3rd Beastlord tome idea.

Snake

Dalayan Elder
As so many other DPS classes who use mana for DPS and just rely on FT and JB ect. to regain mana (aka no class tomes to help mana issues), Beastlords end up oom really fast in exp groups ect.

The two current Class tomes have a theme with the pet performing better if; A - The Beastlord spends mana, and B - If the Master is more hurt than the Pet, the Pet will become more agressive (do more crits).

There is also a theme of 15 - 30 - 45 and 60%.

The idea is, to have kick proc Cannibalize 4 (or similar), at 15, 30, 45 and 60% respectively.
Slot 1: Decrease Hit Points by 148
Slot 2: Increase Current Mana by 81

The reason to bind it to kick, is to be able to "turn it on and off". For example if it happent on say pet crits, gain 10 mana for 20 life for example, and it just happened automaticly, well no more CC for Beastlords, and probably other problems too.

The self hurting mechanic of Cannibalize also playes well in to both the Shaman legacy of the Beastlord, but also in to the 2 current class tomes, as the pet likes the caster to cast lots of spells, and when the caster is hurt, it does more damage. Mega synergy :)

Last edited:
The idea is cool, but the numbers presented here would at the 4th book give beastlords apx 10ft overcap which feels like too much.

10 FT? as in 10 mana every 6 seconds? That seems a bit weak to be honest, didn't realize my idea was that weak...
But these are the "minor" details, that I'm sure the Devs have a better understanding of.

Looking at the new Druid AA, that gives a button, perhaps thats the way to go instead.
So instead of using Kick, there could be a new (alternative) button, Bodyslam, or something less dumb, thats on same CD as kick, uses the BP, doing a 1 hit attack, that if it lands, does a Cannabalize effect (that the devs should balance) and a chance to proc the BP, based on the BPs effect and % rate.

I don't know, first day at work, 0 sleep, probably not perfect timing to come up with ideas...

If anyone have a clearer mind, please build on this :)

you could give beastlords and rangers unlimited mana and neither of those classes damage would be too strong because of it. Running oom 7 minutes into an exp group isn't fun, and relying on a necro to feed mana is only effective in a handful of zones.

Anything to significantly improve hybrid classes mana sustain would be a good change imo.

We had a conversation about increasing out of combat regeneration to decrease raid wait times and aid exp groups. I forgot about this, but can bring it up again. I suggested an exponential regeneration so that the longer you are out of combat the faster your resources regenerate. The focus at the moment is HP bars updates, so I cannot promise anything other than a mention.

We had a conversation about increasing out of combat regeneration to decrease raid wait times and aid exp groups. I forgot about this, but can bring it up again. I suggested an exponential regeneration so that the longer you are out of combat the faster your resources regenerate. The focus at the moment is HP bars updates, so I cannot promise anything other than a mention.
For the love it god yes

One of the best posts I've seen tbh. When I was streaming our early upper Thaz clears and Thaz himself attempts I was getting quite a bit of people stopping in just to check out the game, but retaining was difficult having to sit around and wait so much.

If and when this gets looked into, it would be much appreciated if exhaust timers from stances can also get a second look. Taking at least 15 mins just to start regenning stamina makes my ranger a sad pup. Logging off does not decrease this timer either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom