bane of the fallen god (2hs)

jdroadman

Dalayan Beginner
i dont usually make posts on here but i thought this idea might be good enough to share. now that enchanters have their own 4.3 weapon because them using the bane sword was too strong can we please make the 2h bane sword usable by all the other classes listed on it? i was thinking that the item could stay more or less in the same use category if the focus effect akhevan hubris was just changed to remove the self damaging component and give it +23% damage increment and +23% healing increment, that would be slightly weaker than damage increment 8 but also a little stronger a focus 7. This would make this item usable for the classes that are on it and free up other slots for itemization by the classes that can use it. it wouldnt be too strong because its not like it has priests on it and wiz and mag have other damage increment 8 options by the time they can get this item. it would also be cool if we could combine the item in like an aug kit to convert it too as needed, seeing as it seems like most people just have both versions of the sword who have one anyway. also im not sure but i think most people are happy with the 1h version, but if not maybe the 1h version could have like "akhevan diffidence" and have a lesser version of the focus effect like 20% damage increment and 20% healing, slightly weaker than a focus 7. my 2 cents

I've been using it a bunch on my SK when there are poison immune mobs; It is growing on me. I like the idea of nuking harder but taking more damage. Kind of like an afterburn effect, sacrificing life for damage. Obviously with lifetaps/leech stance, a portion of the nuke is mitigated.

I like the akhevan hubris effect alongside the detrimental effects.

IDEA: You could make the equipping nuke heal a % of your mana (10-15?) when you equip it. Poor mages and knights could self nuke a few times in an xp group while getting healed to help them maintain momentum comparable to other classes. Timely weapon swaps in raid settings would reward skilled players. Something like this gives the weapon functionality past the time upgrades replace it.

IDEA: The melee proc could be SLIGHTLY boosted/changed to offer a middling DPS option for SK/PAL, while not interfering with RNG/WIZ/MAG.

You could also have the 10% self nuke restore 1-2% of your mana. This is boosting the benefit rather than nerfing the detrimental.

The 1 hander is pretty much perfect. Great itemization for RNG/WIZ/MAG offering evocation, and an amazing AoE tool for SK/PAL.

Remove the Focus Effect: Akhevan Hubris, and replace it with DI8.
Make it 100 magic damage and 0 regular damage.

Make it 2hb or piercing, so non 2hs class's can actually hit with it....

I dunno, just brainstorming, I don't play any class' who would use it, so not sure what change would be useful for all class' reprecented, or if it is even relevant to try and make it useful for all class's.

changing any 2 hander to piercing or 2hb immediately cripples it's uses by a knight due to the near non-existent piercing and 2hb mod itemization. i have a custo 2hb and i can parse higher with ansaag's skullsplitter because of available mods. any melee weapon which has primarily elemental damage can only properly perform on mobs with negligible resistance to that element so that would not be very good. i still stand by my first post, i believe the detrimental effect on the user is why this weapon does not see use, outside of the occasional person who stance taps with it on an sk in order to effectively nullify the nuke... which still tells us that the self nuke is the problem. i dont think any other changes need to be made other than reducing the power of the focus and getting rid of the nuke to make this item see use again. it has more mana than any other 2 hander in the game, a really nice chunk or hp/ac and other great stats. its really sad that the one feature is what makes it unusable. honestly you could even keep the 1/2 hp nuke on equip on the thing, might be kind of funny with bandolier now if someone hit the wrong button... =p

Eyate why won't you play this game with me
Everytime I think about this I recall that I am the forever bitch baby and having to buff is the eternal shitty diaper that plagues my existence. So instead I just remember the good times and wait for a the new wok loaf that is never coming.

long and tedious quest line in which you need to solo the mountain king and throw your bane into the lava pool to turn it into an ac aug with +evo

make the nuke 5% again but nerf the focus to 27% nuke damage.
this item is still garbage and 2.5 hp boost made it even worse. the quoted change would put it in a reasonable spot - it makes using the item a risk, it makes wizard flash flame spam a significant risk, requires you to give up a wrist proc to offset it slightly by using NZ wrist etc. yearly reminder to get someone to make this item not garbage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom