A few things to look into..

Paxit

Dalayan Elder
First off me , my guild and I am sure many others would like to thank all Dev's that contributed and the ones that still do to the content of SoD and the staff for keeping this server going through many years of volunteer work. Thank you !

A few things to look into to make the game better.

Gate necks, im sure many who have played for awile have obtained many gate necks and it is taking up a considerable amount of bank/bag space. I have at least 2 bags if not more for just gate devices. the question I pose is it possible to make some sort of summoned pet kinda like the unfolding portal that could receive or store these gate type items ? Perhaps even better to keyring style them (allowing us to destroy them like keys) and be a hail prompt to the pet to gate to that location.

Blessed zone XP, A good feature that has been around awile now and tested to work well. Is it possible to expand this feature to cover bane types ie. blessed undead xp , blessed chaotic xp , etc ?

Mighty foe xp bonus, This Is a big what if but I have been thinking of ways to get players back into a wider variety of NOT just doing higher tier content. One possible route is to tag a fame reward onto mighty foe xp bonus like scaling to the power/tier of the mob/adepts with a possibilty of transfering fame to an existing toon if they so choose at some point. As far as how to implement that im not sure but I do feel that the fame system is greatly underused and many long time players deserve a chance at some of those rewards. If its possible to do maybe a trial run of it during the account drive might be a good way to see if it works to revive the low to mid tier community.

Probably a few more things to look at but I dont want this post to get too lengthy. Weigh in on your thoughts on this SoD players and please keep it civil and constructive.

Last edited:
The Mighty foe bonus was being considered to be used back when the revamp of CoP was happening. You can see it in this thread here: https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/codex-of-power-revamp.28049/

Alternatively, another idea to welfare the 20% is to put it into actually killing things. Utilizing the new "hard event" flag we used to give boss mobs experience bonuses, we have each new boss mob killed increase your overall power by some increment up to 20%. This way, players will get their old CoPower increase slowly as they kill more and more difficult mobs.

I've always thought killing a wide range of mobs was cool and fun and I think utilizing the flag that's already there for something would be a great idea.

The argument against stacking gate necks has usually been that the 'cost' of having the gate neck is the bank space. While I agree with that thought somewhat, as the game progresses and there are more and more quests, keys, alternate loots, etc. There will come a point where getting gate necks will almost be a character 'nerf', or at least a tough decision. I already have such limited bank space that even though I qualify for a few gate necks I haven't done the last step to get them because of the bank space they'd take. Finding a way to put even a couple onto a keying or something (maybe just city ones, and not like the Ikkisith or prison ones perhaps?) would be an appreciated improvement.

Back
Top Bottom