Make Dalaya Great Again

Well if money is easier now than it used to be then a lot of what made things harder for new dudes to break into the game is gone. No idea why you don't see people coming to play since some EQ servers like p99 are still really popular even though classic EQ really was terrible nonsense padded out by extreme grinds. I guess it could be a problem of people not hearing of it at all. Not sure how you'd solve that.

OP seems to obsess about this idea of a server reset though. It's half of his post history.

Can I be your friend?
Lol this guy.

If you were a long term, active, and contributing part in my guild I would probably help. As is though no one has asked me for anything, I ask them if their close to eternals or supremes and if its within a reasonable range I help out. I don't farm for plat it just comes with exp and opus farming.

Why do I gift it? Easy enough, helping guild members progress helps the guild as a whole.

Last edited:
All of the gay shit people don't like would still remain, though, and you'd just get super congested raid content on top of that. Like the first reply pointed out above, when we had Peak Goon in 2010-2012 all of the things that tier was constantly down due to a network of track account using nerds in Goon Squad, and you had stuff like the quote in my sig as regular in-game and forums drama even though this case was just Solo making fun of someone who was raging out over losing a race to claim something. The game has issues of course but a server reset won't fix them. Main issue is probably platinum dollars for charms which I assume with small server population and no BOE market is probably a nightmare now. I did it with BOE selling and supplied whatever newbies were out there with a lot of good BOE gear to get 2 of my 3 character's charms.

No idea how you'd get new players in but the content in this game is really top notch (especially "more recent" higher tier stuff) and if you go piss around on classic-style EQ servers like p99 you'll easily see the difference and appreciate it. It's also probably I guess hard content too though since it seems very few other players other than the same ones who always did have killed it since I last played in 2014.

A reset would be exactly like what the first reply (the best post) suggests it would be. Not really much of a point.

Funny part about this post is we're talking about two entirely different iterations of Goon Squad but proving a point: no matter where goons go, they always manage to ruin everything.

Also yes money is slightly easier to come by due to the fact 2.5 made things vendor for more plat and tome market sort of dropping out. Where I'd easily dump like 18-20k on a good tome 2 a few years ago I wouldn't pay more than like 8k for one now. There's also the fact that opus farming means if you're looking for books you're better off doing it yourself so you keep the money. And if you can handle first ruins it's arguably the best money for your time invested and a rank 3 opus dropper at that. It's almost a running joke in LA on who's gonna hoard bloodfires for the week to farm charm money.

Funny part about this post is we're talking about two entirely different iterations of Goon Squad but proving a point: no matter where goons go, they always manage to ruin everything.

Also yes money is slightly easier to come by due to the fact 2.5 made things vendor for more plat and tome market sort of dropping out. Where I'd easily dump like 18-20k on a good tome 2 a few years ago I wouldn't pay more than like 8k for one now. There's also the fact that opus farming means if you're looking for books you're better off doing it yourself so you keep the money. And if you can handle first ruins it's arguably the best money for your time invested and a rank 3 opus dropper at that. It's almost a running joke in LA on who's gonna hoard bloodfires for the week to farm charm money.
When I get off my butt and reformat my HD, I’ll probably try to scum into this for the relaxing XP if passing on split is good enough. I miss this place and need a reason to not go play FFXIV instead. Maybe I’ll convince Taru to join me to cover playing extra boxes for LA or GS raids for the shiggles.

When I get off my butt and reformat my HD, I’ll probably try to scum into this for the relaxing XP if passing on split is good enough. I miss this place and need a reason to not go play FFXIV instead. Maybe I’ll convince Taru to join me to cover playing extra boxes for LA or GS raids for the shiggles.
post your catgirl

All of the gay shit people don't like would still remain, though, and you'd just get super congested raid content on top of that. Like the first reply pointed out above, when we had Peak Goon in 2010-2012 all of the things that tier was constantly down due to a network of track account using nerds in Goon Squad, and you had stuff like the quote in my sig as regular in-game and forums drama even though this case was just Solo making fun of someone who was raging out over losing a race to claim something. The game has issues of course but a server reset won't fix them. Main issue is probably platinum dollars for charms which I assume with small server population and no BOE market is probably a nightmare now. I did it with BOE selling and supplied whatever newbies were out there with a lot of good BOE gear to get 2 of my 3 character's charms.

