Another chance to earn fame for a good web developer

Rymy

Developer
Staff member
In further preparation for an account drive (no I don't know exactly when it will be) we're looking to give our website a much needed makeover. If you're a serious webdev and have enough time/dedication send me a PM with some examples of anything you've done. Not sure of the fame amount but it should be comparable to the SoD video promotion contest.

In further preparation for an account drive (no I don't know exactly when it will be) we're looking to give our website a much needed makeover. If you're a serious webdev and have enough time/dedication send me a PM with some examples of anything you've done. Not sure of the fame amount but it should be comparable to the SoD video promotion contest.

I'll make you a cool website with a webring , gifs, and a cool marquee... interested?
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160302070347/http://www.vintagesod.com

thank you for your consideration!

^ same here except i'm a only a lowly computer science enthusiast
i also work on the wiki a bit but outside of that i still want to fix the fomelo

I just want to mention the monk XP problem as something else that might be a good idea to look at. We would lose xp all the time to assistance penalty from the monk FDing to drop agro back on the tank. It was frustrating for everyone involved as we were leveling up. I think this may lower player retention when anyone in the party plays a monk.

Maybe you could post the code for xp gain on the forum so we could take a look at it?

That's a feature not a bug. As far as I understand, it was put in place to prevent powerleveling by having a monk almost kill something then flop for the last sliver.

Power leveling is not what I am talking about. It's fine to give xp penalties for that. This is the problem. A group of lvl 30 players consisting of a monk, pal, enc, and druid will get a lot of xp penalty as they are leveling up together. The monk has three choices. Tank the mob, do less damage, or flop and give xp penalty. None of these choices are good and it's how I experienced leveling. IMO a monk of equal level in the group should be able to flop to drop agro back on the tank without killing the group's xp. It seems like a basic ability for the class to me, but it's penalised very harshly.

I understood what you were saying. That is the experience of a monk at any level in an exp group; was just explaing that it was added intentionally at some point. Yes it would be nice if it was gone, though probably should be its own thread in a different forum.

I feel that removing the FD penalty entirely would be best. Currently there are better ways to power level a character if that is what you want to do. Why is this still in the game?

Back
Top Bottom