What's Cole Working on [as of 2020-3-5]

See here, he admits other players can do what he cannot, he just complains about it being "not fun and we don't like to box so we will never do progression content"

Unless you only have 9 players not EVERYONE has to box...
As I said before, boxing is a part of this game from day 1 and always will be, if you don't like it... why are you playing this game? Serious question...

Maybe drop all those boxes and merge with that other another struggling guild(s)? Or is being shitty at boxing and never progressing better than the ego hit of having to play with others?

Make anyone but the 3 people playing Clerics box? Whoa...

See above. And you stopped playing when your guild died cause your GM got banned... but calling the Admins know-it-alls that have no idea how to treat people is accurate I suppose.

And I understand what opinions are. Try to understand that opinions can also be wrong no matter how much someone believes in them and the point of discussion, particularly in online forums is to share ideas and change opinions. People have come in, "skimmed" a thread and post the same knee-jerk reaction "the community" only to have plenty of people point out how wrong it is, shitposting your opinion thats already been posted and disproven isn't covered by "but its muh opinion herp durp" excuse, it's just a distraction from the real discussion and annoying to have to correct every time it comes up, which is why I said go READ the whole thread and the other thread(s) where the same opinion has been posted and debated already, you're not adding anything to the discussion, it's not an original thought, it's not even a defendable opinion or if it is no one has stood up to be its champion... by all means, try it.

If you think the "community" is the problem, prove it, otherwise its a baseless opinion that myself and others have poked several holes in and no one has replied to, argue your opinion with logical points but don't think every opinion deserves respect when its just another uninformed binsin showing up and spouting off the same drivel. If myself or others are short and "treating others badly" I would point out that jumping into a conversation mid way and having no idea what has been said and repeating what has already been said is much ruder, but thats just MY opinion.
Actually wit I can box fairly okay, not everyone can though. Some people one of my guildys has super bad internet and we joke he gets his packets by pony express. He's a solid player but boxing and his net don't mix well.

You draw a lot of conclusions from nothing and need to calm down, youre raging pretty hard on here.

Ok could you go ahead and explain to me how T10+ players as a community are killing this game and what you think they could do to save it?
Since you are incapable of reading, ill try to use bigger letters for you to understand what exactly I said. Because I did not say T10+ players are ruining the game. I didnt say new players need to be babysat and have their hand held by the endgame players. what i said, word for word was

If this server is to survive, it needs to ignore the crybaby endgame players and start listening to new players who join and their feedback about the early game and how to make that better. Once this server can start retaining the newer players, the population can start to grow.

This is a server of 90% people who have played for years and 10% newer players. The people who have played for years arnt going anywhere, there are people who play this game who have killed the same T9-11 content for 6+ years. people complain about a lack of bodies to do the T12+ content, cant meet 18 man raid expectations, population isnt big enough, ect. If the staff stops catering to the end game players who do nothing but bitch and complain about almost anything and everything they can, and instead tried to make the game not as aids for people who are basically stuck boxing from level 1-55+ before they can play the game with other players, then, and only then, can the population grow and people can get the bodies they need for 18 man raids. Is that going to happen overnight? Nope. Will there still be cases of people boxing on raids? Probably.

Let me know if you failed to understand something as simple as that and I will grab my crayons and attempt an even simpler explanation.

I like whoever Wit is. And i'm slowly starting to feel like it's time for the retirement home. Thaz is going to become the new ok'tar before long at this rate (I HATE BROWN WALLS!)

Wit dude needs to take a chill pill ffs these are only suggestions and they arent based on shit theory but actual gameplay over the last 9 years at tier 1-12 and intended to help newer players not so much us or eternity ! We do kill abyss new side just havent killed egg sac yet , also done a few bloodstorm mobs , steelhorn and geomancer. Glad to see any dev working on this game Thanks dev-cole.

If the staff stops catering to the end game players who do nothing but bitch and complain about almost anything and everything they can, and instead tried to make the game not as aids for people who are basically stuck boxing from level 1-55+ before they can play the game with other players, then, and only then, can the population grow and people can get the bodies they need for 18 man raids.

You mean like this thread we are currently in? or perhaps: https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/attracting-new-players-keep-them-playing.30832/

These are the "End game players that do nothing but bitch" you speak of? The ones posting threads full of suggestions for fixing the game FOR NEW PLAYERS. We bitch because we WANT THINGS CHANGED but we DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO DO ANYTHING, why? Because the problem isn't the community, it's the fundamental design of the game and thats only fixable by the staff. Nothing any player does will fix the server, so you doing nothing but bitching about the community is just shitposting and derailing the threads that might actually cause the change you so desperately want.

You are one of the end game players that does nothing but bitch, you are what you hate and you're only making it harder for people who get it to express ideas that matter. You are contributing nothing. Go start a religion if you want to improve the community but if you actually like the server and want it to recover, do us all a favor and shut up.

