Opus rarity, recent change.

I've had way too many opus drop for me in FR within the last two weeks - it's called RNG. I may have stolen your luck.

I also went through quite a period in PL and Ember before these "changes" where I couldn't buy a drop. Just kind of happens

I've had way too many opus drop for me in FR within the last two weeks - it's called RNG. I may have stolen your luck.

I also went through quite a period in PL and Ember before these "changes" where I couldn't buy a drop. Just kind of happens
Just odd really, tears for example needs to have its spot on the wiki swapped, definitely not group 2. I killed easily over 15 hours in total over time little over 100 monsters per hour (probably closer to 20 hours) and not a single ph gem or opus.

It just seems odd that the only possibility is that at min a dozen people had consistently good luck for 6 months and those same people are now having incredibly bad luck at the same time.

Last edited:
They must have forgotten to change the drop rate in FR.
Depends on what you are killing.

The first two castles had a good chance of producing 1-3 per clear if cleared before repops (Im guessing you are) blood fires, only clearing about 3/4ths of them was producing 1-2 almost everytime.

If you were there for anything longer than 2 hours clearing all 3 camps and on got 4, thats lower than what Ive gotten in the past there.

Also brao/mannie was there recently clearing all three for iirc he said 4-5 hours and not one. Ive also farmed first castle there and have come up empty handed where in the past 1-4 clears of first castle would be almost guaranteed.

I did one Bloodfire clear last week and got 2 opus in the 25ish bloodfires I killed. RNG is RNG.

They were opus of bodily resist 1 and 2 so don't call me lucky.

[Fri Dec 14 13:06:28 2018] You have entered The Overgrowth.
[Fri Dec 14 13:21:51 2018] You have slain a sproutari sage!
[Fri Dec 14 13:23:04 2018] --Emzur has looted a Opus of Flame Mastery I.--

Let's not concentrate on the fact that it took me over a minute to loot the opus, but rather that it took me 17 minutes to get one to drop.

[Fri Dec 14 13:06:28 2018] You have entered The Overgrowth.
[Fri Dec 14 13:21:51 2018] You have slain a sproutari sage!
[Fri Dec 14 13:23:04 2018] --Emzur has looted a Opus of Flame Mastery I.--

Let's not concentrate on the fact that it took me over a minute to loot the opus, but rather that it took me 17 minutes to get one to drop.
You cant tell me though it doesnt seem odd to go 6 solid months of consistency to the point of predictable to all of a sudden literally nothing for coming up to 1.5 months, thousands of kills and completing 4.42 tomes without a single opus drop. Thing is its not just me or 2 or 3 people, and it all came about the same time.

Thats what comes off as odd.

When something goes from being consistent for 6 months and is no longer happening at anywhere near the same rate its not asking for much to have it looked into or asking if anything changed. Its certainly not warrented for non staff to then get on people for asking for it to be looked into or to ask if anything changed.

Rymy did say they didn't change anything but that doesnt mean it was looked into, things have broken in the past without staff knowing and wasn't fixed until it was brought to their attention.

Again its really not asking much for it to be looked into and no one really has a place to tell anyone they cant question it unless they are staff and have looked into it.

Last edited:
You know what I’ve noticed and haven’t posted about? I’ve seen a lot more opus drop for me than before and before when it was shit and I spent hours farming I didn’t complain. It was just a really bad roll of the dice I’ve gotten really lucky recently because I was eventually due to have something go my way.

“Do you have any more of these shoes in the back?”

“I’m sorry, everything we have is on the floor.” - employee who lives and breathes their job

“Can you check the back (to see if any magic occurred)?”

Note: I’ll delete Skaoli if rates were lowered.

You know what I’ve noticed and haven’t posted about? I’ve seen a lot more opus drop for me than before and before when it was shit and I spent hours farming I didn’t complain. It was just a really bad roll of the dice I’ve gotten really lucky recently because I was eventually due to have something go my way.

“Do you have any more of these shoes in the back?”

“I’m sorry, everything we have is on the floor.” - employee who lives and breathes their job

“Can you check the back (to see if any magic occurred)?”

Note: I’ll delete Skaoli if rates were lowered.
So you're claiming nothing has ever broken by mistake without anyone know until it was looked into? interesting.

Man I wish and a good number of other wish it was just a few hours.

Worth noting a couple of months ago Fihuh got an abnormally large number of tomes to drop in BQ and had a dev look into it to make sure it wasn't broken.

Last edited:
This thread is dumb and bad and should've stopped after the 3rd post.
To be honest a chunk of the people posting that are either shit posting or arguing just to argue could have not happened, pretty much unnecessary.

The initial poster directed it towards staff, I'm guessing if they want non-staff feed back they would have asked.

I think the problem here is that someone did look into it. When they came back with an answer that wasn't desired it was dismissed.

These alleged amount of drops you have obtained, I wish I ever even came close. I have never gotten remotely lucky with opus drops besides the last couple of weeks in FR and total has been 8. This has been hours and hours of farming and that’s before they actually WERE nerfed because the original rate was way too high. Sorry RNG has caught up to you and that staff has already said nothing has changed. I’ve had shit luck, didn’t complain, now it’s your turn. It all evens out over time. I assure you that you and the four others that have said things may have changed aren’t the only people that have farmed for opus and everyone else seems to understand what RNG is.

I'm almost positive when they adjusted the opus drops a few months back they also nerfed jyre drop rate. I havn't killed it in a while but now that knights are going to be the best tank i have to get one for my paladin since my warrior is no longer playable. Please look into this before i waste my time killing a mob that doesn't drop exactly what i want.

Back
Top Bottom