'ree / rujik and maybe like the wing bosses of thaz (not on mini's). but i think its fine if normal tomes remain off of raids wouldnt be guaranteed but a nice bonus and maybe an incentive. Just my opinion though.

Rujik was for sure just a pure downgrade, no added loot that I know of, and the tomes was just removed.

If Traek Jr. still drops 1 loot, with a chance of bonus drop, but now no tome chance, well this was just a downgrade as well.
In the case of Treak Jr. I'd personally prefer same fix as the Turruj 1 droppers had; 2 drops instead of just 1.

Traek Jr drops 1 loot right now. It didn't get another drop with the opus change.

I'm really liking the "2 loots" tur'ruj tho! good gear when you're on that tier.

That makes sense at least, Traek Jr is a quick engage with easy to clear trash. Kind of like a spires boss except without class bracers.

Back
Top Bottom