Let me know if you failed to understand something as simple as that and I will grab my crayons and attempt an even simpler explanation.

I'm sure the irony will be lost on you. Try not posting again till you get it.

P.S. I bolded some words to help you focus in your skimming, you illiterate.

Wit dude needs to take a chill pill ffs these are only suggestions

All you've suggested is that movement fights should be removed because they are too hard.

and they arent based on shit theory but actual gameplay over the last 9 years at tier 1-12 and intended to help newer players not so much us or eternity ! We do kill abyss new side just havent killed egg sac yet , also done a few bloodstorm mobs , steelhorn and geomancer.

I've no idea how you not learning how to move and play in raid encounters for over 9 years and 12 tiers has anything to do with this but your suggestion was bad, you should let it go, movement will always be part of raid fights in MMOs, just walk away(It's the down arrow on your keyboard, I know you struggle with that).

I won't lie, it kind of is a telling move but unless this server can somehow start growing again something like this is likely needed though. Also no matter what solution there is to the problem we are talking about is going to require a lot of work in some way. A lot of people would actually (and do) enjoy 12 man content though, I am certain about that, and it is a more fitting raid size for the current population.

Yup. I personally like 6 and 12 mans the most, but they bring class balance into sharp focus, making mage/necro/shm/dru/bst/pally on par would have to be part of the changes, and that seems harder than just building a few bridges from lvl 57->t10 and would do nothing to alleviate the exp/charm farm problem, its life support till it dies rather than surgery to try and fix things, either way beats what we have now I guess.

this thread is full of people who don't even play, talking about how bad and dead the game is. all that really needs to happen is lessening the grind so that driven players can actually join in on high tier raiding in a reasonable amount of time.

One way to lessen the grind is increasing the number of loots bosses can drop on the lower tiers (lets be honest, T1-T9 content is only really killed now for back-gearing for ancients/relics, specific clickies, or quest driven). This would help alleviate when guilds need to back-gear a player by having to do less "focused raiding" to get the player up to tier gear wise.

Better global loot would also be nice, since most are laughable even at tier. A better drop rate would also be nice, so that players moving up can at least see multiple pieces before they out-level the range.

Easier or alternate way for players to get relics. Ancient spells aren't really an issue, I've farmed quite a few just boxing my druid/ranger, but relics can be a pain in the ass to acquire. Upping the chance of bosses dropping relics would be welcome, or adding in a specific boss or two that drop only multiple relics would be awesome. Could also make the ancient/relic/tome guy sell relics, since he's sure bought his fair share by now...

Lessening the AA grind by allowing AA points to be purchased by some means, Thurg tokens, random city quests, etc, that can be accomplished by tier 1 sub 200 AA players to help speed them up to enter tomes.

Upping the simple map drop rate and add in Treasure Hunters (like Bounty Hunting) that collect tokens or armor from chests and have gear to purchase.

Last edited:
Any word on a 4th outdoor monster to go with kraken, spider and bird?
seeing as fuwok and i came up with those mobs and the accompanying quest, likely never. last i heard, fuwok had just quit and rymy had asked him where he left the outdoor series. fuwok told him to talk to me as he wanted nothing to do with this game anymore and i gave rymy the design docs we were working on. im surprised to read the otheres are even still in the game to be honest, given how everything went down. its really too bad because the finale to that quest was amazing, would have really shaken up the end game.

im sure those docs are flying around somewhere in staff forum. knock yourself out dev-cole... good luck...

Ultimately the decision is: "Do I work on cool stuff I thought up and enjoy, or someone else's stuff".

Its also easy to say "This new quest requires these three existing and unused items"

Destroy at your own risk

i ne
seeing as fuwok and i came up with those mobs and the accompanying quest, likely never. last i heard, fuwok had just quit and rymy had asked him where he left the outdoor series. fuwok told him to talk to me as he wanted nothing to do with this game anymore and i gave rymy the design docs we were working on. im surprised to read the otheres are even still in the game to be honest, given how everything went down. its really too bad because the finale to that quest was amazing, would have really shaken up the end game.

im sure those docs are flying around somewhere in staff forum. knock yourself out dev-cole... good luck...
never knew you had a nack for development jontran thats awesome

i ne

never knew you had a nack for development jontran thats awesome

I wouldn't go that far. I had one idea that sounded kewl which turned into a discussion that became a fanfic about making something fun that actually got made. Fuwok did all the work obviously. It's not hard to say how something should work. I was constantly amazed that more open world monsters just kept showing up. Was crazy surreal

I wouldn't go that far. I had one idea that sounded kewl which turned into a discussion that became a fanfic about making something fun that actually got made. Fuwok did all the work obviously. It's not hard to say how something should work. I was constantly amazed that more open world monsters just kept showing up. Was crazy surreal
Ya Binsin has given me some neat idea,s (and some bad ones XD). I learned to listen to my community but im a much smaller project so its easier. Shards is pretty amazing. i would love to play it again.

