Cyclonus, the Wind's Revenge

narmarratuk

Dalayan Adventurer
From having killed this adept here is some feedback I will want to present with a suggestion. This encounter can go 3 ways:
moderate: no key classes get charmed
hard: healers get charmed
broken: Main Tank gets charmed

There was one engagement the main tank got charmed 3 times in a row and killed all other 10 people in the raid. Extremely annoying and upsetting. Add on top of that the 4 to 6 roaming adds you get in the encounter it is mega broken.

My suggestion: remove Main tank from charm list

I think by just doing that will alleviate some the frustration for this encounter.

yeah, we had that too, a paladin, my war ate through him like if he was paper....had also a monk that could tank...

That's your problem right there lol
Stacking healers with a slower also makes this fight much easier
But the only thing to stop one OP war is a second equally OP war, we always brought 2
Well, I killed this guy more than 6 times (and also take claim first time kill on it), so I know what I am talking about. It really is a luck fight that 1) your key classes (clerics and tanks) do not get charmed and 2) you do not get roamer adds like giants and griphons distracting people. Any other strategy past luck is overthinking it.

I have little experience with the fight, but the charm Cyclonus casts can be resisted.

Feel free to borrow communityWAR39 (Grinstranolus) to serve as the main tank. He may have outdated gear, but he has nearly 500 unbuffed MR and should resist the charm 100% of the time. Bonus points if you use communityCLR39 (Grinaela), who has a good chance of resisting the charm too. They may have been made for Notus, but Cyclonus just so happens to be the same level, also uses MR-based spells, and only lives one zone away. o_O

Well, I killed this guy more than 6 times (and also take claim first time kill on it), so I know what I am talking about. It really is a luck fight that 1) your key classes (clerics and tanks) do not get charmed and 2) you do not get roamer adds like giants and griphons distracting people. Any other strategy past luck is overthinking it.

We killed him like 100 times(I wish I was joking), there are several strats, but feel free to keep rolling the dice for kills instead of using a better one. Also just kill the adds, takes a good monk/war about 5seconds and dpsing cyclonus is pretty low priority

Back
Top Bottom