QoL idea's for inventory.

halen

Dalayan Beginner
So probably one of the biggest QoL issues I an it seems many others have is lack of bag space/ too many items to organize in inventory. Had some ideas that I figured I would throw out there.

Neck clickies- we all have them, we all love them, but we hate how much real estate they take up. The idea is to create an npc in each of the major cities that you can turn your necklaces into, in return you receive a clicker that summons an npc that you can hail and /cm d1-100 and receive a no rent clicker with one use.

Bane items - similar with above, npc that you can turn in your bane items past a certain bane # and receive a new bane item that has comparable stats that can have each bane type on the item. so when you get a new bane item you can turn it and the new item in and it will enhance that item with the new bane type.

arrows- again similar to above but turn in arrows up to a certain amount of each type of arrow. maybe even some pp to get a clicker that will summon and npc that you can retrieve the arrows from. also making a more expensive arrow that incorporates each bane similar to above would probably make this more manageable.

Or just allow bigger bags because the client already supports it.

I wish you luck in your endeavor either way, it's kind of like buff slots/duration.

bigger bags would def be nice but you would still have half or more cluttered with the above. not sure how it would compare to buff slots as those add a real improvement to combat where this would just allow people to not be nearly as cluttered and in some case able to loot stuff.

bag slots provide combat improvements as well - you need an empty sewing kit for vah banners, more banes/clickies etc. but yea bag space and buffslots are both dumb, we need more buffslots and we need more bagspace please.

indirectly yes, but not directly like spells would, buff limits still prevent you but putting all the clickies you want.

just thought I would mention there is a hard coded limit in the client for how many buff slots the UI can display. I would have to do some more in depth testing to be sure what that limit is but looks like it is either 14 or 41 from the limited material available to me. getting it from a resource that only about half the info applies to our particular client. the 14 number seems a bit more likely of the two since I am pretty sure we aren't targeting the very latest client.

just thought I would mention there is a hard coded limit in the client for how many buff slots the UI can display. I would have to do some more in depth testing to be sure what that limit is but looks like it is either 14 or 41 from the limited material available to me. getting it from a resource that only about half the info applies to our particular client. the 14 number seems a bit more likely of the two since I am pretty sure we aren't targeting the very latest client.
considering we have 15 buffslots right now, i'm gonna go ahead and say the UI can display more than 14 buffslots

The original base buff slots is fifteen , DoN had one, two from leveling 71-85 in TSS, and seven from the AA mystical attuning (mystical attuning goes much further but seven was the cap as of Seeds client 2008).

Total of twenty five buff slots available to the seeds client aka 2.5 client. Maybe there's a limit with this server though.

As far as the bag slots go eq-live didn't get the additional two slots until 2010 House of Thule, the larger containers iirc are also from HoT.

With all the new group spells that take up buff slots and new clicky buffs the additional 10 slots would be a very welcomed QoL change. I personally would also like the recipe book but I've asked for it before and it's not going to happen sadly (if anyone isn't sure, yes this client/server can use the recipe book since it was in the beta).

Last edited:
on recipe book my understanding is trade skills were balanced around having to click a million times(partially because 2.0 didn't support recipe books) and no one wants to do the re-balancing required to make them work with recipe books in a way they consider balanced.

on recipe book my understanding is trade skills were balanced around having to click a million times(partially because 2.0 didn't support recipe books) and no one wants to do the re-balancing required to make them work with recipe books in a way they consider balanced.
Meh, theres no real economy for tradeskill items anymore. Sure a handful of people have things up on listsold but most of it moves slowly. Back when I asked for it the only responses I really got was people thinking it didn't work with the client, people claiming it would impact the economy (there really isn't one), people complaining that since they had to do it the hard way everyone else should also and so on. Never got a dev to respond.

Even with the recipe book tradeskills are still tedious, boring, and time consuming.

