Juggernaut's Rage

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
A few changes in the upcoming patch:

Juggernaut’s Rage:
-Exhausting and Juggernaut’s daze when leave Juggernaut’s Rage has been reduced to 12 seconds.
-Proc from Juggernaut’s strike no longer has knockback.
-Juggernaut’s strike should only proc while in Juggernaut’s Rage.
-Fixed a bug that messed with aggro when leaving Juggernaut’s Rage.

Let me know if any other bugs are known.

Last edited:
Well the knockback from the kick should be removed for next patch. While I tested this in multiple zones on multiple mobs, apparently everything I tested this on was undead so I didn't notice any of the knockbacks. I also changed the damage from the kick spell so it's more damage up front and less on the over time effect.

Re Paxit,
Punishing strike = Juggernaut's Strike while in /s 2.

Couple things , undead mobss in general and certain models like giants and a few others do not get the same knockback animations I think it might be a 2.5 issue with certain models and knockback type effects. Vindicators stance no longer stays active when gear is swapped out (ie. bandolier used, etc) Also the AC penalty in juggernaut is super harsh and am curious if it can be scaled down a bit as you do the juggernaut tomes ?

All the unintentional knockback situations should be fixed next patch.
Switching weapons causing stances to drop is irrelevant to Juggernaut's Rage and I believe is a desired effect because some stances only work with certain weapons.
I think the AC penalty is fine. I don't want high tier warriors to be able to consider this as a legitimate tanking stance. The intent is that with the daze only lasting for 2 ticks, the warrior should be able to switch back out to a tanking stance if they blow cooldowns.

yeah but vindicators has been an always on stance thats the way its been since the warrior revamp years ago, so anytime I want to use bandolier or even manually swap a weapon, etc now in lets say a truck mob fight vindicators drops untill I reclick it which is quite a loss of mitigation for that time frame.

Just finished the 4th one. I was really hoping that finishing the 4th one that leaving /s 2 would make me suffer this debuff:

Juggernaught's Daze
Spell Id: 5002
Category: Utility Detrimental/Slow
Deity: Malath
Target: Self
Resist: Unresistable
Cast Time: Instant
Duration: 12s (2 ticks)
Lands on You: Your rage fades away, leaving you dazed.
Slot 3: Stun for 2s
Slot 4: Decrease Movement Speed by 70%
Slot 10: Decrease Magic Resist by 20

But I still get the same one as always :oops:

In the /cm tomes, it's listed as "Juggernaut Range IV".

Seems to work well with Warcry. Only tested while in /s 2, and it gave the new Warcry, going to test while in /s 4 when cooldown allows.
When not /s 2, it's "just" the normal Warcry, all is well :)

Last edited:
There seems to be a few spells with the "same" name

Juggernaut's Daze
Spell Id: 4651
Slot 1: Decrease AC by 6000
Slot 3: Stun for 3s
Description: 44651

The one I posted is spelled the same as the title of the thread so I would suspect this is the one that is used.

Another one I saw that looks really interesting...
Juggernaut's Warcry
Spell Id: 4653
Classes: WAR/1
Skill: Alteration
Target: Caster AE Players
AE Range: 75'
Duration: 60s (10 ticks)
Lands on You: You feel the juggernaut's warcry ring through your soul.
Slot 1: Increase Melee Haste v2 by 50%
Slot 2: Fear Immunity

Is that something you can use? An AE 50% overhaste that lasts a minute sounds extremely powerful.

The reads like a 4th level of our AA Warcry (which only has 3 levels) but I have been gone so long I don't know if there's anything in game that offers that as an upgrade. Unless there's something about this tome that was supposed to do so. Maybe using the AA while in Juggo mode?

