Adepts released Saturday evening (9-15-2018)

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
Lv 47 adept
The sound of loud, vicious snapping can be heard echoing among the snowy valleys. Coldain scouts have confirmed the source to be a large male turtle who has taken up residence in the area. Observers are cautioned to keep their distance from the creature; his brutal bite has already claimed the lives of several who dared to approach him.
XJhvnIh.png

Lv 52 adept
Jogren, the dutiful lone merchant whose interest in trade overpowered his undead nature, is shivering in his boots these days. What beast could be so dreadful as to strike fear in the heart of a man who’s already dead?
FMQpdji.png

Lv 57 adept
A curious chill settles. Rumors abound that a temptress has risen from the waters and worked her wiles on the native brughwar population to secure a position of power among their kind. Whose resolve can withstand the mesmerizing gaze of such a being?
FWj7aIl.png

Thanks Grinkles for all the Adept help and Speckly for some adept inspiration. I'm always open to ideas for new content, feel free to message me.

Im refering to the fact that the last time someone helped a dev create content, they got banned.

Im refering to the fact that the last time someone helped a dev create content, they got banned.
Ahh you mean the guy who used a bugged mechanic to his advantage, admitted it and got a slap on his ass and a measely jailing before he got banned for good for being a dipshit? Funny all you defending him keep fucking glossing that shit over.

You mean the excuse that was used to make it all seem like he's some nefarious sod corruption hell bent on destroying the server? No one has defended his use of a bug mechanic, not that I have seen. The punishment should fit the crime and he was jailed for it. The only information I have about his bug abuse was from his thread and it talked about him solo killing a named in the baldakan camp for some fresh 65s which he could have duo'd had he loaded a cleric (again, information from his thread which no staffer has objected to for being incorrect). Do you recall the unplayable state this game was in for so long before Rymy showed up? I dealt with this bug too. I petitioned it, wasted a lot of my time, Taryth came and checked it out since we were asked to help by letting them know so they could figure it out. He came, said it was of no use and left. In the mean time I couldn't kill a small camp of 10 mobs that I can pull at once. After several closed clients/starting fresh ones it was still there. I eventually gave up and logged. If he were killing high tier 6man content or raid mobs solo, yea ban him. (Maybe staff can tell us what exactly he benefited from this bug exploit that might help change my opinion).

It was stated he was on probation for the bug exploitation still as part of the reason. He wasn't according to the dates.

The staff member whom he was subverting has also left sod with discontent.

Marza has given his opinion of the inner workings of the staff channel.

Oh I had no idea what happened with him... I just seen him a few times and I knew he was new to the server damn bugs

unban siblyx even though he wont come back. almost all the content exploiting bans are stupid. I don't know what jontrann did but there have been a lot of nonsensically harsh bans on players for doing stupid shit that ultimately wouldn't affect the game in any meaningful way. I'd love to see a list of all grievances the staff have against him. I cannot grasp wanting to cause a schism in your playerbase over banning a guildleader for some trivial shit like killing baldakans. I assume it had to have been worse than that but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised.

also thank god there is a new turtle to slay. and a reason to actually go into sirens.

Last edited:
Ahh you mean the guy who used a bugged mechanic to his advantage, admitted it and got a slap on his ass and a measely jailing before he got banned for good for being a dipshit? Funny all you defending him keep fucking glossing that shit over.
Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you.

Everything else aside, are you able to comment if these new adepts will be in the same category as Fuwoks, in terms of requiring more than one group of toons, twinked or not, to be able to kill it? I think its neat, theres just not alot of lower level characters to participate in adept killing other than the adept community toons that some people can play to help out with. Im not sure if theres a way to make the difficulty and loot scale based on how many people are on the agro list? and say after 10 seconds, it locks the hate list so no one else can agro, or just wait til its almost dead to engage and cheat the system? I wouldnt know how much work something like that would require or if its even possible, but it would be cool in my opinion.

@Binsin No way, we are killing all the adepts and it's mostly without any adept toons. We pretty much lvled an army of our own adept killers lol I personally have a war/mnk/wiz/clr/sk all 30+ we use for kills(and doing the MQ 4 times this week sucked). We just hit 35 and haven't found one yet we can't 3man/6toons kill legit. I don't know which ones fuwok made but miner/cyclonus probably the only 2 we will need more than 1 group for and that's mostly because banish/charm mechanics that make small crews risky, the right 6man can probably do miner with luck, we will be trying it soon but I'm sure we could with 4 people/8 toons. You don't always need 2 groups, you just need exped/auged and well played toons :) also strats...

