Thazeran, The Great Guardian (Two Tower) Kill Video

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
**SPOILERS** of the Thazeran encounter are below as the title would imply, continue at your own risk **SPOILERS**

Hi, here's a video of <Loot Associates> killing Thazeran, The Great Guardian with the Fire and Air towers left up. Each tower left up adds a new mechanic to the fight as well as extending the final phase by 15 seconds.

If you want to see what lies at the top of the steps, you'll have to do the encounter for yourself!

Cool Thaz vid, thanks for sharing.

Curiously, does LA have progression targets left to conquer? I noticed Emzur had archived VZ on the wiki.

Curiously, does LA have progression targets left to conquer? I noticed Emzur had archived VZ on the wiki.

I think that's because VZ is no longer accessible to even try. I could be wrong though.
I think they have 4 tower thaz left and just waiting for Silent Halls to drop. Light a candle for Rymy's zone...

I remember attempts on VZ. It always seemed extra super impossible at the available character power level. Like, enough that it really shouldn’t even count as a progression target short of someone who knows the fight letting us know better. Maybe Marza had something cool hidden and it is/was doable, but it makes sense to me that they might want it to be on par with the end of Ikisith (the second half, mind you).

My curiosity after watching the video is over whether or not it’s worth trying to have Fortune Favors the Diverse get you more delicious loot.

There's still another difficulty of Thaz we haven't beaten. Currently the way Thaz is designed as Tev mentioned, is based upon how many wing bosses (minis excluded) are alive Thaz adds a different mechanic to the fight and extends the fight by quite a bit. This is why it's labeled "Two-Tower," since two wings were up.
We've beaten 1-3 towers, however if all 4 towers are alive there's one mechanic from each wing plus an additional mechanic which, for the sake of spoilers, makes it very unbox-friendly. So technically this is still a progression target, but definitely our last until/if Silent Halls is released.
On that note, I'm sure we'd still be entertaining some new faces on key classes if they'd be willing to wall-bash heads for a few nights when we attempt this. Hit us up. A few of us, myself included, have been boxing most Thaz kills recently.

But yes, currently VZ and hardmode BW were removed from the game so those are no longer targets. The VZ trash doesn't even spawn after Taesh, and the shackles don't spawn during BW attempts any more.

We have gotten diversity loot before but due to the way the mechanics of the fight work and class balance it's pretty hard to trip the code due to wanting 3 wizards and 3 clerics. Ideally you also want 2 bards and we usually have 2-3 rangers which also throws a wrench in it.

Actually I'm not sure that was diversity but just the bonus from 3 tower, whoops. Either way it's probably not happening if it does at our current levels.

Back
Top Bottom