The gay shit? Like corrupt devs/admins and listsold hacks, ect ? True.... BUT BUT... it'd take a long time to build up ringer accounts again.

SOD's current state for new players goes like this. GRIND by yourself, for the first couple of months. If you hit lvl65 you are faced with the following. "Uhhh hey bro, BRO... I know you like your character you made, but your useless. Do us a solid and jump on this ringer account and AFK your toon for the next year, MAYBE, MAYBE you can play your account after that".

No idea how you'd get new players in but the content in this game is really top notch

A reset would be exactly like what the first reply (the best post) suggests it would be. Not really much of a point.

Your words not mine, "no idea how to get new players", it's simple PROGRESSION SERVER Eventually... like everyone else who runs EMU EQ Servers. If people are afraid of dividing the population, You can always MERGE servers after the progression server is done, again, like other platforms have done.

Last edited:
A "progression server" wouldn't have more people wanting to play. Even someone as insufferable as you probably wouldn't play more than a few weeks. The reason people put on the rose-tinted goggles for the EQ progression servers is actual content difference between the current version of EQ where it's some kind of weird monstrosity that tried to absorb aspects of better games that came after it and content that can almost all be solo'd, and the classic version which is full of terrible grinds just to level up, but is a more social game where you don't just go rape monsters by yourself and collect loot with your mercenary NPC. This content difference wouldn't exist with a theoretical SOD progression server, since it would be the exact same content.

A "progression server" wouldn't have more people wanting to play. Even someone as insufferable as you probably wouldn't play more than a few weeks. The reason people put on the rose-tinted goggles for the EQ progression servers is actual content difference between the current version of EQ where it's some kind of weird monstrosity that tried to absorb aspects of better games that came after it and content that can almost all be solo'd, and the classic version which is full of terrible grinds just to level up, but is a more social game where you don't just go rape monsters by yourself and collect loot with your mercenary NPC. This content difference wouldn't exist with a theoretical SOD progression server, since it would be the exact same content.

mmm i feel like you don't know how to read.... if you havn't noticed my account is dated 2009, that's a decade ago, so don't assume i'll play for a few weeks.

Last edited:
honestly game just needs more people to fill out low tier areas of the game. server reset fixes that temporarily by eliminating mudflation and forcing people to do low tiers but the same problems emerge when people hit t13 again after about a year or so.

honestly game just needs more people to fill out low tier areas of the game. server reset fixes that temporarily by eliminating mudflation and forcing people to do low tiers but the same problems emerge when people hit t13 again after about a year or so.

I agree, Server reset would eventually bring in mudflation, bring the server into the same state it's in now 10~ years in the future...

This is why a PROGRESSION SERVER, with eventually a POTENTIAL SERVER MERGE, is more appealing.

This is an interesting conversation. I played SoD for a long time, but I also quit a long time ago. I still pop over to the forums or briefly log into the game every once in a while looking for some reason, any reason to put some play time in and there just isnt any. Its nice to see that 2.5 has largely overcome its bugs, but without fresh players .... its just not happening.

I dont know if a server reset is the right move, I sympathize with the people who dont want their progress wiped, especially if they're still grinding. I've been quit for years and it would still sting. SoD does need to do *something,* though, something major, something to put it back on the map and make it less impenetrable for new players. Some of you seem to be of the "do nothing" opinion, have fun with your empire of dirt.

This is an interesting conversation. I played SoD for a long time, but I also quit a long time ago. I still pop over to the forums or briefly log into the game every once in a while looking for some reason, any reason to put some play time in and there just isnt any. Its nice to see that 2.5 has largely overcome its bugs, but without fresh players .... its just not happening.

I dont know if a server reset is the right move, I sympathize with the people who dont want their progress wiped, especially if they're still grinding. I've been quit for years and it would still sting. SoD does need to do *something,* though, something major, something to put it back on the map and make it less impenetrable for new players. Some of you seem to be of the "do nothing" opinion, have fun with your empire of dirt.
to much community salt for players at other players a lot of pettyness. if that could be overcome it would be a wonderland of joy.

Back
Top Bottom