Thanks for the new adepts Rymy! I can't wait till we hit 47 and can start on them. I think they are the most fun thing in this game and I really like the challenge. Personally I think the entire sub t7ish content should be revamped into max lvl 60-64 adept raids. Remove 95% of the trash, rescale the fights for 12 lvl 60s and redo the gear(expable and actually better than iksith droppables) so by the time people hit 65 they are fully AA and t8ish geared, no ringers! If there was a solid line of adept progression rerolling on this server would be a fun/viable thing to do, t1-8 progression without ringers would make it all relevant again. Messes up Vah and a lot of other quest I'm sure though, and these toons would be going into t8+ with no charms and have a ton of quest to do to catch up but at least they could duo/farm decently unlike most fresh 65s. Maybe droppable charms like crate has but actually good could solve that? Also a potential route to earn relic/archaics so you can have them when you ding 65 but don't have them to use for the adepts at 64.

I've heard rumors that these new adepts are hard but their loot makes it worth doing.(I know nothing so don't ban me) but I'm excited to find out!
If you end up making more be sure they are all 50s+ I don't want to have to reroll something to kill a new one lol

@Binsin No way, we are killing all the adepts and it's mostly without any adept toons. We pretty much lvled an army of our own adept killers lol I personally have a war/mnk/wiz/clr/sk all 30+ we use for kills(and doing the MQ 4 times this week sucked). We just hit 35 and haven't found one yet we can't 3man/6toons kill legit. I don't know which ones fuwok made but miner/cyclonus probably the only 2 we will need more than 1 group for and that's mostly because banish/charm mechanics that make small crews risky, the right 6man can probably do miner with luck, we will be trying it soon but I'm sure we could with 4 people/8 toons. You don't always need 2 groups, you just need exped/auged and well played toons :) also strats...

Thanks for the new adepts Rymy! I can't wait till we hit 47 and can start on them. I think they are the most fun thing in this game and I really like the challenge. Personally I think the entire sub t7ish content should be revamped into max lvl 60-64 adept raids. Remove 95% of the trash, rescale the fights for 12 lvl 60s and redo the gear(expable and actually better than iksith droppables) so by the time people hit 65 they are fully AA and t8ish geared, no ringers! If there was a solid line of adept progression rerolling on this server would be a fun/viable thing to do, t1-8 progression without ringers would make it all relevant again. Messes up Vah and a lot of other quest I'm sure though, and these toons would be going into t8+ with no charms and have a ton of quest to do to catch up but at least they could duo/farm decently unlike most fresh 65s. Maybe droppable charms like crate has but actually good could solve that? Also a potential route to earn relic/archaics so you can have them when you ding 65 but don't have them to use for the adepts at 64.

I've heard rumors that these new adepts are hard but their loot makes it worth doing.(I know nothing so don't ban me) but I'm excited to find out!
If you end up making more be sure they are all 50s+ I don't want to have to reroll something to kill a new one lol
Who are you in game? I'm Viserion, speckly, couple others. Would love to be a member of your adept group if you don't mind. I've done miner once but looking to do cyclonus and these new ones too

They're up. Let me know if there are issues with them. I'm not entirely sure on the difficulty of them relative to other adepts. They might be slightly more strategy intensive based on the adept events I compared them to.

Last edited:
Who are you in game? I'm Viserion, speckly, couple others. Would love to be a member of your adept group if you don't mind. I've done miner once but looking to do cyclonus and these new ones too

Beedy / Scorche / Pawkit

Also Rymy the ultimate adept loot is an All/All evac clicker lol, I think it's the one thing that will make everyone reroll

Personally I think the entire sub t7ish content should be revamped into max lvl 60-64 adept raids. Remove 95% of the trash, rescale the fights for 12 lvl 60s and redo the gear(expable and actually better than iksith droppables) so by the time people hit 65 they are fully AA and t8ish geared, no ringers! If there was a solid line of adept progression rerolling on this server would be a fun/viable thing to do, t1-8 progression without ringers would make it all relevant again.

I agree with the theory behind this. Right now the server is essentially:
Adepts -> _____ -> T7 + raiding.
Where the blank space is essentially 90% backgearing characters that have no business except to loot stuff into T7+ raids. I agree that this should be a smoother transition whether it be changing the current T1-7 content or just adding better options in this tier. It's part of my longer term plan. Where I disagree is that it should be 60-64 adepts, excluding 65 characters.

P.S. met know if you're trying these new adepts. If I'm around I'd like to watch as balancing adept mob difficulty isn't something I have much experience in.

I agree with the theory behind this. Right now the server is essentially:
Adepts -> _____ -> T7 + raiding.
Where the blank space is essentially 90% backgearing characters that have no business except to loot stuff into T7+ raids. I agree that this should be a smoother transition whether it be changing the current T1-7 content or just adding better options in this tier. It's part of my longer term plan. Where I disagree is that it should be 60-64 adepts, excluding 65 characters.

P.S. met know if you're trying these new adepts. If I'm around I'd like to watch as balancing adept mob difficulty isn't something I have much experience in.

#Rymy4Dev-Admin

Back
Top Bottom