Is the login server broke, or am I?

Dedmon

Dalayan Adventurer
I have been trying to log into SoD all afternoon. I keep getting an error message:

"Updating patcher failed. Reason: could not create WebClient instance: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
Patcher update failed"

My internet connection is solid, I can watch videos and play Battlefield 1 online, but I can't get passed the "checking for new version of the patcher." before the error message pops up. :(

This sounds like the same problem discussed in this 2016 thread. I am unable to shed any light on why this happens, but for future reference, check in with SoD's official Discord server to get some real-time input from players and staff. You'll usually get much faster feedback there.

Are you still experiencing this problem today, @Dedmon? If so, you can bypass the patcher if you have no other option by following the directions in the third post of the aforementioned thread, though this should be regarded as a temporary fix and isn't officially endorsed by the staff.

Grinkles! Thankyou for that heads up. I was in the process of working around the problem when I actually found the cause of it. I didn't pay my internet bill in time, and it was about to be disconnected. ATT slows your upload and download speed in order to 'remind' you of your impending disconection.

For some reason, I was able to pay BF 1 anyway, but it really messed with the SoD launcher. I got my bill squared about about 10 minutes ago, and now I'm playing SoD again. :)

TLDR: Pay your internet bill = play SoD

Back
Top Bottom