Weekly Update.

-I may or may not post weekly updates.
-My previously mentioned 18-man raid tier 13 encounters may or may not be shifted to 12-man encounters once they are released.

In some instances of thought, Lake of Ill Omen may be considered an enormous zone, therefore, I may have divided the zone into 'biomes'. Updates will center around one of these.

-Eastern River
-Center Lake
-Lake Shores
-Shore Ruins
-Southeast Region
-Southwest Fortress
-Western Valley
-Northwest Tunnels
-Northeast Region
-Northeast Fortress

Easter River area was completed two weeks ago, hosting 50 entities, 4 mob types, # named, # quest(s), and at least 8 pieces of equipment.

Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:
Weekly Update.

Tinkering may or may not see several new component drops and access to several new recipes. I'm also contemplating an alternate method to increase accessibility to a larger player base. Tested two of the known un-craftable items, very interesting and something everyone would enjoy.

Center Lake was 95% populated last week, featuring about 210 entities and 4 mob types.

giphy.gif

Enjoy

Last edited:
Weekly Update.

Tinkering may or may not see several new component drops and access to several new recipes. I'm also contemplating an alternate method to increase accessibility to a larger player base. Tested two of the known un-craftable items, very interesting and something everyone would enjoy.

Center Lake was 95% populated last week, featuring about 210 entities and 4 mob types.

giphy.gif

Enjoy
An alternate path to start tinkering? I hope so, Ive gotten as far as I could in scrapheap solo/duo and its proving near impossible to get anyone to go to scrapheap to help with the quest.

That said every update on your zone has looked interesting, cant wait to go there.

Last edited:
If there was an easier method of getting Tinkering started, it would pretty much make Scrapheap entirely irrelevant. All of the quest content in Scrapheap is soloable, with the exception of the fights. If the fights were tuned down to be soloable, that would make it a pretty easy to accomplish without having to make separate things. Alternatively, if there was an additional reward to completing the scrapheap quest-line to keep it relevant, like maybe a grab-bag from the vendor that works kinda like OG bags where you click it for like 5 charges and it gives you some random mats, that might help. Either way I think making Scrapheap irrelevant would be a waste, but the entry requirements for Tinkering are a bit high. Since Tinkering is supposed to be a capstone tradeskill of sorts, making it have entry reqs makes sense, but since its a tradeskill it should probably be soloable, like pretty much every other tradeskill thing.

If there was an easier method of getting Tinkering started, it would pretty much make Scrapheap entirely irrelevant. All of the quest content in Scrapheap is soloable, with the exception of the fights. If the fights were tuned down to be soloable, that would make it a pretty easy to accomplish without having to make separate things. Alternatively, if there was an additional reward to completing the scrapheap quest-line to keep it relevant, like maybe a grab-bag from the vendor that works kinda like OG bags where you click it for like 5 charges and it gives you some random mats, that might help. Either way I think making Scrapheap irrelevant would be a waste, but the entry requirements for Tinkering are a bit high. Since Tinkering is supposed to be a capstone tradeskill of sorts, making it have entry reqs makes sense, but since its a tradeskill it should probably be soloable, like pretty much every other tradeskill thing.
Probably wont be able to update scrapheap or the original quest since its slaar's content.

Even if Dev-Cole introduced a more accessible path I would wager scrapheap would see just as much foot traffic and be just as relevant as it sees and is now. The only reason to ever go there is the quest, the exp is bad, plat drops are below even low lvl newbie content, no opus or regular tomes, and the only thing that drops boe's is a 6man monster that takes way more effort than its worth for anyone not doing the quest to kill.

To my knowledge only 3 people have completed the quest (I know of two people, have only heard theres a 3rd) and only 3 other's interested in doing it that I know of and that includes myself.

One person hasnt started and is waiting for a full walk through, another pretty sure they're quest is bugged (they have the gizmo but it doesnt emote when they engage the yellow con), and myself who pretty much abandoned the quest because theres no motivation for anyone else to go there (see first paragraph for the reasons why no one wants to go).

All in all Im looking forward to Dev-coles content.

Last edited:
As far I know only Skaoli, Braas, and Marthog have actually completed it and Skaoli had to have Supreme or someone root around in there and fix parts of the quest for him. Relvos is in some vague spot close to the end I believe too.

Easiest solution would be to just make the box buyable at an outrageous price since from everything I've heard scrap heap has a lot of problems that don't seem too easy to fix. Or if there's an alternative in LOIO added.

Back
Top Bottom