Adepts released Saturday evening (9-15-2018)

you already have bounty to cover 55-65 tier content up to t8 power.

This is true, but in order to take a bounty item up to the hypothetical t8 power it could take almost 30 days for one item, fully augged. That's not to mention some of the rank 3 bounties are super difficult for an introductory 55-65 to do, regardless if they have a big group of same-tier players to help.

I've been in discussions about wiping the original t1-7 content and converting it into something a little more proactive, like what was mentioned earlier. I believe the planar zones (water, earth, fire, air, etc.) as well as the giant/dragon zones, should remain pretty close to what it is now. There's a lot of raid zones with lore involved that probably can't be changed too harshly. Instead, make everything else either a glorified EXP zone with BoE's (my least favorite), or make them geared towards a smaller number of people (6-12-adept style content). To completely re-itemize dozens of mobs and zones is such a huge undertaking and just wouldn't hold up. Tiers in itself, also being an opinion-based system, makes the whole thing a little weird to begin with.

I agree with the theory behind this. Right now the server is essentially:
Adepts -> _____ -> T7 + raiding.
Where the blank space is essentially 90% backgearing characters that have no business except to loot stuff into T7+ raids. I agree that this should be a smoother transition whether it be changing the current T1-7 content or just adding better options in this tier. It's part of my longer term plan. Where I disagree is that it should be 60-64 adepts, excluding 65 characters.

P.S. met know if you're trying these new adepts. If I'm around I'd like to watch as balancing adept mob difficulty isn't something I have much experience in.

Will disc you when we go for the new ones!

The reason I was thinking adepts for this is the ringer problem. It's hard to justify better loots on t1-7 mobs if t14 people can come 1 group it for an alt, that also makes people trying to climb tiers have to compete with the people at the top wanting alt loots, I don't think SoD will ever have an inclusive tiered raid experience as long as ringers+alts can do all the content. If it's on adepts the people will have to earn it on the character themselves and it would be a struggle so it would be ok for them to earn t7+ loot and then ding 65 and start exping tomes/ their high level adept gear. That was my thoughts but I'm really excited to hear you've got a plan and are wanting to work on this! A fleshed out 6 and/or 12 man progression route made of revamped t1-6 zones could also potentially be a great fix. Thanks for reading my ideas, hope they inspire you to keep making awesome things!

PS Rymy for Dev-Admin. I love his vision for the server.

New 65 was the biggest stumbling block for me, I quit/took breaks three times due to not being able to get a foot hold on post 65 content. One of the times was with a small group of people who were outfitted from adepts, but couldn't touch the low end raid content without more numbers. I'm happy you are looking at solutions to this!

As someone who partially geared a character in rank 3 bounty gear I'm of the opinion it takes way too long to make it. Sure yes it's an avenue that doesn't require raiding and you can do all the bounties in a couple hours once you know what you're doing (and a bit faster if you have a porter) but chances are a fresh character is gonna need a bit more help than just their duo to do it and it's replaced by basically anything at tower of tarhyl level up outside of maybe the bracers since they have some gross raw stats on them (but bad procs). The focus effects aren't really T8 either because you could easily have access to 7s and they lack elemental focuses too. Bard instrument mods there are trash also.

It's a nice stopgap and I'm glad it's in but I would consider it more of a 'I have terrible luck getting x item so I'll make this' versus 'gear yourself fully and be ready to raid' from it.

Lv 47 adept

XJhvnIh.png

<Dalayan Intermediates> Conquered the turtle!

Back
Top Bottom