Exponential Zone Lag

Sadly no.

Some of us don't experience it at all, others can manage by setting all filters to Hide, reduce the Clip plane, set /log to off, ect ect, and then there are some, that no matter what they do (disable antivirus, do all the before mentioned, /refresh or make new clients, you name it), they just lag out really easy.

I have heard some theories that is some sort of ISP problem. I haven't really understood what the problem was, but allegedly it can be tested by connecting through a VPN.

I solved my lag by changing some settings in eqclient.ini:

1) set all CPUaffinity# to CPUaffinity# = -1
2) set 20PixelShaders= TRUE
14PixelShaders= TRUE
VertexShaders= TRUE
Thanks to Xero for input.

Last edited:
Still get this desync issue in remnant and spires.
Quite frustrated as the progression of my toon is largely blocked because of this.

I notice that my dot damages and damage messages are not affected by this desync issue.

I know its abit of a necro post but with the season starting i was interested in having a go. But it seems like from Australia some zones lag out still including the froglok monk starting area and newport sewers. This issue is very reminiscent of the issue i have with THF which makes that server also unplayable. Searching the discord and this being the most recent post on the forums in regards to this i cant see there really being a fix. If there ever is a fix i would love to have a longer play, as it stands i may just try to avoid some zones and play the new season that way.

Back
Top Bottom