As far as buff limits go, it would be great to get even a few more, but I can understand balancing issues behind that. Although I don't think the buffs we would probably add would have too much effect on raids, moreso groups. Tradeskills, still a market somewhat, especially with augs while the recipes would be awesome it would also bring in new people doing them probably and diluting the profit margins a lot. That's the main reason I was thinking about bags was because it would have a limited impact on actual play and more on QoL.

I think there are far too many body types, AKA banes. That system should be revamped. This would lower the amount of bane items you carry around as well as the amount of arrows. Two of your three points.

As far as buff limits go, it would be great to get even a few more, but I can understand balancing issues behind that. Although I don't think the buffs we would probably add would have too much effect on raids, moreso groups. Tradeskills, still a market somewhat, especially with augs while the recipes would be awesome it would also bring in new people doing them probably and diluting the profit margins a lot. That's the main reason I was thinking about bags was because it would have a limited impact on actual play and more on QoL.
What aug economy though? Antinnia does type 2s and they dont move very often, emzur was doing the new type 3s but I don't think he's restocking anytime soon, type 5s not sure who does those since I fill type 5s with cold augs, I think theres 4 of us able to make type 4s and theres virtually no market for them.

Even with the recipe book I highly doubt you would see more than a few people getting into tradeskills.

I think there are far too many body types, AKA banes. That system should be revamped. This would lower the amount of bane items you carry around as well as the amount of arrows. Two of your three points.
I've tossed out the idea of revamping bane/body types to something simple and generic like earth/wind/water/fire/dark/light or something similar, 6 bane types is plenty and a lot better than 16.

Sadly I don't see it changing due to all the work that would have to go into redoing all the monsters, gear, and revamp fletching again.

Knowing nothing per usual, I don't believe it would be very difficult to eliminate some of the complexity by merging similar body types.

Examples:

Planar Elemental AND Lesser Elemental == Elemental

Humanoid Monster AND Monster == Monster

And so on.

I also love that you said there are 16 types and I believe there are only 15. Literally no one knows how many there are because the bane system as a whole is far too complex for how important it is. I literally just found out a month ago that Humanoid Monster and Monster are two different bane types.

Also, I volunteer to do all the changes if time is actually that crunched. It more so seems that people that can actually make changes or improvement don't care to lift a finger.

EDIT: Hopefully that doesn't come off as disrespect for people who are trying hard and spending a great deal of their free time to make content. I, and I'm sure many others, am thankful for what you do.

Last edited:
Knowing nothing per usual, I don't believe it would be very difficult to eliminate some of the complexity by merging similar body types.

Examples:

Planar Elemental AND Lesser Elemental == Elemental

Humanoid Monster AND Monster == Monster

And so on.

I also love that you said there are 16 types and I believe there are only 15. Literally no one knows how many there are because the bane system as a whole is far too complex for how important it is. I literally just found out a month ago that Humanoid Monster and Monster are two different bane types.

Also, I volunteer to do all the changes if time is actually that crunched. It more so seems that people that can actually make changes or improvement don't care to lift a finger.

EDIT: Hopefully that doesn't come off as disrespect for people who are trying hard and spending a great deal of their free time to make content. I, and I'm sure many others, am thankful for what you do.
Yeah. I was thinking the number of quivers I carry, forgot that 1 is elemental since I use it so rarely.

Kinda surprised you didnt know about the Humanoid monster and monster ones but then again it could be a bit more clear and distinct.

Wish they would let you work on it though. You've got a solid understanding of the issues faced and most suggestions Ive ever seen you post are pretty balanced.

Edit: Just remembered one of my favorite banes/quiver types that can add confusion to new players. Arcane arrows that are magical bane, those are for "magical" body type. However we have elemental arrows for every resist but magic. When the fletching/bane system revamp was new years ago that one came up a lot from newer players.

Last edited:
revamping them would be a significant undertaking, that is why I proposed an "all in one" item for both gear and arrows, as long as you turned in a bane item. it would allow for consolidating into one item and it would grow as you obtained better and more banes.

Back
Top Bottom