Seems to work well with Warcry. Only tested while in /s 2, and it gave the new Warcry, going to test while in /s 4 when cooldown allows.
When not /s 2, it's "just" the normal Warcry, all is well :)

Yeah sorry, should have used the correct term, and not just "new warcry". But yes, when you finish all 4 class tomes, and Warcry while in /s 2, you get Juggernaut's Warcry

There seems to be a few spells with the "same" name

Juggernaut's Daze
Slot 1: Decrease AC by 6000

Odd, when I search for that spell id, I get:

Juggernaut's Daze
Slot 1: Decrease AC by 1800

(perhaps the program I use, calculates spell ac, to "real" ac)

This is the debuff I get, and yes the AC loss is the same now that I have done all 4 tomes, as it was when it got changed, and I was mid 3rd.

Perhaps there is a delay on the AC debuff to actually show in the client, I see that from time to time when I enter /s 2... But as far as I can tell, I'm getting the same debuff, with the same AC loss.

Last edited:
I also use winparser /shrug.

Is that something you can use? An AE 50% overhaste that lasts a minute sounds extremely powerful.

Remember that 50% overhaste, is almost never 50% damage increase.

You start at a natural 100% haste, so to speak.
Then there is item haste, usually around 45-50%.
Then we have buff haste, GoE is 77%.
Then there is the overhaste, v2 and v3.
v2 is stuff like bard songs.
v3 is mostly clickers, Warcry and boon, as far as I can tell.
Not sure if v2 and v3 stacks or not (I dont think so)...

Anyway, how much difference is there between 25% from Warcry and 50% from Juggcry?
Going with 47% haste item. The higher this haste is, the less impacted you are from Cry.
Going with a raid set up, with a bard doing Fiery, that will give 22% more haste.

These data are assuming that v2 and v3 stacks, if not, +25 turns in to +3, and +50 turns in to +28, so even less of an impact.
100 + 47 + 77 + 22 = 246

So normal Warcry will give a dps increase of (246+25)/246 = 10% increase.

Juggcry will give (246+50)/246 = 20% increase

And finally the % difference is (246+50)/(246+25) = 9% difference. (Ofcourse it is twice as good, but the difference in how much haste gained from base, is only 9%)

If v2 and v3 doesn't stack.

Warcy (246+3/246) = 1.2%

Juggcry (246+28)/246 = 11.4%

% Diffrence (246+28)/(246+3) = 10% (if the over haste doesn't stack, juggry is almost 10 times as good, but that only amounts to a 10% difference, in how much overhaste is gained from the base haste).

I'll fix the spelling typo.
In regards to the AC debuff being 6000 vs 1800, it's just a matter of parsers. I believe 1800 is the actual value reduced because spell AC only counts for about 1/3 real AC. Don't quote me on that.
In regards to asking about stances dropping when weapons switch, that's an issue outside the scope of this warrior ability.
In regards to the AC debuff being too much,
Rymy said:
I think the AC penalty is fine. I don't want high tier warriors to be able to consider this as a legitimate tanking stance. The intent is that with the daze only lasting for 2 ticks, the warrior should be able to switch back out to a tanking stance if they blow cooldowns.

I don't think you have anything to worry about with warriors using this as a tanking stance. I was playing with paxit last night using the new stance and he was melting like a wizard

Indeed.
The biggest problem I have with /s 2, is not that you're super fragile while in /s 2, but more than you're still super fragile for 6-12 seconds after you leave it.
This makes the stance not only useless to solo with and obv tank ect (which is fine), but also makes it very risky to use in general.

yes its very risky , it removes our ability to some extent on the event that the current tank dies and warrior ae taunt snap aggro to regain tankage from lets say a dead knight. I dont think enrage after said events happens is gona overcome this handicap maybe resilience AA but the timing on all these would need to be robotic exact. consider lessening the ac debuff when we switch out of this stance as you do more juggernaut tomes rymy> I dont see myself being able to use this stance in any higher tier raid situations unless we can recover from it quickly to regain control from the dead tanks.

I am pretty sure the whole point of this debuff is to make it impossible to get back to tanking at the drop of a hat (usually a hat still on another tanks head). From what I read here, it does a good job at that. Also this stance was never meant for soloing either. It was meant to allow warriors to be ok-ish DPS in situations SOMEONE ELSE tanks.

Back
Top Bottom