Shaman revamp.

R1 is a good spell, but no-one wants us to use it. caster class you can get away with depending on if you need to position yourself around the area.
R2 - uhg, i dont have it, does it makes sense to honestly say, im not feeling like im missing anything by not wanting it/having it?

i get it though, you dont want to blur the lines and bork it all. i dont want that either.

maybe make a strength of theirs a little better by making woundbane more expensive, cast a little faster and heal a touch more.
oh removing that snare from the R1 group hot or add a cool mana regen to it so someone will want it, as it is now, i only use it when duoing.

R1 is a good spell, but no-one wants us to use it. caster class you can get away with depending on if you need to position yourself around the area.
I've also used the R1 in caster groups during fights where moving is not a thing. Overall, what good is a heal spell that only gets cast on casters? I recall the range on this been small too, but it's been a while since I have been playing.

Listed the R1 stuff that I think should be improved...:
Mana cost: 950 (LOWER)
Cast time: 6.6 seconds (LOWER)
Slot 3: Decrease Movement by 50% (REMOVE)
Slot 11: Decrease Attack Speed by 20% (REMOVE)

when i say good spell, i mean, it opens a few doors for me when i'm duoing with my SK, albeit, not a lot of them.
i'll just plan it out when i use it, i.e Sk will cast some lifetaps or dd's, or agro spells, and the shm will throw some dots during this time.
in a group or raid environment, literally every other option for group hots is better suited.

maybe have it stack with ANY other group hot. ??
just tossing ideas

I don't want to inflame anyone. But most solutions for balance on spells should be cooldowns. Give Shams a decent power, good quality instant group healing. Make it cost their hp as well if you want to follow a theme, and give it a long cooldown. Make 1 upgrade (or regular ones as they level even better) and shamans can group heal once every 10 mins without sucking, they won't step on clr or dru for group heal fights, but they will still be priests like they were meant to be, and useful, and you don't have to redesign anything else. What do you think?

The Slow + Snare on the R1 is deadly. Most content nowadays require people to move around.

In my opinion, as a main shaman, it should have it's debuffs removed.

the double debuff is pretty dumb , if it increased attack speed by 20% you can cast this on me again Neeil :p

Since we already got the nonsense that is hibernate it might b cool to see the lizard skin(or its brother spells) line from live brought over. The buff where you proc heals on yourself.
I can only echo the same request thats been made for 5+ years which is to remove the slow from runic 1.

Last edited:
As long as we are talking shaman, please do something about "Healing Sleep" AA, besides R1.

It is extremely useless as it draws aggro over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in a very big radius.

[Sat Jun 06 22:10:34 2020] Dev-Cole BROADCASTS, 'Will Shamans get group heals?'

[Sat Jun 06 22:13:08 2020] You broadcast, 'Group heals don't fit into the role of a shaman. Their unique identity is fulfilled through single target healing, cannibalize, utility (debuffs, slows, etc), and solid single target DPS via dots'

basically just roll a druid shaman players, sorry.

[Sat Jun 06 22:10:34 2020] Dev-Cole BROADCASTS, 'Will Shamans get group heals?'

[Sat Jun 06 22:13:08 2020] You broadcast, 'Group heals don't fit into the role of a shaman. Their unique identity is fulfilled through single target healing, cannibalize, utility (debuffs, slows, etc), and solid single target DPS via dots'

basically just roll a druid shaman players, sorry.

I believe the issue here is not a shaman in a raid, where he was plenty of time and space to do utility and dps. The issue here is a shaman on a group (as Snake mentioned on the first post), where he is unable to keep more than 2 targets alive at the same time and that the only group heal bestowed upon the shaman is actually more detrimental, at least in most content nowadays, than the heal itself.

Shamans do need an urgent revamp, in order to keep with the 6 man (and maybe 12 man) content.

R1 should have it's debuffs removed and maybe turn Healing Sleep AA into an another group HoT that DOES give the slow/snare debuff (since they are sleeping, get it?)

Last edited:
IMO Runic 2 is better than anyone gives credit for. I use constantly with success. Sure I'd like it to be stronger, but it's a useful spell. My speculation is that many Shaman are boxed and would struggle finding a good rhythm for the spell.

Runic 1 needs to have the attack speed slow % removed. The snaring is fine, the spell should have a drawback. I think it should be opportunistic to use the Shaman HoT to fill a group healer role, but with the attack speed slow, it's useful basically never. If it only had the snare, you could position a Shaman to be effective SOMETIMES as a group healer and give real meaning to the spell.

Please don't give me Bash or Spellsurge. Unless you intend on introducing /cm autobash and /cm autospellsurge. I don't want to arbitrarily press a button every 4 or 10 seconds because the extra DPS could not just be assigned to Relic DoT or something.

I'm spamming here, but consider that removing the attack speed slow % on Runic 1 will also allow the Shaman to have a reliable, non-slowing way to "Torpor" themselves. This will lend into making the Runic 2 even more useful. (delivering the excess HP to the tank as you heal). The other thing to consider, is that Ancient: Slumber of the Beast is completely useless from the massive attack speed slow. It contradicts Blood Feast entirely. If you were going to give a Shaman a new spell at all, it should be a Torpor with no attack speed slow component. It would resolve R2 entirely. Just spitballing.

Having played too much of a shaman in recent weeks I have come to the conclusion that the only thing wrong with this class is that Plaguewind casts too darn slow and costs too much damn mana and maybe has too large of a dang cooldown.

I am also lying when I say that is the only thing wrong with the class but having tried to find any value in taking a shaman to an experience group over literally any other class its the thing that hurts me the most in life. Besides the absolute lack of heal throughput. I really hope this class like many is looked at somepoint in the future.

Back
Top Bottom