3rd Beastlord Class tome, Empathic Master.

Snake

Dalayan Elder
You get 15-30-45-60% of ((100-[Your mana ratio*])/2)% x Amount_Empathic_healing (shared either way)), and your pet gets healed for 7.5-15-22.5-30% of any direct healing you receive.

This idea builds on the Empathic Warder class tome, that gives the pet better crit chance, and heals its master, if the pet receive direct healing (which i have dubbed "Empathic Healing").

Here the shared healing is the opposite way; if the Master receives direct healing, the pet will get a heal as well, and when ever either happens (pet is healed from master getting direct heals, or master is healed from pet getting direct heals), the Empathic Master tome, will give the Beastlord some mana back, based on current mana, and how much the Empathic healing was.

So to take a very extreme example, if Beastlord is at 10% mana, casts a pet heal that crits for 6500 (pet must be damaged at least 6500), with all class tomes maxed, he will receive 6500 x 0.3 = 1950 (if Master was damaged for at least that amount. This is the Empathic Warder tome that does this healing, just to clarify).

(100-(10/100 x 100))/2 = 45%
45% x 1950 x 60% = 526,5 mana.

Some more normal examples, Beastlord is at 50% mana, Heals him self for 1000 and heals his pet for 3500. Again all tomes maxed.

1000 x 0.3 = 300
3500 x 0.3 = 1050
(100-(50/100 x 100))/2 = 25%

25% x 300 x 60% = 45 mana
25% x 1050 x 60% = 157,5 mana

Keep in mind though, that both pet and master have to be damaged, for Empathic Healing to occur. If either is not damaged, no healing is given, no mana is gained.

Perhaps the divide by 2 factor, needs to be higher. No divide factor was to powerful I found.

*Mana ratio = (Current mana / Max Mana) * 100.
So Full mana = 100
50% Mana = 50
Out of mana = 0
ect

I'm going to be honest, I didn't read this post at all - but I think hybrid (and most int caster) mana issues need to be looked at on a fundamental level rather than getting patchwork band-aid fixes w/ class tomes and whatnot.

Basically as it stands, even if you gave bard/ranger/beastlord/necromancer/magician unlimited mana they still would not be as good as monk/rogue in a lot of scenarios. There is no reason for the damage output of these classes to be throttled by mana. They don't have spells like flash flame or RRR that are higher DPS output with a cost for efficiency compared to casting a "standard" nuke/DoT for the most part. Knights are in a similar position with their aggro generation spells.

TLDR; a lot of spells cost too much mana / mana recovery is too poor baseline - its probably better to fix the root problem instead of giving each class a band-aid fix in the form of a class tome

I dont disagree.
But incase Devs do, here is a nice idea, to give Bsts a way to deal with their mana problems :) (and help their pets get heals)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom